'A Charlie Brown Christmas' Vince Guaraldi Trio 45 RPM is here!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Ben, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chip TRG

Chip TRG Senior Member

I have to wait on ordering this for myself......Been out of work for almost 2 monthes now.....what little cash coming is is going to everyone else this holiday....not a good time of the year for no work.....SAVE ME A COPY!!! :D

Can't wait to order it down the road.......I'm going out on a limb and saying that it must sound pretty good based on the reviews ;)

2. ShawnMcCann

ShawnMcCann A Still Tongue Makes A Happy Life

#300 arrived at my house yesterday. What a pleasure to listen to. Thank you Mr. Hoffman and Mr. Gray! The thing I was most surprised at is the improved fidelity of the children's chorus. On the CD (I have the 11 track version that matches the running order of this release) it sounded as if they were singing from behind a closed door instead of being in the same room as the microphone.

3. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

Where have most of you ordered this from?

4. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

I got mine from Acoustic Sounds.

5. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Yep. Just ordered mine yesterday. And a copy of Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus, too. That one's getting low in stock at Acoustic Sounds.

6. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

I've noticed at Acoustics Sounds it is listed as #3 on the Top 50 sellers in the last 30 days. It appears there are lot of people purchasing this. Anything with a limited run and music of interest to me always gets my attention. Can't wait to hear this especially after hearing how satisfied everyone has been.

If you haven't already posted your review after listening please post I'd like to read it before mine arrives. :D

Edit: I also forgot to mention, except for the short mention on the first post by Ben, how did this all come about. Since I'm new here...is there another thread somewhere that talks about how it all happened, it sounds like it was a work in progress and folks were hoping it would be available for the holidays and in fact it is, so it sounds like you may have been talking about it before I arrived. I'd just like to hear some more background into how this all went into production. Thanks.

7. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

For a previous thread on how this came about check this thread
    http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=68101

This title is part of a 100 title Fantasy Jazz series that Analogue Productions is almost done releasing. All 100 titles cut by Steve Hoffman and Kevin Gray at 45 RPM. All titles cost $50 each and many already OOP.

For more information on these titles check this link
    http://store.acousticsounds.com/fantasyjazz.cfm?&banner_id=422

8. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

Has someone done a review of the songs? I'm dying to read and hear about the differences from prior releases.

9. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Thanks Ben for the links just what I was looking for, I didn't see this page when I ordered. Enjoyed the photos as well.

10. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

I noticed there was a test pressing available for $95. I would'nt think there would be that big of a difference in sound. Perhaps it's just because it is a test pressing?

11. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

Any of our Canadian forum members order this yet? If so, from where, and what was the cost and method of shipping. Any border issues?

Thanks!

12. Ctiger2

Ctiger2 Senior Member

I've been ordering most of my audiophile vinyl from Acoustic Sounds. I have also ordered some from musicdogpound. The dog has some killer prices... they just don't carry everything.

13. munson66

munson66 Forum Dilettante

I ordered it from Acoustic Sounds on the 28th of November. On the 5th, thanks to this thread, I checked on my order status and it said "Hold for weighing." Now, I'm looking and it says "Back order being processed." Curious, because it shows up as "in stock" when you look here.
    Guess I'll just have to keep hangin' in there?

14. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

mine is still backordered, though its here and I never got an email or a fed ex tracking number.

15. munson66

munson66 Forum Dilettante

I got an email yesterday that my copy had shipped, and it arrived today (number 410).

Shipping to Toronto came to $33, and the feds took another CDN$8 bite for goods and services tax.

All told, that's the most I've ever shelled out for vinyl, but I'm not complaining! I am, however, a bit intimidated about throwing these records on the Technics. At the very least, I feel like I should replace the cart. Or maybe even wait till I can get the Thorens TD160 (which has been waiting, patiently, in a corner of the office) overhauled. Or just go shopping for a new table...

16. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

Arrived today from Elusive, number was in the high 200s, can't recall the exact number.

Sound was absolutely breath taking. My wife had to tell me to stop playing it. My frame of reference for this title was the 1988 Fantasy red book cd, which this release smokes, and I can't imagine any other version or format sounding this good. The low end was beautiful and natural sounding, the instrumentation through out was top notch. Demo quality, the perfect record to play for those curious and/or skeptical why someone would buy vinyl in 2006. Thanks Steve

Clay

17. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

Who got the lowest no. so far?

18. whiskerbiscuit

whiskerbiscuit Forum Resident

I should be getting mine tomorrow from Acoustic Sounds. If it's in the single or double digits, I'll let you know. It's safe to assume mine will have triple digits and I will be happy just the same. :)

19. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

:sigh: Not me, mine is #0268

Chris C

20. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

276 is mine.

21. AudiophilePhil

AudiophilePhil Senior Member

I will be happy to get the 1000th copy.

22. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Maybe they pressed only 500. I got a copy of Jazz Impessions numbered in the high 400s, and they indicated "limited stock" at Acoustic Sounds. Granted, Charlie Brown Christmas could be expected to outsell that one, but it's more seasonal.

23. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

Numbered editions are not always sold one at a time or in strict order. Acoustic Sounds distributes the discs in bulk to other distributors and retailers all over the world.

24. andyinstal

andyinstal Runner for Others

Also, when I was at RTI, Don told us that there was no way for them to match up pressing 10 with jacket #10, 20 with 20 and so forth. Not wanting to threadcrap, but the number on the jacket is just the number on the jacket. Did not want someone getting #700 to feel that their copy was inferior to #300. Any one of us could have the first pressing off the stamper.

25. Derek Gee

Derek Gee Senior Member

Mine's #0265. The sound quality reveals the master tapes, warts and all. RTI's pressing is a disappointment. Lots of little ticks to spoil the experience. I was expecting the same level of quiet that my MFSL and Japanese pressings from the 1980s provide. Not good for a $50 item.

Derek

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.