Beatles Remasters - Announcement ?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by adm62, Aug 28, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simon A

Simon A Arrr!

;)

2. Oliver

Oliver Bourbon Infused

Yes!It is obvious that if it is in small print than it is no big deal-

Mojo is a magazine-magazines try to sell issues-these issues try to sell subscription's.

Don't you think a "true" big announcement would be plastered all over the magazine so people would ....buy it? Of course it would.

This Mojo issue is directly geared towards some members on this forum who will buy ANYTHING with the hint of "hope" for Beatles remasters.

Brilliant Marketing!

3. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

What if Paul hasn't been interviewed yet AND what if the Remasters are officially announced before the magazine is released and Paul answers a few questions about them?

:agree:

4. Bill

Bill Senior Member

At the end of part 1 of the White Album feature in the September 2008, Mojo, it noted what next month's part 2 would include, closing with the five magic words: "and some exclusive Beatles news." I assumed it was about the remasters, given the upcoming holiday season. That little blurb on the cover of the new issue would seem to confirm that. Could just be a repeat of Paul and Ringo's off-the-cuff remarks during Larry King's probing interview of them in connection with the Love show that the remasters were coming and the music will sparkle. Or, it could be a bandwidth meltdown for our host.
    We'll soon see.

5. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Well then they deserve what they get, because again, people need not buy a magazine to read its contents. If I saw that cover, flipped through it and found no info, back on the shelf it goes.

6. RockyRaccoon

RockyRaccoon Forum Resident

I'm hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. It's hard to get excited for these things when they've cried wolf so many times before.

7. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

I can just imagine Paul's quote being something on the order of "We've resolved everything with Apple and the remasters will be out soon."

8. JQW

JQW Forum Resident

The magazine will have gone to press by now.

9. floyd

floyd Senior Member

Would Beatles remasters really be big headline stuff for MOJO? I mean unless there was more unreleased outtakes or 5.1 mixes in the line of deluxe editions I doubt that the remastering of the Beatles catalog would not be a big deal to most.

Don't get me wrong I would be excited and hope for the best outcome in sound quality and we know how much attention it would get here but most people (even those who love the Beatles) would not give it that much attention.

10. When it makes the cover of Record Collector then I'll believe it. Until then, I feel sorry for all the newsagencies who will have their copies of Mojo dog-eared by Beatles fans flipping through to see the aanouncement and then putting it back.

11. PhilCohen

PhilCohen Forum Resident

After 21 years of marketing substandard product, Apple Corps won't give the fans a break. sad.

12. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

I really don't think Mojo would make as big a deal about the remasters as this forum if they were going to make an announcement. I think that note in small print on the banner is as far as they would go. I mean take any group or artist that has had they're catalog remastered in the past few years, like Dylan or the Rolling Stones, and tell me if they made a big deal about it.

13. Bowie Fett

Bowie Fett Forum Resident

At times, a magazine will save space for an interview and include the piece moments before finalizing the mag for press. Deadline journalism of the 21st Century.

14. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Funny thing is that if you google the phrase "beatles remasters" or "beatles remastered cd's" all you will get back is a bunch of links to some obscure site called The Steve Hoffman Forum.

15. Dave D

Dave D Done!

That I am sure is the extent of it. In a little box coloured differently from the rest of the story.

16. PBo

PBo Forum Resident

:laugh:

17. Andreas

Andreas Senior Member

Who cares about Beatles remasters outside of this forum?

18. rene smalldridge

rene smalldridge Senior Member

Paul is probably gonna announce the upcoming release of Let It Be - Partially Dressed.

19. Dave D

Dave D Done!

A guy I know.....that's about it.

20. Henry the Horse

Henry the Horse Active Member

Probably more people than you think. Not every music maniac knows about this site. I know that I didn't until last year.

21. Colocally

Colocally One Of The New Wave Boys

Abbey Road - resurfaced. :sigh::sigh:

Sergeant Pepper - Demobbed.

Rubber Soul - recobbled

The White Album - Now even whiter, with active stain guard.

OK I will stop now. :sigh:

22. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

23. If this is true and they'll get released, threads like this one will soon get replaced with threads where people are complaining about the horrible sound, saying the original CDs were so much better.

24. brainwashed

brainwashed Forum Hall Of Fame

C'mon gang.... the Mojo interview with McCartney will not go into any depth whatsoever. It's a probable tease for the upcoming downloads and CDs, any specific comments will undoubtedly be guarded, but surely it signals something? Yoko also commented about buying herself a few copies of the new White Abum... seems likely something is happening. At this point does it matter if it's November 2008 or January 2009? I still don't get why people take this sooo personally. Comments like waiting 21 years and all... it's foolish. If this was the 3rd remastering project, Apple would be slammed for being money-hungry. So the wait was longer than necessary. Who cares? If they are done well, everyone will be happy. If not, keep searching for mint LPs and quality needledrops.

Let's be honest, the official CDs are not horrible, not great mind you, but not as bad as some like to think. We also have gotten 8 CDs of unreleased performances, a nice remix album, and a few other projects in the intervening 21years. Including, the amazing Anthology mini series and subsequent DVD boxset. It could have been much much worse for Beatles fans. Would I like all the promos and Let It Be on DVD, every mono and stereo mix and every damn session tape made available? YES! But I take what I can get. It's also true these CDs have sold more, far more, than any other pop band catalog from the era. Sadly, most people don't care about the sound at all, but they do buy Beatles product in droves. Fans WILL buy new product too. Especially remastered, more bang for the buck, product. This marketing strategy works! Ron

25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

obviously many...The Anthology series sold in the millions, yes? :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.