SACDs $11.00 at SonyMusicStore

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

At the time I placed the order it did say the shipping was free. Then they changed it later.

2. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Apparently Sony think's today is a legal holiday and their call center is closed. The price on the Kind Of Blue SACD went up to 12.98 today also. Was 10.98 yesterday. Same with the Toys In The Attic SACD. Prices are going up as I type this.

3. World of Genesis

World of Genesis Active Member

That stinks that the prices went up a tad.. Still, with sales for multi-channel discs in the toilet, their future may be uncertain. So, I decided to buy 4 titles with this deal. I got the surround versions of Carole King's Tapestry, Oasis' What The Story Morning Glory?, Billy Joel's 52nd Street, and Bernstein's take on Holst's The Planets for under $55 with shipping. Not bad at all... :righton:

Dave

4. Marty Milton

Marty Milton Senior Member

Thanks for the link. I thought the prices were different today, but I didn't really pay that close attention when I placed to order. The Visa coupon was a nice bonus.

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

Wow! You're right. The prices HAVE gone up! Looks like I got my order in just in time.............:D

6. rpd

rpd Senior Member

i may want to pick up 4 or 5 classical SACD's off the Sony site...any suggestions on the top ones to get?

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

The E. Power Biggs one is excellent. The others aren't very interesting.

8. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I'm glad I placed an order on December 30th, before the prices changed!

9. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Are you really dismissing all of Sony's classical SACD offerings except this one? :shake:

10. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Apparently yes. Are there some other multichannel Sony classical SACDs I should consider?

11. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Is multichannel the overriding criteria ?

12. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

A good part of it.

13. rpd

rpd Senior Member

I am two channel...so I would be interested in any of these SACD's that are considered excellent...

14. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Ah - thanks for qualifying. Yeah - all of their historic SACD's are (in wonderful) two channel.
    For multi-channel Try Midori - "Mozart - Sinfonia Concertante" and Hilary Hahn "Brahms/Stravinsky - Violin Concertos"

15. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

My order is still "in progress" - does any one else have that status? I tried calling yesterday (Monday), and there was a message stating that they were closed for the holiday and will be open on "Tuesday Jan. 3" (Tuesday is the 4th). The site was down for a while today, and I forgot to call before 5PM to check out my status. :confused:

16. dolstein

dolstein Senior Member

I placed my order today. Even if prices went up a little, the discs were still incredibly cheap with my Amex discount. We're talking savings on the order of 40-50%.

Which makes me wonder . . . .

Is Sony giving up on SACD and simply trying to unload their inventory?

Would SACD have taken off if titles had been priced this way to begin with?

17. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I bought 20 SACDs at $8.78 with the AMEX discount. and got free shipping! I doubt anyone made money on that sale! :eek:

18. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

SACD has nothing to do with this sale. The sale applies to all items, including cassettes and regular CDs.

I had to cancel my order due to a problem with the processing of it.

{Edited--let's not insult anyone here, OK? -=R=-}

19. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

The 4th order I placed with Sony was shipped yesterday. What was the problem with your order?

20. rpd

rpd Senior Member

SHOPAMEX did not work for me tonight...

21. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Is anyone else besides me being charged sales tax? Kinda takes some of the fun out of it :sigh:

22. rpd

rpd Senior Member

They normally charge tax.... They just charged me...

23. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

That was my mistake; it was SAVEAMEX. I'm not sure if it is still valid, however.

24. KeithH

It was said on page 2 of this thread that the code is SAVEAMEX, not SHOPAMEX. SAVEAMEX worked for me about a week ago.

25. KeithH

I just reviewed the order I placed online on December 30th, and I was not charged sales tax. Perhaps that's because I live in Delaware, where there is no sales tax. I'm not sure if that's it, though. Normally, residents of the state where the mail-order business is located pay sales tax (it's an in-state transaction, so it's just like buying something at your local brick-and-mortar store). Perhaps there are laws requiring residents of certain states to pay sales tax on at least some out-of-state sales as well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.