SACDs $11.00 at SonyMusicStore

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by stereoptic, Dec 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. avwh

avwh New Member

Thanks, soundboy for the heads up on the sale.
    Thanks, stereoptic for the extra discount code.

Sweet - got 5 SACDs for $11.88 each - 2 Billy Joels, 2 James Taylors, and Mary Chapin Carpenter.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

^bump^

Hey guys.. none of the previously mentioned coupon codes work, but I tried SAVEVISA3 and it works for an extra 15% off :goodie: but, you must really use a Visa card this time

Used it to preorder "No Direction Home" for $16.13. Free shipping too for orders over $25.00.

3. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

what if you have a Visa debit card...Would that work? Any new promo/discount codes out there?

4. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Does you Visa debit require a PIN to complete a transaction? If not, then you'll be OK.

I don't think there's any other current codes. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

5. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Received e-mail from sonymusicstore.com....

Sales end 9/30/2005

Edit: Oh, free shipping for order over $25.00

6. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Delayed gratification, here I come! I must be crazy! (2005 is my SACD year)

Darn this forum!

By reading this thread & other SACD OOP threads, I bought my 1st single-layer multichannel SACD today at Tower Records: Billy Joel's "The Stranger" for $18.99 (before tax). I say
    'delayed gratification' becuse I don't yet have an SACD player! I say 'I must be crazy' because I'm spent money on a product that I can't yet listen to, and even more so because I bought the "The Stranger" CD remaster back in 1998, so I just double-dipped to boot!

Darn this forum! Darn my wallet!

Since 2003, I've been picking up hybrid SACDs peace meal...the only place I can lsiten to music is the car and have picked up a decent small collection (over 25, haven't counted, really...I'm afraid to!) I still have my sealed 1999 Mofi "Blues in Orbit" SACD which I plan to open once I get more settled (see NOTE below).

I also bought all of the Sam Cooke hybrid SACDS (thanks to Borders' 30% of coupon) save for the import one ("Tribute to the Lady") and am just got started with The Stones (Borders' Coupon and its 2 for $22 sale and Labor Day Circuit City sales). I have yet to get the Dylan and CCR boxes, which might not happen till later this year/early next becuse my wallet can't take much more punishment.

Speaking of punishment and getting back to the thread subject at hand, I'm about to embark on this sonymusicstore sale (by the end of this week) and pick up additional Sony single layer SACDs before they go out of print. I'll post my results later...

NOTE: Once I get a place of my own...currently living with family (mom to be exact, ugh), one of the first things I'll be doing is finding a decent yet affordable surround set-up in addition to an apartment with thick walls...I'll never want to leave cause of my ever- expanding music collection! Oh why can't they make SACD car players? (Yeah, I know, SACD looks like a dead format now...)

###​

7. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff Thread Starter

nice catch - from what I understand that's a tough one to locate!

8. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

I think 9.30.05 is the last day for this sale...

9. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Nukevor, what titles did you pick up?

10. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Gosh...delayed gratifaction kills! I got my lucky 13/bakers dozen! Only one hybrid in the whole bunch. I must be nuts!

+Johnny Cash/At Folsom Prison/Multichannel
    +Aerosmith/Toys In The Attic/Multichannel Billy Joel
    +Billy Joel/52nd Street/Multichannel
    +Billy Joel/An Innocent Man/Stereo
    +David Bowie/Reality Hybrid Multichannel
    +David Bowie/Heathen 1CS86630 Multichannel
    +Cyndi Lauper/She's So Unusual/Stereo
    +Big Brother & The Holding Company/Cheap Thrills/Multichannel
    +Michael Jackson/Thriller/Stereo
    +Boston/Boston/Stereo
    +Willie Nelson/Stardust/Stereo
    +Blue Öyster Cult/Agents Of Fortune/Multichannel
    +Carole King/Tapestry/Multichannel

###​

11. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

Well, you picked up some nice ones there. Somehow, Sony really did right by many of these original single layer SACD's, before abandoning ship.

And you did very well by finding The Stranger. Fortunately I picked up my copy a couple of years ago, but my buddy who waited can't find a copy anywhere anymore. It's one of my favorite SACD's.

Oh, and go buy yourself an SACD player. At least buy the Pioneer for like $120, just so you can start enjoying some of these.

12. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

jeffrey r,

Re: SACD player. When I get a new job and move out of my parent's house! Sidebar newbie question: What's the best way to make CD-Rs of single layer SACDs (for the car of course!) Would the DSD stuff get translated to the redbook copy? Wishful thinking...

13. stereoptic

only if it the redbook was mastered using DSD.

14. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

Nukevor....you can't copy a single-layer SACD.

15. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Yes you can, just not digitally. I just take the analog output from my SACD player and feed it into the analog input of my HHB CD Recorder.

16. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

re-read nukevor's post....PMC is right.

17. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

I'm starting to worry. Have not yet received my shipment. On "my account" page it reads:

Order #xxxxxxx
    Order date: 09/30/2005 03:53PM EDT

Okay...am I SOL?

18. stereoptic

I would call them up and ask them, their customer service is pretty good. - I've called before when I was waiting for an order to process.IIRC the hours are limited -check out the web page for details. They may be holding the entire package for one CD.

19. Richard Feirstein

Richard Feirstein New Member

My kids hate me for have purchased so many great non-hybrid Sony disks; they can't play them on their systems, or in the car, or move the music over to their MP3 players.

Richard.

20. jeffrey r

jeffrey r Member

Sony's shipping stinks. My orders usually languish for a week or two, and then I call or e-mail, and then it ships in the next day or so. Just call or e-mail customer service and you'll get some movement.

21. stereoptic

yes on two occasions when I called about an order they replied "oooh, it's shipping....uh, today" :rolleyes:

22. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

I've been too busy to call, and good news: I just got an e-mail from the sony music store and they should be arriving in 4 days. Interestingly, Gmail allowed me to track my shipment number, whilst Sony Music store did not. Go figure.

23. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Well, I just got my shipment today. It came in one of those padded envelopes. One complaint: they forgot to ship Willie Nelson's "Stardust" SACD! There was no order list/ invoice inside the package either. I'm gonna call Sony Music store tomorrow to see what is up. Any words of advice?

24. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Just also sent them an e-mail via "[email protected]" and cc:ed it to my e-mail address. I hope to hear from them tomorrow.

25. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Just got "Stardust" yesterday. Woo-hoo!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.