ALICE COOPER "Love It To Death", join us for GOLD CD mastering. Artwork, restored?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

The day hasn't been scheduled yet but sometime this or next month Kevin Gray and I will be mastering the upcoming AF Gold CD version of "Love It To Death" over at AcousTech Mastering in Camarillo, CA. This Gold CD won't be released until next year but we have the masters at the studio this month. From time to time we open a session to a few select folks to come and see what we do. This will be a fun session, not too much pressure and a great album to work on as well. There are not many people in the world that can truly say "Well, I've heard the master tapes" and you could be one of them.:)

We have room for four people only. If you think you would be interested in something like this, please let the Webmaster know. Sorry to be so vague about the actual date but that's how it is for the moment so be flexible (probably a Tuesday).

Don't forget, while at AcousTech I'll give you a tour of the RTI record pressing plant. It's pretty trippy.

Photos will be allowed so bring your cameras. Remember, we have room for four souls only.. Lunch included, dive of my choice...

We will need your full address, email address, telephone number, etc. Contact through the webmaster..

2. mattright

mattright Forum Resident

Hi Steve. I would definitely be interested in peeking behind the curtain.

3. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Wish I lived closer to the west coast but it looks like another Houtonian could be going. Go for it.

4. 926am

926am Senior Member

I don't think there will be much interest in this at all.:D

5. nightenrock

nightenrock Forum Resident

Man, I'd love too. But there's no way I'll be out there until November and then I'll be working. Oh well. Can't wait to hear the finished product! You're a hell of a guy for opening up like this, Steve.

6. hamishd91

hamishd91 Forum Resident

Would love to, but I'm halfway around the world. Some detailed reports would be just as cool.

7. ifyouever

ifyouever Forum Resident

Hey Steve,

Would love to experience this. My schedule's pretty flexible over the next couple weeks.

Please let me know...

8. ringosshed

ringosshed Forum Resident

I'm in San Diego and I'd love to go!!

9. Halloween_Jack

Halloween_Jack Senior Member

Damn wish I wasn't stuck in the UK, and off work with ill health so I couldn't afford to get over anyhow - ARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!

On the plus side I cannot WAIT to hear the results of this mastering session :righton:

10. Meddle_Guy

Meddle_Guy Forum Resident

Damn I wish I still lived in SoCal!!!!!!

11. xman

xman Active Member

Steve, I would love to attend. I would only need a day or so notice to let the good folks at work know.

12. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

It's really hard to set up a date when we don't know when the actual day will be. I can easily drive out there in a few hours.

13. musicmax

musicmax New Member

WEBCAM!

14. Now your talkin', great idea ... :D

Love this little interactive approach, very cool.

There will be a lot of affirmatives within the approximate or reachable vicinity.

Curious about the end choice structure, will it be a random draw?

15. OE3

OE3 Senior Member

Steve, I'm free next month and would love to be there. Will make contact.

16. Fortune

Fortune Senior Member

I'll go too. But I've been there before, so I'll defer to anyone who hasn't already gone.

17. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

There is a chartered flight leaving from Toronto's Pearson airport the evening before this mastering session.

However. it's not going anywhere near California. :mad:

Wishful thinking! Man, maybe one day!!! ARRRRGH!

18. jfp11801

jfp11801 Forum Resident

email sent, fingers crossed

19. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Is Alice gonna be there? haha.

20. pencilchewer

pencilchewer Active Member

man, i wish...

21. Gang Twanger

Gang Twanger New Member

Well, I'm one bummin' east-coaster! Would so love to, but October is a complete wash for me. Way too-many things happening this next month (including a possible court date for the ticket that the CT state cop so generously-gave me - right before he had my car towed! Fargin' bastitch!). I'll be thinkin' of you lucky four when that day comes though. I'm sure it will be a blast for everybody (except for Steve and Kevin - "Love It To Death" needs some SERIOUS work - And I thought the early Genesis stuff was rough! Steve and Kevin certainly have their work cut out for them).

22. Veech

Veech Space In Sounds

Pros: 1) Love It To Death is by far my favorite Coop album, ..those harmony vocals! 2) It's a quick drive across the SF Valley floor for me.

Cons: 1) 1 in 3 chance work would derail any plans. 2) I would feel stupid/intimidated and I am afraid I wouldn't have anything worthy to add to any conversation.

Still, even just to gawk like a goober -- and a chance to ask Steve one question :shh: -- I'm debating...

23. ognir rrats

ognir rrats Forum Resident

I hope I am lucky enough to get picked to go! Fingers crossed...

24. ledsox

ledsox Senior Member

It would be a pleasure and an honor. I'd love to attend.

25. The Master

The Master Forum Resident

I've always wanted to see how an album gets mastered.

--The Master

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.