'A Charlie Brown Christmas' Vince Guaraldi Trio 45 RPM is here!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Ben, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

the team done good.

thank god i have a job where i get to play vinyl if i want to. :D its on now. though the sides are so short, long pauses at work between side changes.

2. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Steve, did you have any involvement with the double-45 set for "Jazz Impressions of Black Orpheus" on Analogue Productions?

3. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

The "SH Discography" is your friend! :laugh:

4. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

I received mine today. I haven't opened the plastic sleeve yet but it is one beautiful package from the outside! :love:

5. ericc2000

ericc2000 Forum Resident

Wow, want to trade?

6. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

Steve and Kevin have mastered ALL 100 titles in the 45 RPM Fantasy Jazz Series.

7. soundQman

soundQman Senior Member

Cool. Gotta pick that one up, and maybe others. I'm not into the Jazz scene that much, so I didn't know. Thanks.

8. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

It's great; I wish I could say something more profound! Got mine today.

9. DJ WILBUR

I've spent a few hours with it now. Played it out actually for the evening, had to move on to the nat king cole trio and bill evans trio...

I did make a needle drop for the car as well as for listening when i'm lazy. the vinyl is just exceeding all my expectations, now I think i gotta get me a few other of these 45rpm releases.

And the labels are so gorgeous. such a joy to flip them every 8 minutes. :rolleyes: (the only downside....)

10. munson66

munson66 Forum Dilettante

Wow, this thread is making me even more eager for my copy to arrive!

11. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

My copy arrived today. The tubes are warming up and in a little while it will be spinning.

12. andyinstal

andyinstal Runner for Others

I just sat there and tried to understand how a needle going across vinyl could sound this good. This totally kicks the crap out of the SACD. The piano sounds like it is right in front of you.

13. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

Damn I'm getting this!

14. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Steve, it's great to know that you're happy with the LP, now that it finally got released! I'm also happy that the FED/EX person finally arrived at DJ WILBUR's house, as I know, better than anyone, that there is NOTHING like waiting like a kid, for a package to arrive!

Chris C

15. DJ WILBUR

Chris, it really was more like magic getting this one. I stepped out to walk my pooch and came back and it was sitting at my doorstep. Like magic, like santa. i just had to leave the house for ithe fed ex elf to arrive.

I have it on again this morning. Man, this sounds so great in the early morning light on a cold morning drinking some tea.

I have to say, i've been kinda "blue" (psyched about that release of that vinyl the day before my birthday!) but this album arrived at the right time to jump start my christmas spirit. I can hear Linus now.....

16. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

No, thanks. I won't even begin to tell you how great my wife is. :shh:

rbichamp likes this.
  17. mdphunk

mdphunk Sharing in the groove

Ordered mine on Monday, it was scheduled for delivery tomorrow, and it came TODAY!

Just got done spinning it...WOW. This album has a special place in my heart, and I always wait for the perfect time to play it each holiday season. I'll usually spin it a few times, and then put it away until next year. Now, I'm gonna have to resist the urge to play it in the summer!

The vinyl is dead quiet, the clarity is amazing, the tone is perfect. I heard things I've never heard on this recording before...it was like hearing it for the first time. Of course I wanted to post as soon as the album finished, and now I'm nearly speechless. You've just gotta hear it to believe it.

This is actually my first Hoffman/Gray vinyl purchase...I can say without a doubt I'll be making MANY more!

Thank you, Steve, for bringing out the best in my favorite xmas album :righton:

18. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Got my copy today! Number 0301. Everything that I imagined and more! I played it tonight as I set up the Christmas tree!

Great job, Kevin and Steve!:righton:

19. Mok

Mok Has Potential

Well, I don't know about you guys, but I pre-ordered this one on June 14 from Music Direct, and it's still not here. Not even a peep from them since it's been released, so I called today to find out what was up - the guy I talked to was not aware that the albums had come in and said they'd be shipping them out 'soon'. Amazing... maybe next time we go with that other site...

20. DJ WILBUR

why not cancel your order with music direct and get it from acoustic sounds. they have it in stock and can ship it out for you today. I see no reason why music direct would have even charged your card prior to shipping.

21. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Glad everyone is digging this. Getting this properly mastered was a labor of love on my part.

22. Song4U

Song4U Senior Member

Just wanted to add myself to this list of folks here that have ordered this new LP. I truly can't wait to get this and will submit my review after having some time with it. This Charlie Brown Soundtrack is one of my favorite Christmas music pieces each year with Carpenters-Christmas Portrait being #1.

I can't wait to see this in my own hands and get this on my turntable. :edthumbs: So are these numbered on the back cover? Cool.

23. ZIPGUN99

ZIPGUN99 Active Member

Mine is 0262. If anybody feels like they need to buy it, I think you should do it soon. I have a feeling this will be the fastest 45 album to sell out.

24. Jvalvano

Jvalvano Senior Member

Here's Gwen (3) holding Number 380! :goodie:

Attached Files:

rbichamp likes this.
  25. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

Priceless photo. :righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.