Burn Notice - What a show.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

We love spy shows. There was Man from UNCLE, GET SMART, JAMES BOND FILMS, SECRET AGENT - to name few.

Burn Notice seems to have caught on. An odd mix of several old shows and/or concepts. The Equalizer, McGyver, Uncle, Bond all are in the mix. The crazy girlfriend Feyona - doesn't she have a nice smile? I love Sam - great character, and Michael. The insights we get about the world of the secret agent from the nararation are key to enjoying this show. The show is comedic, and yet not comedy. It's paced well, and the burn notice is touched on each and every week. I wonder if they will be able to keep up the quality on this.

2. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Geez, I don't even know what you're talking about.

Is this a network show or what?

3. Guss2

Guss2 Senior Member

It's on USA Network,but I've only seen the commercials for it.Gary.

4. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

I like it. It fits the USA Network "Characters Welcome" theme well like Psych and Monk.

...I moved the thread to Visual Arts.

5. white wolf

white wolf Forum Resident Thread Starter

It's a new show on USA and apparently has been doing very well for USA. It won't be on for the next two weeks due to the US open -

And Craig - THANK YOU for moving it- I met to post it here, and must have put it on the wrong board by mistake.

6. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Any show with Bruce Campbell can't be bad...

I really enjoy it... Great beach scenes of Miami in every show. Great looking girlfriend in Gabrielle Anwar.

Very good show. I also hope they can keep up the quality...

7. shane

shane Active Member

I've been watching this one since the beginning and I love it. It has a great mix of techy, spy, geek stuff, and comedy. I think Jeffery Donovan is great as the lead and Gabrielle Anwar is hot. It seems like the mother is out of the show as she hasn't been in the last few episodes.

Shane

8. Lazlo Nibble

Lazlo Nibble Forum Resident

They need to do more crosspromotion on other networks, because this show sounds right up my alley (Bruce Campbell! Woo woo!) and I've never even heard of it -- probably because I don't watch anything on USA.

9. R. Cat Conrad

R. Cat Conrad Almost Famous

Outstanding series; my wife & I were clued in early and fortunately have caught every episode. Burn Notice is also a definite prospect for our DVD collection as the show has repeat viewing value. :righton:

:cheers:
    Cat

10. Frank G

Frank G Forum Resident

I've watched it from the first and agree with R.Cat. Outstanding. On a side note, I wonder if comments here by those who have no clue mirror the problem with music--- too much music, too little time could possibly be altered to read too much media, too little time. Burn Notice is one of a solid handful of accessible cable programs (meaning not on premium channels) which, though seemingly successful, have not broken the Top 20 in terms of audience, the public preferring to wade through network reruns.

Still, Burn Notice got my notice. Good writing & character development, at times great editing (it can make or break a show, my friends) and plots which haven't even begun to get old yet (the networks have had hits which repeated the same plots each and every program--- it's maddening). I'll be following it as long as it's on the air. (Er, on cable, I meant to say)

Frank G

11. fergojisan

fergojisan Atari 2600 Gadabout

My wife and I latched on to this show because of Jeffrey Donovan and Bruce Campbell. Donovan was great in Touching Evil (also on USA), and Bruce Campbell is great anywhere. Extremely entertaining show, my wife and I thoroughly enjoy it.

12. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Great show, my wife and I watch it every week. It's very clever and the narration makes it even more fun. Good acting, good stories, and good characters.

13. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

When I first started watching it this season - missed the first season - it appeared to have a bit of The A-Team mixed in too. Since they were helping others out of bad situations, I began to wonder how they were contacted since they appear to be somewhat "underground". The link to The Equalizer was another one I thought of too.

14. When I first started watching it here in Oz I thought it was just a B show filling in between seasons. I soon got hooked so and it has become a regular for me.

15. michael w

michael w New Member

Great show.
    Here in NZ it was pulled after only five episodes into season two.

Replaced by CSI Miami

WTF ?!?

And what on earth did Gabrielle Anwar do to her face ?

Edit;
    Just found this online
    It will probably return in some graveyard timeslot.

:shake:

16. Rat44

Rat44 Forum Resident

I have been watching also.
    I usually don't care for 'spy/cop' shows but I like this one.
    Hope they continue it,TV needs some variety.

17. I don't care as long as they will still show it - I can always record it for later viewing.

18. Tom in Houston

Tom in Houston Forum Resident

I watched this show in the beginning as well. Then my schedule became too busy to watch it weekly, so I began to fill my DVR with it. Since it builds on itself week to week, finishing each mini-season with a major event, I felt I had to view the segments in order.

Finally I just flushed it from my DVR and gave up.

Now I watch it occasionally all the while wondering what key changes I've missed.

Monk has never been progressively dependent on previous shows. In promotion, Psych never teases with anything more important than the identity of the actress playing the main character's mother.

I think Pushing Daisies has fallen victim to this same thing. I know I have all the latest season stacked up on my DVR. Guess I'll flush it too and buy the DVD set if I'm still interested when it hits the shelves.

19. Looks to me like she lost too much weight. She's really skinny now. She never was a great actress, but she seems to fit this role well. Good show, but I wonder where they go from here now that Michael knows who burned him.

20. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Well, they (Frasers dad) are not going to protect him anymore, so a lot of old enemies are going to come after him. At least, that's what I got out of the last episode..

21. brew ziggins

brew ziggins Forum Prisoner

While it's pretty lightweight, Burn Notice is probably my favorite show currently airing. I think they have one of Robert Ludlums ghostwriters on staff - they can peel away onion layers of treacher indefinitely. I just wish they spent more time on the 'real' story and less on 'he victim of the week' distractions.

22. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Great show!

23. KLM

KLM Senior Member

I've been enjoying this show as well. I like the Sam character as well as the femme fatale isn't bad either. Certainly not a deep show but some fun popcorn.

24. fabtrick

fabtrick New Member

As you can see from my signature, I LURVE this shew!

25. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Probably my fav. tv show at the moment.... I'm sure it's farfetced but hot women, sunshine, guns, explosions, beach scenes, what more could you ask for...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.