Jethro Tull - Aqualung 40th Anniversary Special Edition

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Warchild, May 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

An album that badly needed a remix - this is one I'm really interested to hear. The 2CD version is now on the way. Comparing a SH remaster of the original mix vs a Peter Mew mastering of a remix is apples and oranges, as has been suggested.

2. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

According to thier site I havent been charged yet and it doesnt say that it is backordered either. I will wait and see.

3. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

It's the remix that is being compared favorably.

There is no old-fashioned remaster on this set as the original mix has been transfered flat (i.e. without mastering modifications on the sound of the original tape).

4. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

I still feel the comparison is interesting because the DCC was the best digital version we had until now.
    So we can compare the merits of the remix against thevery best representation of the original mix.

5. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I paid via Paypal and of course that was immediate payment. My account on the site says "not yet shipped".

6. aoxomoxoa

I had a funny feeling so I didnt use paypal. Anytime I preorder from a site using paypal they hit you right away. I can't telll yet if my card was hit but I should have answers to all of my questions in a few days.

7. ponkine

ponkine Senior Member

8. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

I had this preordered from Amazon since it was first available and now the UPS truck has it out for delivery. I just hope that Amazon put more then one of those little pillows in the box. Their packing always makes me nervous and I never order vinyl from them. Since the record is in the box and if the box survives then it should be OK. For several years the Classic Records 200g pressing has been go to Aqualung so I'm really looking forward to hearing the album remix. The Blu-ray 5.1 will be my second listen.

9. LordThanos1969

LordThanos1969 Forum Resident

I also cancelled my order, as I now see the importcds site is showing out of stock. I went back to Amazon.

10. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

My Amazon order is on it's way. :goodie: My favorite remains my very first UK pressing but if ever there was an ablum that needed a remix this is it.

11. mark renard

mark renard Senior Member

Amazon is about $40 more, right? Do we know for sure that ImportCDs is not getting more in at this point?

12. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

<
    <
    <
    To be thick as a brick...to be continued next year. 2012, fingers crossed.

Very superstitious, writing's on the :shh: brick wall.

Remember the 25th...
    [​IMG]

13. mark renard

Where can you cancel your order? I can't find that option or a phone # on their website!

14. Dave C

Dave C Forum Resident

Mine arrived yesterday from Amazon. The box lid was sealed with a single piece of tape which failed sometime during delivery. When the UPS person dropped it off at my door one the flaps was open and I could see the item inside. Luckily Amazon shrink wrapped the item to a flat piece of cardboard which prevented it from falling out of the box and protected it from damage.

I'm getting a little tired of shipping and packaging issues with these expensive box sets.

15. mmars982

mmars982 Forum Resident

I had the same question. Been looking through the site for a while & can't find anything.

16. mark renard

I found this # on another forum by doing a Goolge search: 949-225-1170. I was able to call and cancel my order. They refer to their comany as "Super D" when you call it.

17. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

Yeah,what bullsheet! I just cancelled my order and went back to Amazon.
    I always,always,use Amazom or Music Direct without a hassle.No more Importcd for me.Btw I'll be getting my Aqualung Tomorrow!

18. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

And me three...

19. seg763

seg763 Senior Member

that was Oct 27, as of right now, Nov 1, the DHL shipping # they emailed me states no results found for your search.

has anyone received this from importcds.com and if so what price did you pay?

20. slipkid

slipkid Senior Member

Yeah, this happened to me, earlier this year. I have a thread about it in the Marketplace section.

Basically, an order I placed had shipped according to their website, but I noticed that neither the given DHL shipping # OR the USPS delivery conf # (why they would have TWO numbers for two different carriers made no sense in itself) actually worked. Checking either of them gave me messages like "no such record exists" type messages at DHL or USPS.

So I contacted ImportCDs through the order page, just to ask what the scoop was.

They never responded to my questions asking about the order. Instead they "silently" refunded my paypal order with a paypal reason of "not received in 14 days".

I was kind of pissed, since I didn't want a refund, I wanted the CDs that I ordered, that I had been waiting for, and had paid for at a good price. I did not tell them I wanted a refund, I wasn't nasty or demanding or anything like that at all in my query, I simply asked what the status was and that neither DHL nor USPS had a record of the shipment being processed.

So I guess my advice to you is, if you want to try to get this Aqualung set at ImportCDs' price, is to wait it out and hope it eventually shows up. Because if you contact them and ask about it - they are likely to just cancel your order & refund you (if what happened to me happens to you).

All that being said, I have ordered from ImportCDs many times in the past with no problems.

21. aoxomoxoa

I sent an email this morning and they already responded telling me that they have stock on the way and my order will get filled.

meanwhile amazon has yet to ship my smile box which preordered months ago

22. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

Same here. I have received many notice of shipping (tracking) from importcds and they were post mark days later when I would receive them. They obviously do drop shipments most of the time.

I would get a notice and receive the package 7 days later LA to SF. When I do order from them this is what I have learned to expect.

23. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Infamous? Is that really what you think of the DCC?

infamous
    [in-fuh-muhs]
    in·fa·mous
    Origin: 1350–1400; Middle English < Latin infām(is) (see infamy) + -ous

adjective

1. having an extremely bad reputation: an infamous city.
    2. deserving of or causing an evil reputation; shamefully malign; detestable: an infamous deed.
    3. Law.
    - a. deprived of certain rights as a citizen, as a consequence of conviction of certain offenses.
    - b. of or pertaining to offenses involving such deprivation.

24. peteham

peteham Senior Member

Mine arrived via UPS this morning...kudos to Amazon.ca...I've just listened to the stereo remix cd, but everything about this re-issue so far wreaks of PERFECTION! Just a stunning package, and the Wilson remix (and, I suppose the Mew mastering) is simply beautiful. For a hundred bucks, this is a steal, and I haven't even got to the 5.1 mix yet. This arrived with the Smile box (also a hundred bucks), but it may take me a few days to get to that. Truly a glorious time to be a music fan. And to think...next week Wish You Were Here, the week after, Quadrophenia, and the week after, Instant Replay. Unbelievable.

25. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Just picked up the 2cd version - listened briefly (I also picked up Smile and simply couldn't wait to hear it) in my car but from what I heard - this sounds good, certainly better than any cd version that i've heard/owned before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.