Beatles Remasters - Announcement ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by adm62, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dave D

Dave D Done!

:confused:
    How can you just post this stuff willy nilly like this? No one knows a thing yet!

2. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

"think" :wave:

3. marigoldilemma

marigoldilemma Forum Resident

'enry the 'orse, any word on whether "loaded" includes the 27-minute version of HS? Yes, I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one.

sallymae, does your post refer only to the White Album?

I *hope* they stagger the releases. I can't drop hundreds on the entire catalogue. It would be nice to get one per month or something. Of course, it doesn't really matter if they don't stagger them, I can just stagger my own purchasing of them.

4. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Crystal ball?:rolleyes::shrug:

5. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

That certainly hasn't stopped anyone before!

6. Robert Lan

Robert Lan Forum Resident

:)

7. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Hey, it"s the weekend what ever happend to fun fun fun ..do you think my prices are exhorbitant ? :D

8. jbg

jbg Senior Member

So what! Let the guy have some fun:) Who knows.... he may be right!

9. Robert Lan

Robert Lan Forum Resident

Yet, the reported claim from the new MOJO issue—assuming it is true—muscles our hope.

Again, I'd be personally happy with a remastered 2-disc stereo version.

Re-mixed ? Why not ? We already have Help ! and Rubber Soul.

The originals are still available, and chances are those who don't already know won't care anyway.

Robert

10. Yes.

11. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

Do you recall EMI's edict last Fall? That future archival releases had to offer more than simple remasters? I think this is exactly what we're getting. New stereo mixes makes sense. The original mixes are still available, so offer something new. Having 5.1 remixes allows for more creativity and can be issued in hi-rez. Also, the mono mixes have never been issued on CD, so making them available will be fantastic. Adding bonus material, whether they be outtakes, demos or promos just adds more bang for the buck, exactly what EMI wants. Ron

12. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

So where's the official announcement? :confused:

13. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Calling Jon Urban :wave:

14. Dave D

Dave D Done!

Jon only knows what he read at QQ. He knows nothing about it more than that.

15. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

This is very close to what I've been told (each of their albums will include the ORIGINAL Mono mix and a NEW Stereo mix. Deluxe Editions will include 5.1 mixes and special enlarged, hardbound book versions of the CD booklets).

:goodie:

16. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

There's still 3 weeks left in summer.

17. Dave D

Dave D Done!

If they're gunning for a November release, then Sept/Oct gives them plenty of time for promotion.

18. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

The Official announcement won't be forthcoming until 4-6 weeks before release, unless the all details are leaked and they feel compelled to start the marketing early. John you know how Apple operates. I'm a bit surprised so many details are leaking out (the upcoming Mojo will only touch upon them). Ron

19. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

Yeah , there's no need to get people goosed up in August for something released in November ( if that's the plan).
    You want it fresh in people's memory. Obviously the people HERE will remember, but "Joe Public" who may buy one for his dad for Christmas and isn't a Beatles nut needs to know when he is about to go shopping for dad for Christmas , and "Joe" doesn't Christmas shop in August, for something not released yet :)

20. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

my heart's a-thumpin' :goodie::goodie::goodie:

so, what is your financial threshold for something like this? Anything up to $50 for a special edition White Album is a slam-dunk for me (considering the WA is a 2-disc set and will necessarily be more expensive), with the single disc releases up to $30 is fine for me.

21. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

sounds very promising!
    if ever there was an album worth buying a super-deluxe version of.....well you know

22. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

Hahaha...I doubt you'll pay more than $18.99 for a single disc. The Deluxe will most likely be in the $40 range. Maybe double (or close to) for the "White Album" Deluxe.

:cool:

23. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Well that sure answers everything. :rolleyes:

Don't get me wrong I'm all for remasters providing they're an improvement over existing CD's but we've heard enough rumors about these to last another 20 years.

24. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

If they remix the stereo stuff, I hope they do it in the analog realm. Digital remixes just don't sounds all that great, and the temptation to "fix" things is too great. Maybe they'll actually get the remix of Eleanor Rigby correct this time. On Yellow Sub, the remix has the vocals slightly out of sync, and on Love, one of the string parts is slightly off. Remixing the stereo stuff scares me! The track record of Beatles releases that have remixes shows me that not enough attention was paid when it was done, and that maybe the engineers don't know enough about the original mixes to make new ones sound nice. I'm glad I have vinyl sources for the original stereo mixes of this stuff. I'm hoping they get this right if in fact the non-inclusion of the stereo mixes is true if in fact we really are getting remasters. I'll believe it when I have one in my hand.

Frank R.

25. autumn daze

autumn daze I really don't belong here

If all this talk about deluxe editions is correct, I will be a happy man. I'm one of those who would like to see mono mixes included, not really for me, but because I know how much the general Beatles fan on here wants them. But I also wanted new stereo mixes. We have original mixes on vinyl and certain CD releases and i would love to hear The Beatles in a new way.

I'm so excited over a rumour!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.