SACDs $11.00 at SonyMusicStore

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

There is currently a New Years sale at www.sonymusicstore.com . SACDs are $10.98 plus $2.98 s/h. If you purchase over $25, no s/h.

I'm going to pick up the stereo/5.1 Tapestry. I could wait forever trying to get the stereo only version; I just missed one on half.com for <$11 waiting for the seller to answer my question confirming the UPC number. :cry:

I thought that I had a code, but I can't find it. Any other recomendations? How is the "Ultimate Tony Benett" (sp)? The Byrds Greatest Hits?

2. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Don't forget the SHOPVISA code which gives you an additional 15% discount if you use your VISA card.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Byrds - Excellent. Get the guest-oriented Bennett SACD, I think it's called Playin' With My Friends? Awesome.

4. stereoptic

thanks David!

5. PMC7027

You're welcome. I've used the various Sony Music Store sales to get many of the available Miles Davis SACDs.

If fact, in the last 8 weeks or so I've purchased about $350 worth of SACDs using the various sale codes.

6. hdsemaj

hdsemaj Forum Resident

Great there went 40 bucks I don't have. heheh thanks guys.

Aerosmith
    Toys In The Attic 1CS57362 SACD $9.33 1 0
    Johnny Cash
    At Folsom Prison 1CS65955 SACD $9.33 1 0
    Billy Joel
    An Innocent Man 1CS69389 SACD $9.33 1 0
    The Byrds
    Greatest Hits 1CS66230 SACD $9.33 1 0

7. stereoptic

Great suggestions. I just ordered these SACDs:
    • Tony Bennett - Playin' With My Friends: Bennett Sings The Blues
    • The Byrds - Greatest Hits
    • Carole King - Tapestry (stereo / 5.1 version)

With the discount and free s/h total is $30.09!!

8. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

And 20% off with an Amex card and corresponding code through the rest of 2004. SACD's end up costing $8.78 each!

9. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

It seems that the Sony Music Store web site does not have a list of all SACDs available. You have to search by artist. Is that correct?

EDIT: Nevermind. I just did a search for "SACD" (a la BMG's web site), and 229 titles came up. For many of the titles, the CD is shown, but the SACD is listed in small text as "also available."

10. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

What's the AMEX code??? (Sorry if I missed it)

11. PMC7027

SHOPAMEX

12. dasacco

dasacco Senior Member

Hey thanks for the tip!

I got Byrds, O'jays, Earth Wind & Fire and Blood Sweat & Tears for less than 40 bucks!

13. scottabs

scottabs Senior Member

Just tried Shopamex and it doesn't seem to work. :confused:

14. PMC7027

I thought the code was SHOPAMEX, although if it doesn't work I must be mistaken. I apologize. Ly last onder on Dec. 23 I used the SHOPVISA code since I don't have an American Express card.

15. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Maybe lv70smusic can tell us what the code is for 20% off

16. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

If you have a MBNA card they'll switch it over to a AMEX card for you. MBNA offers AMEX cards now.

17. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

try SAVEAMEX

I got the Byrds Greatest Hits last month and was not that impressed as compared to last CD remaster and the studio albums. IMHO the CD's were clearer.
    "Ultimate Tony Benett" is very good. Much better than the last CD remaster. It sounds like they went back another few generations for the master - especially for the olders stuff. Fabulous music.

18. Mister Kite

Mister Kite Uncle Obscure

Yikes! My credit cards are smokin' this holiday season! Please, PLEASE don't post any more threads about great prices and hot sales! I can't take any more! :winkgrin:

Looks like
    Carole King - Tapestry
    Tony Bennett - The Ultimate Tony Bennett
    and Earth, Wind & Fire - Gratitude
    SACD's for me!! :edthumbs:

19. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Yes, the code is SAVEAMEX and it must be used in conjunction with an American Express card to work.

21. KeithH

Interesting. I have both the Greatest Hits remastered CD and SACD and have not compared them. I always assumed that the remastered CD was made from the same DSD master used for the SACD.

22. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

I was surprised when I compared them, because every Sony SACD that I'd previously compared to the latest remaster were always slightly to much better than the last CD version (except "Lady in Satin").
    Please compare them if you get a chance (and tell me if I need to listen to both once again...)

23. KeithH

Will do. With regards to Lady in Satin, were you listening to the original stereo-only SACD or the stereo track off the multi-channel disc? I haven't heard either one yet, but it's been well documented that there is some sort of an EQ problem on the stereo-only disc. This was supposedly fixed on the multi-channel disc.

24. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

you can just search for "sacd" then you get the whole list. though they show the cd versions, there is small print in the description "also avail on sacd". you need to click that to get the sacd "buy" link.

25. KeithH

I don't know if you were replying to the initial confusion I expressed in an earlier post, but I edited that post to reflect the SACD search and "Also available: SACD" option. When I first clicked onto the Sony site, I was looking for an SACD link in the red area to the left. That would have made things easy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.