'A Charlie Brown Christmas' Vince Guaraldi Trio 45 RPM is here!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Ben, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

Re: Michael Fremer

IMHO, this one goes to 11. I like it that much. :D

dasacco likes this.
  2. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Mine came an hour ago. It is #516 for those keeping score of such things.

3. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

During Christmas when my family was all together, I let this 45 spin in the background permeating from my music room. Because the sides are short with only a few tracks, I didn't always get the chance to flip it and re-start right away. My nephew commented, hey when are you going to flip that LP, I wanted hear the rest. :righton: I smiled to myself. Later that night my sister said hey can you make me a CDR from that Charlie Brown music. :thumbsup: I told her of course as soon as I make one for myself. :D Neither of my family has the music on CD of any kind but each immediately knew where the music came from (the old familar tv series brings memories back)

So the next day I got around to making a needle drop and make a 2nd for my sister, when she got home she commented how awesome it sounded in her car on the way home.

Just thought I would share my experience with this new release. I'm very glad I got it before the holidays. Today I played my needledrop in my car running some errands, I can now retire my 88 Fantasy CD, because this needledrop is just so much better, it's amazing when music sounds this good, the warmth is there and it's like you don't want it to stop, your ears never tire like you get from regular CD's. LP does create a warmth that can't be found on most CD's.

4. hdsemaj

hdsemaj Forum Resident

I want one of those for Christmas too. :love:

5. rbichamp

rbichamp Senior Member

OK, I moved since this post and finally had the time to open it up now that I am settling in at the new place (I had kept it in Acoustic Sounds original shipping packaging for safe keeping). I've got # 0520. I think I'll keep the actual vinyl sealed for now. Maybe I'll have a turntable by next Christmas! :)

6. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Do they repress this every Christmas?

7. Jeff8086

Jeff8086 Forum Resident

Not your version.

8. Steve Hoffman

Bummer.

Jeff8086 likes this.
  9. Pelvis Ressley

Pelvis Ressley Down in the Jungle Room

I've had #951 since it was released. An essential release.

10. Steve Hoffman

Reopened by request.

Jeff8086 likes this.
  11. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

They should.

Jeff8086 likes this.
  12. jbc777300

jbc777300 Forum Resident

How many of these were pressed in 2006?

13. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

[​IMG]
    Just played mine today. Sounded fantastic. 45 rpm is kind of an annoyance for this particular record to me cause the sides go by so quickly but it sure sounds terrific.

jbc777300 likes this.
  14. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

I would love to track down a reasonably priced version of this pressing 45 or 33. Played the heck out of my Craft version this year and it does sound nice but would love an AAA.

I know the masters are in pretty bad shape but what’s the chance for a repress?

jbc777300 likes this.
  15. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I just checked the archives...my VG++ vinyl, and M- jacket cost me all of $20.00 ?!?!? Member who hasn't logged in since 2016, had opened his first FS thread in October, 2010, and I grabbed it after one $10 price drop.
    I had completely forgotten that, since I pull it out every Christmas, and appreciate it for the treasure it is.
    Nice to be reminded of the great deals that have crossed my path over the years.

stereoptic likes this.
  16. Farhaven

Farhaven New Member

Just grabbed a Used copy on eBay. I don’t see the edition number anywhere. It’s it stamped somewhere? Or were some pressings not numbered?

17. Mok

Mok Has Potential

Should be on the back, lower right, a silver sticker with number (up to 1000). I have #360. As long as it's 2x45, you should be all set. It's possible that some unnumbered copies went out, sometimes they will press a few extra in case of returns, and sell them off after a bit.

18. Farhaven

Farhaven New Member

Thanks! I must have got an unnumbered copy. No sticker.

I wonder if this means that there was an initial numbered pressing of 1000 and then a second unnumbered pressing. And if so, how many extra did they press?

I’ll ask someone at AP and see if anyone knows.

19. Farhaven

Farhaven New Member

Just a quick question about the 2006 45 RPM edition of A Charlie Brown Christmas.

I recently picked up a used copy, and the vinyl is perfect, matrix numbers are correct, sounds amazing love it! But the jacket is not numbered. The original pressing (1000?) had number stickers on the jacket back lower right. My copy does not.

Just wondering if anyone knows if there was a second pressing that was not numbered? If so, how many were pressed. If not, why are some copies not numbered?

20. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Maybe it’s a promo copy? Or perhaps a replacement copy for a flawed LP? I’m not aware of a repressing, but that doesn’t really mean much.

I have #444 - and, as others have indicated, it’s on a sticker in the lower right corner of the rear cover.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    Derek Gee and Farhaven like this.
  21. Farhaven

Farhaven New Member

Received an interesting reply from Analogue Productions. Not a lot of detail, but maybe someone can comment:

“A customer support staff member has replied to your support request, #675835 with the following response:

There were subsequent press runs that were not numbered.

We hope this response has sufficiently answered your questions.”

22. Derek Gee

Derek Gee Senior Member

I would write back and ask how many additional copies were pressed. One of the reasons I bought it was because it was so limited.

Derek

23. domesticmachine

domesticmachine Resident Forum

If that’s a deal breaker I’ll give you list for your copy :love:

Derek Gee likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.