American Idol Season/Series 10, 2011 discussion - ***possible spoilers*** (Part2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

2. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

Three words:

1)Haley
    2)Haley
    3)Haley

Evan

3. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

I'm with you. :agree:

4. ipy

ipy Forum Resident

Same here :righton:

5. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I'm done. It was bad enough when they dumped Pia, but getting rid of the Tourette's kid was just awful.

The whole thing is rigged. :thumbsdn:

Looking forward to X Factor in September.

6. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

OK, if you were one of the judges, what would be your judge's song choices for each contestant for next week?

For Haley (the only one who isn't as dull as dish water)

Don't Walk Away - Toni Childs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S00HHzXZUrg

For Lauren (who is pretty vacuous, and has no clue as to what suits her song-wise)

I Found Love - Lone Justice (produced by JIMMY IOVINE!!!)

[Shelter, Reflected or Belfry from the same album would also do. Belfry might even suit Haley better -- remember BENNIE...BENNIE...BENNIE,...? In fact, most anything from Maria McKee's first solo album would probably suit Lauren's voice, if she knew how to connect emotionally with a lyric!)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rcl8xx5tPbc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jvo9MbTkUbE

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HS1quuani4w

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F6XQDQoCX0A

For Scotty (this guy is so deadly dull)

Achy Breaky Heart - Billy Ray Cyrus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=byQIPdHMpjc

7. carrick doone

carrick doone Whhhuuuutttt????

I'm with you for the same reasons. Pia should have gone further too. I will watch casually because my girlfriend will watch to the end but I am not invested in the winner. Not sure if it's rigged or the viewers are just deaf and blind.

This is not Survivor where the person who actually aims to win and deserves to win, gets a good chance to win. James has a great back story, he is personable, supremely talented in his vocal ability, knows how to sing a song, and he was picking songs that showed him off as opposed to a certain female singer who needed three people to tell her what to sing each week. I guess I was invested in his success and now just too disappointed to care.

James, if you come to Vancouver with any kind of decent rock band I would come to watch. Have a great music career and take care of yourself.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I agree...my wife watches ii I do not, but I hear it all from her anyway.:D

Pia was great...believe it or not she is a spittin' image of my Son's wife...it blew my mind.:)

9. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

That song would surely get her booted. No-one even knows who Toni Childs is. Haley was grilled because she sang an unreleased Ga Ga song. I think Ga Ga has a slightly bigger following than Toni Childs.

10. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

You are right, of course, I'm just playing fantasy-five-minutes here. I still think the Toni Childs song is a better fit for Haley's voice, even though, as the video from last week's show proved, she did okay on the new LGG song relative to LGG. At the end of the day, if she can find the right song, and perform it, she can make people forget they don't know it. Maybe not knowing who Toni Childs is is an advantage -- impossible to compare. I'm sure most of the people watching are not familiar with Jeff Buckley, or Live, or....

11. zen

zen Senior Member

Taking a small impromptu poll over the last few days (of ten people watching AI), most everyone is pulling for Haley Reinhart; except for two kids under the age of ten. (One wants Scotty to win, the other wants Lauren to win.)

The one question that kept coming up was: Who would get James' votes? According to this small poll, it seems Haley might get the bulk of them.

12. That Scotty dude. Sure he has a good voice which suits the genre of music that he chooses to sing but man is he boring. Stick a cowboy hat on his head and you couldn't tell him apart from a hundred other contemporary country singers. Why do they all sound the same? What bugs me the most about him however is the way he holds the microphone. I hope Haley wins.

13. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Haley's legs win.

[​IMG]

14. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Good piece at this link on The Wrap asking "Why Do Viewers Keep Picking Boring Contestants?"

The piece also cites many viewers who have completely given up on the show, people who agree with me that the most talented people left weeks ago.

15. Why Beyoncé as this week's guest? She really likes Lone Star? I'd be curious to know how often Beyoncé and Jay-Z are spinning country and western discs in the CD changer on their yacht. How about...never.

16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Haley butchering, IMO, Led Zeppelin as I type.

Edit: I hated it, but it seems the crowd and judges loved it.

17. Haley does
    Led Zeppelin
    ! :righton:

She didn't butcher that song at all. Nice e guitar work from her father.

18. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I have given up on the show. I don't even think I'll watch next season. This crop of judges is even more boring than the remaining contestants, and not one of the top 10 this year really excited me, though I do think a couple of the better people were sent home prematurely.

19. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Much better in the 2nd round for Haley. She nailed the Fleetwood Mac song and had Stevie Nicks down. The only thing I didn't like was how they had the darn fans blowing in her hair to give it a "dramatic & sexy" look.

20. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Didn't like Haley's take on Alanis M. (too inconsistent throughout the song. There were some highs and some lows.)

Will be hard to predict who will be going home but I feel the Country voters will split Lauren and Scotty, causing one of them to go home.

Regardless of what happens, Scotty will end up being the biggest star of all the contestants this year.

21. stever

stever Senior Member

I certainly hope America votes the two girls into the final. I'd love to hear Haley do a Pat Benatar rocker. The worst performance of the night was Beyonce - it's incredible the pap she feeds the masses.

22. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Biggest stars this year are already gone!

23. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Pia and James were my favorites. But you have to agree that Scotty will be a big Nashville star when he signs and gets out of HS. He will be singing for the Country masses.

24. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Not only do I not have to agree but I'm not so sure of it.

25. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I agree. She did a good version of it and that's coming from a big Zeppelin fan. Certainly better than that horrible WLL Adam Lambert did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.