Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary Special Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Warchild, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pichon64

pichon64 Forum Resident

I heard you! I HEARD YOU! :shh::shh::shh:

2. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

3. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

I've been in Wales 2 times. Next January & February will be the third. Beautiful places and beautiful people there. I specially loved St Fagans :wave:

My sister is now living in Cardiff with my Brother-in-law :agree:

4. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

:righton:

5. Jim N.

Jim N. 2024 is 1968 sans the great music

After hesitating because of the price of the set and getting stuck with the vinyl, I finally ordered it from Import CD's. I realized that I have spent nearly that much on some OOP CD's. I can find a way to properly dispose of the vinyl.

This album is a favorite and I really like what Steven Wilson has done for the KC catalog so I figured I would just cut back on other music purchases and enjoy this one.

6. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Why not keep the record? Save it for a rainy day.

7. jsayers

I really don't want the lp either, but you never know - someday I may get a turntable and start playing records again. Also I might decide to sell the box someday for whatever unknown reason and having the vinyl missing would certainly hurt the resale value and decrease the "collectibility" of the set.

I find it hard to believe that they won't issue the surround/dvd/b-ray discs seperately down the road sometime. Naturally they aren't saying that now or it would hurt sales for this box, as evidenced by the comments here.
    Same goes for the the Pink Floyd DSOTM box - there's a lot of sales potential in these mixes they worked so hard on and they'd have to be nuts not to take advantage of the $$$ they would rake in if released seperately at a more moderate price point.

8. SteelyNJ

SteelyNJ Forum Resident

Has anybody compared the new stereo mix to the excellent DCC Gold CD?

9. JRF

JRF Forum Resident

I've said the same thing many times, then end up buying even more music:D

10. Heads up to anyone who ordered from Importcds.com. I did not receive a notice that my product (Aqualung), had shipped, so I gave them a call in the afternoon to check on the status of my order? The woman who I spoke with, informed me that they shipped out all the stock they received, so if you didn't get an email notice by today (10-31-2011) to confirm your order had shipped, then your order will most likely not be filled for another 3 weeks, or more. I asked her if the company was going to inform those whose orders were not filled with the first shipment, that we were being placed on backorder?, and her reply was, "no".

11. Schmeig

Schmeig Forum Resident

:sigh: No e-mail for me. Their listing shows the release date as November 1 so I guess I'll wait until tomorrow before I start worrying.

12. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

This is disappointing news. I think it is very disingenuous for Importcds.com not to inform its customers regarding this set being backordered. Since it is a supposedly limited set, I am left to wonder if they will ever get it back in stock and if that situation arises, how long will it take them to refund those who preordered the set :sigh:?

13. I didn't want to take any chances, so I cancelled my order, and went with Amazon. I paid about $18 more, but at least I am assured of getting this set, and it's already in transit for delivery to my house on 11-1-2011 (I did the trial period for Prime Amazon, and got next day shipping for $3.99).

I have to admit, I didn't like that Importcds.com charged my credit card immediately on a pre-order, as opposed to most online retailers I do business with, who don't charge until the item ships. With Importcds.com, my money was already tied up, and had I stuck with my order (according to the woman I spoke with), it would have been tied up for another 3 weeks (or more). I highly recommend anyone who hasn't received an email from them in regards to your order shipping, to give them a call ASAP, and find out exactely, the status of your order.

14. Claus

Claus Senior Member

The remix (CD) is better :righton:

Better balance of the instruments and a little more bass. The original mix is too bass-shy. The DCC is still a good remaster, but the better one is the 40th Anniversary remix. The Steve Wilson mix is one of the best remixes (incl. the MC mix) I've ever heard.

15. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Wow. So a good remix and well mastered. That's good news.

16. therockman

So, according to Claus the remaster by Peter Mew is better than the infamous DCC gold CD mastered by our host. Wow, this is news. :winkgrin:

17. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I have talked about the remix!!! If the DCC is very good... the remix is outstanding. You should hear the Blu-ray.... after you won't listen to the DCC again!

18. therockman

Although I own the Blu Ray, I can't listen to the stereo until Thursday and the 5.1 Friday. :wave:

19. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I cannot wait to hear the remix of this, hopefully I will have time this weekend.

20. spice9

spice9 Senior Member

Check your dictionary for 'infamous'...

21. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Wow. Who would have thought on this board that a Mew remaster would be compared favourably to one mastered by our host ... :eek:

This is an area we call The Twilight Zone.

22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Apples / oranges?

23. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

I don't mind waiting for it if I can get the set for $73 but if they don't fill my order I am going to be mega pissed. I just sent them an email inquiring the status.

24. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

WOW & cool!

Thank God for the positive reviews. :winkgrin:

25. jsayers

Told ya. I had a funny feeling about this after I found out Importcds.com was in fact Deep Discount Dvd. Tap your credit card immediately, then a waiting game for your goods to ship, if at all. Crap! :sigh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.