'A Charlie Brown Christmas' Vince Guaraldi Trio 45 RPM is here!!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by -Ben, Dec 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

I'm curious. Is there going to be only 500 copies of this pressed?

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

That's right.

3. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

The series is 1000 copies.

4. Steve Hoffman

Funny, I thought it was 500.

Are you SURE?

5. Ronflugelguy

Some of my 45's are in the 700's.

6. Jamie Tate

Jamie Tate New Member

7. Tim H.

Tim H. Forum Resident

Does that mean my copy (#528) is counterfeit? ;)

I've only been able to listen to the first record of the set, and I agree with what the poster earlier said about the bass coming through is amazing. Thanks for such a great job Steve!

I wish I could buy a ton more from the 45 rpm series.

8. Ronflugelguy

9. Steve Hoffman

Chad must have changed it. Hmm, I'm out of the loop. Well, that's good I guess. More copies available for people to buy.

10. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

i thought it was 1000, too.

btw, i ordered a copy of Sonny Rollins's Way Out West along with Charlie Brown Christmas last week. Way Out West was previously 'sold out' at Acoustic Sounds, and the copy i rec'd was unnumbered. same thing happened with Thelonious Monk and John Coltrane earlier this year. it, too, was 'sold out' for a time, and i rec'd an unnumbered copy. anyone else have this experience?

11. Steve Hoffman

Now I'm totally confused. Either they sold out or they didn't.

12. Ronflugelguy

Yeah, I think there were a few unnumbered copies left over. My copies of the first two Bill Evans titles and Cannonball's "Know What I Mean" are unnumbered. But who cares the way these 45's sound.:righton:

13. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

i don't care at all--i just want Relaxin' and Waltz for Debby made available again, too!! missed those the first time around.

:)

14. Steve Hoffman

OK, they pressed 500 before Christmas. The rest will be manufactured in 2007..

15. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member Thread Starter

IIRC, the original plan as stated by Chad at the start of the series was that the first 250 copies would be on reserve for subscription. A strict 1000 copies would be pressed.

Here's my take, and I'm just guessing.
    There are several possible answers for titles becoming available again after being sold out:

1. Acoustic Sounds is the distributor, it is possible for them to sell out and after a few months retailers may return unsold product, thus a few more become available.

2. Acoustic Sounds counts the number of defective returns and gets RTI to press a few more to make up so that the total sold is 1000. This would explain the un-numbered covers.

16. rhkwon

rhkwon Forum Resident

Well, I'm not takin' any chances. Made the plunge and ordered a copy. Can't wait!

17. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

I ordered as well..

18. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Mine is due Friday. Can't wait.

19. Thesmellofvinyl

Thesmellofvinyl Senior Member

From what's been written it's clear this vinyl beats the CDs by far. By how much does your needledrop beat the CDs?

20. Ronflugelguy

It appears that the first pressing run has sold out. It's back ordered on Acoustic Sounds Website. I knew this would happen before Xmas.A great 45!!!:righton:

21. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

I clearly prefer my needledrop to the newer remix cd (and I've felt no need to play the regular older cd as an A/B comparison as I know already what I'd prefer).

But as i dumped the bonus tracks onto my needledrop so its all one stop listening for a charlie brown christmas on one cd, if i gonna put on a cd.

interesting to adjust my ears to the more sterile and remixed newer stuff after 35 minutes of perfection, but the music is so special I put up with the latter discs mastering style. Why O why didn't they let Steve do the CD is a question I would love to get the answer to. Is no one over there listening to his 45s and realizing how amazing they are sounding? Steve, are you TOO EXPENSIVE for them? What's the deal?

22. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

It is? It shows as in stock when I see it. I ordered one last night..

23. AndrewS

AndrewS Senior Member

I ordered mine on the 13th, along with a copy of Fragile. It showed as "Hold to be weighed" until today when it switched to "Warehouse", but the shipping total is now shown . $40 for UPS expedited, youch! It's a shame they won't ship to Canada via USPS. So, presumably the order has been weighed, but I'm not sure why it lists as warehouse now. I guess it's obvious it won't be here before the holiday... :cry:

I had hoped with express shipping that they would've attempted to get it out ASAP, but I guess they're busy like all the other retailers at this time of year. Oh well, it'll get here when it gets here, and I know it'll sound great. :)

24. John Oteri

John Oteri New Member In Memoriam

You better save it for next Christmas.

25. Ronflugelguy

It shows in stock now, but earlier today it showed out of stock??????
    :confused:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.