Burn Notice - What a show.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by white wolf, Aug 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Can't wait for tonight's episode. Love the beach shots of Miami....

2. rockclassics

rockclassics Senior Member

Great episode tonight. The mystery man in the black suit and red shirt was great. Kind of reminded me of some of the old Clint Eastwood westerns and the man with no name.

3. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I agree it was fantastic, "old school" Burn Notice, although I felt bad for Sam at the beginning of the episode.

4. rockclassics

But at the end when he found out his ex had left the other guy, he didn't feel so bad then.

Looking forward to tonight's episode.

5. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

That's the first time I've seen this show. It was mostly enjoyable, not trying to be too smart, but still pretty quirky (the snap the fingers thing), kind of weird with the voice over on the techical aspects of bomb making, slightly silly with a gangbanger who distributed medicines to the flock. But watchable.

6. Jay F

Jay F New Member

Too much shooting. I liked it at first, but the last episode I saw, about a month ago, was nothing but shooting. I like violence as much as the next guy, but all this shooting is boring.

7. tommy-thewho

I thought last week's episode was very good. Glad to see them reveal more of Sam's character.

8. nukevor

nukevor Active Member

Never watch the show. Though I want to. Too busy with other stuff. Anything with Bruce Campbell in it I'll watch!

9. rockclassics

A few minutes away from another new episode tonight.

10. CellPhoneFred

CellPhoneFred New Member

What is 'Burn Notice'?

11. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Ha! I've never seen the show, but that SNL skit was funny. I particularly liked where they showed the preview for the show, and it was just women in swimsuits and dudes in sunglasses.

12. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

13. rockclassics

Thanks for the link - I had not seen this. Semi-funny, but like a lot of skits they were beating a dead horse about halfway through it.

14. rockclassics

Who saw last night's episode - 2/18/10?

I like the way when Sam was posing as the CSI guy, he tilts his head, puts on his shades, and his face is in a yellowish light and a red-ish background. It happened in two different scenes - you have to watch closely to catch them. Funny stuff.

15. tommy-thewho

I saw it... Sam is very underated.... Great scene....

16. It was but it was funnier when "Supernatural" parodied the same scene.

17. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

:righton:

18. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

I loved it, Bruce Campbell is the man! :D

19. rockclassics

Pretty decent episode last night - 2/25/10.

The previews for next week's season finale looked pretty good too.

20. tommy-thewho

Great ending last night. Didn't see that one coming at all....

Can't wait for the finale also...

21. ziggysane

ziggysane Forum Resident

Can we discuss spoilers here? I want to discuss the last episode in less than vague terms, particularly the ending.

22. rockclassics

I don't see why not. However, we should probably disclose that a post contains spoilers. Personally, I tend to wait to discuss the ending of this show until at least the following Saturday evening since USA usually reruns the prior week's episode sometime during the day on Saturday. At that point, I assume anyone who wanted to see it has had a couple of chances to do so.

So what do you want to discuss about this week's ending? The end of the kidnap portion or the overall continuing story line about the "break out".

23. ziggysane

ziggysane Forum Resident

SPOILER ALERT

Mostly the ending. I didn't see that coming. I thought that Gilroy was going to be this season's version of Carla, and that he'd be a big part of the next episode. Also, I like Chris Vance as an actor the more I see of him. I was surprised how he managed to make Gilroy's death almost sympathetic in those final moments before the car blew up. Up to this point he's been perfect (IMO) as a guy who can act cheeky while casually talking about killing an underling for failure (Klaus, the guy with a broken ankle), which impressed me because I only knew him as the selfless doctor from Mental up to now.

Also, a couple episodes ago, I think that it would have made more sense plot-wise for Michael to have killed Larry by the episode's end, if not in the first five minutes. I know they want to keep him alive because he's a formidable nemesis and good fodder for at least 1 episode per season, but it makes no sense for Michael to leave him alive knowing that he's a stone psycho who has a love/hate grudge against him.

24. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

I liked the ending, too, although I always had a hard time taking the Scarlett Pimpernel-style foppish accent affected by Vance as Gilroy seriously. It was a good twist when in the last moment he demonstrated what looked like a genuine concern for Michael.

I also agree that they have pushed the Larry character a bit too far to make his continued survival a reasonable proposition.

25. tommy-thewho

Very good season ending episode last night. I thought his mother did a great acting job also. Hard to say what's going to happen next.... They really left it up in the air...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.