SACDs $11.00 at SonyMusicStore

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wynnwikman

wynnwikman Senior Member

I also got a box with a bunch of CDs and SACDs and NO bubble wrap or other packing material (the box looked fine from the outside). All the CD and SACD boxes were broken, and the teeth were broken on the digipacks. These problems ruined the packaging of every item (digipack parts can't be replaced, i don't have spare SACD box parts (and the plastic sleeve on one was torn in half), and all the CDs had information stickers on the front covers that i consider part of the packaging and can not be replaced (Jewelbox scmewlbox indeed). I sent a long email about all the problems (it took a long time to list all of them), and all i got back was a form letter, saying basically - too bad. I don't mind buying used items in this condition (with corresponding prices), but i paid for new product which was new when it left the warehouse.

Wynn

2. tone ded freb

tone ded freb Senior Member

Agreed. I know how to replace a jewelcase. But I didn't pay for broken jewelcases and the wrong disc. I would have ordered somewhere else and willingly paid more had I known to expect this.

I get the feeling, although I have nothing concrete to substantiate it, that some of the items they are selling as new are merchandise returned to them by stores as damaged.

3. Tuco

Tuco Senior Member

Sorry to be a bit off topic, but how the he11 do all these teeth break during storage and/or shipping???

4. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

I ordered the Dylan set from yourmusic.com right after Christmas and it was 5.99 per disc + tax, no shipping charged.

5. tone ded freb

I don't know how it happens but it's happened to me most with out-of-print titles of which there are low remanining stock. It happened about two years ago when I scored a sealed DCC Roy Orbison from an online retailer. The hub was busted. That didn't bug me much because I knew I was lucky even to have scored the CD. Hey, if the Sony Music Store were the last place I could find these titles, I wouldn't be as upset. But I don't think it is. Yet.

6. I ordered three SACD titles before Christmas. A package arrived on Friday. One disc was SACD, the other two were redbook versions of the titles that I ordered.

7. tone ded freb

They only pioneered the format. You'd hope at least they would know the difference. Apparently not. :rolleyes:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.