Beatles Remasters - Announcement ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by adm62, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adm62

adm62 Senior Member Thread Starter

Deserves it's own thread ? Coming in Mojo next month.

[​IMG]

2. Stefan

Stefan Senior Member

Hmmm, I hope Steve and the Gorts have invested in new servers. If this ends up being the announcement many here are hoping for, the place is going to go ape ****!

But I wouldn't get overly excited. The size of the print and the way it's thrown in as a "plus..." secondary title suggests it'll be some interview with Macca focusing on the White album and then some vague answers to questions about Beatles remasters. Given Mojo`s style and history, a real announcement would definitely bump that revived Queen article/photo from the cover centerpiece!

3. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Is Mojo magazine a myth?

4. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Hmmm, wonder what the tracks are on that White Album recovered CD included in that issue of Mojo?

5. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

But it was said on here today that these would never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never never happen?

What happened? :p

6. BeatleJWOL

BeatleJWOL Carnival of Light enjoyer... IF I HAD ONE

Quoted here for posterity.

We shall see. No doubt our English members will be the first to inform us...?

7. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

that genius obviously knows nothing.

8. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

It will be sides 3 and 4..... and I hope it will be better than disc 1 from the September issue.

9. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

Here is what Mojo's site says:

THE BEATLES + PAUL McCARTNEY: The second part of our White Album extravaganza features another track-by-track breakdown, an in-depth look at the Manson Murders and an exclusive interview with one Paul McCartney. “We were rock ‘n’ roll!” he tells Mat Snow.

No mention of remasters. Not happening in that issue Gents! :unhunh:

10. adm62

Read the small print on the cover under the McCartney blurb. There was also mention of an "exclusive Beatles announcement" in this month's issue.

11. Quasimodo

Quasimodo Senior Member

what are these remasters you speak of?.......... 'Whaddya mean? It's great, it sold, it's the bloody Beatles' White Album! Shut up!"

12. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Hadn't seen the September issue. This sounds like the bonus CD could include a McCartney (or Ringo?) track, as the website states:

FREE CD!: THE WHITE ALBUM RECOVERED – DISC #2. The Beatles' 1968 masterpiece re-imagined by the likes of The Neil Cowley Trio, Sarabeth Tucek, Rachel Unthank & The Winterset, The Ruby Suns, My Brightest Diamond and Gemma Ray. PLUS! A bonus track from a very, very special guest indeed!

13. JayB

JayB Senior Member

What Beatles remasters??

I think I need to start a new thread on them..

14. adm62

Is Mojo the sort of magazine that would go overboard about remasters ahead of a planned story on the UK's other biggest band ? Queen on the cover is a huge selling point and covers are meant to sell the magazine.

Anyway, when's the issue out. Next week ?

15. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

False alarm number 3,289?

16. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

I seriously believe that whatever info they got out of McCartney was not enough to justify making it the main story, hence the small print and no mention on their web site. Who knows, maybe I will be proven wrong... ;)

17. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

As I stated on the other thread, the announcement will come from EMI-Apple, not Mojo or any other source.

18. BeatleJWOL

The "All Together Now" LOVE DVD isn't out yet.

That's probably it.

19. adm62

I can't imagine they would mention it without there being something concrete behind it and there is going to be a "Beatles announcement" in this issue.

20. BeatleJWOL

I can. It's called selling copy.

Still, we'll see. I'll be happy to be proven wrong.

21. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

:agree:

22. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

the magazines aren't sealed. you can flip through it and get your info without buying it. if there is no info, don't buy it. mojo doesn't win anything with false alarms.

..sigh.. and people wonder why Beatles threads are so long.

23. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Aww lighten up..;)

24. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

The Region 0 NTSC Shea is according to eil.com.

P.s not everyone here is a gent although there definitely are some gentlemen here. :shh:

25. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

I'm not getting my hopes up here like the other 1,000 times...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.