'A Charlie Brown Christmas' Vince Guaraldi Trio 45 RPM is here!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Ben, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

A CHARLIE BROWN
    CHRISTMAS
    VINCE GUARALDI
    TRIO

Mastered by Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray at AcousTech and pressed at RTI.
    Analogue Production's 45 RPM is now here!!!

I've just spinned it. Sounds AMAZING!!! Superquiet and flat 180 gram vinyl pressing.
    Thanks to all involved (Chad, Steve, Kevin, and everyone at RTI and AP) for bringing us this great classic in true audiophile sound.

Post your impressions here.

Attached Files:

2. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

lucky man, mine should be here tomorrow. cant wait.

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Wednesday for me! :goodie:

4. stever

stever Senior Member

Got mine last Friday!

5. andyinstal

andyinstal Runner for Others

Mine was supposed to arrive today, but gremlins got it. Hopefully tomorrow!

6. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

Got mine today. Sounds wonderful! I especially like the vintage tape hiss...

7. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Glad they got it out in time!

8. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

I like the added countoff before Christmas Time Is Here (vocal version). Adds that little extra to the listening experience...

9. Steve Hoffman

That's Vince himself doing the count off. I wanted you to hear his voice which is why I left it on there.

Kate_C. and JamesD1957 like this.
  10. PeteRFNY

PeteRFNY Member

Love those vintage labels, too! :)

11. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

I placed my order today. I have to admit that I felt guilty spending that kind of money on myself this close to xmas, but I justified it by telling myself that I can use it to spread joy to my family and friends this season :winkgrin:

rbichamp likes this.
  12. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

That song sounds a lot better than the cd I have - like the tape damage where it gets fluttery sounding here and there is gone.... :)

13. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

I did a double take... I had to take the arm/needle and play it again when I first heard it. :righton:

14. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

Even better...

15. John Oteri

John Oteri New Member In Memoriam

Thanks for that, Steven. It's great to hear Vince's voice. I know that any variation from the official released version can get you in to trouble.

16. Steve Hoffman

Heh, yeah. I think this will be ok...

17. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Got mine yesterday, it was freezing from sitting in the ice cold FED/EX truck, when they delivered it. Knowing that playing a record in that condition was not a wise idea, I left it sit and warm up, still unopened. By the time I felt it safe to open, I had to run to a studio where a friend of mine was cutting a few last minute Christmas songs, so hopefully I'll get to hear it today?

Since the other thread about this new release has been CLOSED, I'd STILL appreciate hearing from Steve Hoffman, regarding his feelings about this release, since it's left his and Kevin's hands. I don't want to put Steve in an awkward position with past or present employees (that is NOT my intent), I just wandered if he was happy with the end result, especially since he mastered this over a year ago? After all Steve, we (your forum), are your biggest fans, it's only fair to share with us, your honest feelings about a past project and how they ended up in your eyes (or make that EARS). It's your stories and the stories of other forum members here that makes this place tick, so please give us the good and the bad stories, warts and all!

Chris C

18. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

I ordered mine last night! My wife saw me looking at it on the computer. She asked me if I had ordered yet. I said no, something about cost. She said, 'will you just order it, you know you love this stuff and you'll regret it if you don't.' So I did. She is a wise woman.:love:

rbichamp likes this.
  19. DJ WILBUR

i keep looking for the fed ex truck out my window every 5 minutes. And he usually gets here very late in the day. :mad: Gonna be a long day.

20. DJ WILBUR

How sweet this thing looks and sounds. :goodie:

I'm so happy. :D

21. Steve Hoffman

Glad you're happy. Sounds great to me as well; just like it did a year ago when we mastered it.

Great music from a great player.

22. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Aside from the count-off on the vocal Christmas Time Is Here, why does the song in particular sound better than my old cd? I'm not hearing the spots where it sounded like the tape was damaged (sort of a stuttery dropout sound in places)?

23. Steve Hoffman

The team of Gray/Hoffman would never let something like that show up on one of our records, silly.:)

Michel Jazz likes this.
  24. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Sounds less hissy, too - did you discover the joy of No-Noise? :D

25. JeffN727

JeffN727 Forum Resident

I would like this, but the price is a little too steep for me right now.
    However, I did stop by Mejier on the way home last night and pick up the 1988 CD, mastered by George Horn. That's a 24 hour department store. You take what you can get at 4 in the morning.:D
    I'm surprised that they even had that!
    :cool:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.