ALICE COOPER "Love It To Death", join us for GOLD CD mastering. Artwork, restored?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, Sep 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'd love to attend, but I've already been there a couple of times, so I'll pass this time, so someone else can enjoy the experience. It's a great time, and I encourage anyone who can make it, to just do it!

2. Any chance of you remastering Love It To Death in Toronto Steve? Ok, I understand, not possible. What about the next one? You might like our winters and we don't have earthquakes like you guys do. We have no valleys and we do have a transit system.

Those quakes can wreak havoc on your reel to reel machine azimuth, let me tell you. Toronto's got some fine studio's just ask Elton John who recorded Blue Moves here or I think some of the Nimbus 9, ie Guess Who stuff was done here. Did I say we don't have quakes affecting tape machine azimuth? Elvis Costello recorded his great Live At The Elmocombo here. Ever see a drunk tape operator during a quake? You won't here. Ha! Seriously I would love to go but can't make it. Is it possible you could video tape some of the proceedings?

Alice Cooper: Vincent "Alice Cooper" Furnier (vocals); Glen Buxton (guitar); Michael Bruce (guitar, keyboards); Dennis Dunaway (bass); Neal Smith (drums). Additional personnel: "Toronto Bob" (piano, organ).

By the way, notice Bob Ezrin (from Toronto) also known as Toronto Bob-so there is a connection here. I understand Love It To Death was originally recorded in Chicago-too windy-could throw off that tape machine azimuth... kidding.

Ofcourse, Audio Fidelity will use the original cover for this one right?

[​IMG]

3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

You mean you work in the morning and then go to lunch? Is this the music industry? I am impressed.

4. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I was wondering this also.?.?

5. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

All excellent points! A lot cheaper than renting a jet.... and don't forget earthquakes can affect tape machine azimuth! :eek: It's safer here in Toronto... :)

6. SteveSDCA

SteveSDCA Senior Member

Please count me in.

7. Paul K

Paul K Senior Member

If it's somewhere near the end of October...I will be in L.A. between Oct 25'th and Oct 31'st...
    Would love to see it happen.

8. RemarkablyInsincere

RemarkablyInsincere Active Member

Would love to witness this, but I'm in Pittsburgh :(

Someone please take some cool pics.

9. Emilio

Emilio Senior Member

Of course I can't go, but this is a great idea and I hope you guys will give as a full report afterwards, including pictures.

10. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Great! I hope you will offer that in the future too...

11. ericc2000

ericc2000 Forum Resident

Man, I sure hope so. I would love to come out there, but there's no way I would be able to make it.

12. calabashak

calabashak Member

I'm up for this. I live about a 20 minute drive from Camarillo and have a flexible schedule.

13. filper

filper Forum Resident

I'm "caught in a dream", but also The Great White North.

Best of luck to you all. :righton:

What a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity for four lucky folks.

14. mknappe

mknappe Well-Known Member

Uhh...Air Canada and other airlines fly daily between SoCal and Toronto, why chartered flights?

15. How cool is that, shame I'm on the other side of the Atlantic right now.

16. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

You don't think we can round up 200 people who'd like to go? :confused:

I was just joking with that post, of course.... :)

17. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

litd

Hi Steve,

I invite you to come over to the Netherlands to my place in Maastricht.
    Maybe you can do the remastering at my place:cheers:

See you soon !! :edthumbs:

18. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Maastricht, wonderful place, a really old town way down in Holland near the Belgian border. Friendly people. Saint Janskerk church or was that in Valkenberg? Markt Square and the ancient Stadhuis (sp?) I remember well. Is this where the Dutch still have the Nazi Tank stoppers still in place or am I thinking of another town? I remember the train station was pretty. I fell asleep in the waiting room trying to get a non-stop to Dusseldorf. I heard the locals speaking German and a weird accented French as well as Dutch and English. My friend tried to order an Iced Tea and was the laughing stock of the Bistro. They had never heard of such a drink before. I finally made them understand in my best high school French how to do it since English didn't seem to work. Happened all over the country ("You want Ice-Cubed Tea, why?")

I guess Iced Tea is strictly a North American drink.:)

Someday I'll return. I always feel relaxed and at home in the Netherlands.

Back to Alice Cooper, sorry for the threadcrap.

19. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

I think we have our four people to join us for mastering ALICE COOPER. Someone inevitably falls out so contact the Webmaster and they will put you as a backup.

When I get back from Denver I'll get a firm date...

20. vinyl diehard

vinyl diehard Two-Channel Forever

Fabulous offer! Congrats to whoever wins this chance in a lifetime. Too far for me to travel with my work schedule. Some pics posted here would be great for us though to view.

Regards!:cheers:

21. RemarkablyInsincere

RemarkablyInsincere Active Member

And Steve, don't forget there are more than a few other Cooper albums that need your midas touch after LITD!

22. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

me 2 !
    This is one of my all time favorite albums.:righton:

ahhh...missed it :sigh:

23. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

No thanks. Getting rejected once was plenty. :laugh:

24. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Contact the Webmaster (use the "Contact us" form at the bottom of almost any page) and you can get on the back up list.

If you're not one of the four, you're probably on the back up list. :)

25. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

This is tempting.

I lost my job so I have the time though I should be watching my money right now.

But, my wife works for an airline. I can probably get down there and back for under $100.

All I need is a cheap hotel.

Hmmmm..... will talk to the boss tonight, maybe join the back-up list.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.