Led Zeppelin "40th Anniversary" Remasters in 2009

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bowie Fett, Aug 29, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident Thread Starter

I was just informed that we may see remasters within the next 6-8 months. They've been working hard on trying to replicate the sound of the original vinyl pressings from the 60s and 70s so I'm guessing Mothership was not a sampler of these future releases. More info to come.

:thumbsup:

2. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Who has been "working hard trying to replicate the sound of the original vinyl pressings"?

I'm not dismissing what you're saying, it just seems like a doubtful proposition these days. But I do hope you're right.

3. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

With all respect...could you please state who you are being informed by? Without sources this is all speculation...
    John Davis was the person who had been chosen (and he is a member here) for this job...I s it someone different then?

4. Bowie Fett

I can't give you names but more info is coming. My source is credible, however, he is not on the project so I can not vouch for his source.

:wave:

5. Spitfire

Spitfire Senior Member

I don't think the forum can handle this info at this time. They're still digesting the Beatles MOJO cover.

6. bba1973

bba1973 New Member

Any idea if the rumored Led Zeppelin II remaster will be an RL needledrop or sound as good as one? Man, I'm almost done buying all the Diaments too.

7. Dave D

Dave D Done!

I'm ready to start a Pink Floyd reunion thread.

8. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

Go for it. Why not? There's many more pots that could be stirred. :laugh:

9. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

:righton: :laugh::laugh:

10. Bowie Fett

Hahaha...maybe John Davis can quash my news?

11. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Or squash it. He's pretty good at that.:shh:

12. Bowie Fett

:laugh:

I just sold my remasters and began re-buying the Diament's.

13. Baron Von Talbot

Baron Von Talbot Well-Known Member

That would be fantastic ! But i doubt anyone today would be able to get a record pressed in that sound quality - the type of gear and knowlege ain't around anymore - a pity..

But yeah, every other year you get a brand new Led Zeppelin Remasterings set...one year on CD, the next year on LP and so on...

14. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

No need for remasters of LZ! Got my original pressings of the ones Classic didn't get right, and the rest I have on Classic 200g pressings. I needle dropped those, and I'm all good to go! Unless they're going to remaster on analog gear, I don't see the point.

Frank R.

15. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Er, no. They were remastered for CD in 1990/93 and for LP around 1998-2000. There've been a couple of compilations and reissues in mini-LP format but these have always used the 90's masters and even the one in 2007 (Mothership) was from the flat digital transfers done for the 1990's CD masters. That's all since the original mid-80's CDs that have been available to the general public. One private remaster compilation was done for the film industry.

16. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I don't follow. If they are using tapes as the source of course they would have to master from analog gear. Unless they use a CD as a source by default they would be mastering on analog gear.

17. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Don't ya just love planned obsolescence? Closely followed by retro nostalgia.

18. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

So now all we need is the Smile Box set from the Beach Boys yeah? :angel::winkgrin:

19. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

No... I mean actually making the EQ moves and everything before transferring to digital. It sounds better that way. There's no way to make sommething sound as good as the vinyl when you transfer the master tape to digital first and use all digital gear for the mastering. (That's usually how it's done these days).

Frank R.

20. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

At this rate, I'm gonna have to start a life of crime to fund all these new Beatles and Zep things... :(

21. Barry Wom

Barry Wom New Member

I'd rather see Classic Records get the rights back.

22. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

What new Beatles things? :D:shh:

23. mrdon

mrdon Senior Member

Let's not get too sarcastic about this news. This is probably creditable. If I remember correctly, someone else at this post inplied this.

24. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

I just hope we get bonus tracks.

25. This could be mash up of Beatle/Zep tunes by George Martin's son.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.