American Idol Season/Series 10, 2011 discussion - ***possible spoilers*** (Part2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Are they going to fight or play?

2. MilesSmiles

MilesSmiles Oenologist Thread Starter

:agree:

3. MilesSmiles

I hope not but you could be right.

4. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I'd miss Haley's legs. She is a beautiful girl.

5. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I predict the bottom three to be Scotty, Haley, and Lauren. :)

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Nah, it will be Lauren, Haley and Scott.

7. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Glad Haley is gone!

8. After tonight's results, you are right on the money.

Unbelievable. :thumbsdn:

What a snooze fest the finale is going to be next week. Pop/country vs pop/country.

Randy and Jennifer should be ashamed of the way they critiqued Haley over the past few weeks. They were way too hard on her. Also as I said yesterday, the judges' song choice for Haley was ridiculous. Her performance of Zeppelin was the best thing in past few weeks. Haley should be in the final with Scotty.

9. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Next week, Scotty should be the winner easily, IMO.

10. fuse999

fuse999 Forum Resident

A country finale - simple music for simple minds.

11. shokhead

More 12-16 year old voting are into Pop/country then classic rock.

12. Great call. :righton:

I'm done.

13. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

Scotty will win. Lauren will cry like a baby in an embarassing breakdown onstage.

14. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Same here. Not that the other two impress me that much, but I suppose I slightly prefer them over Haley, whom I just don't think is very enjoyable to listen to.

15. shokhead

To say Haley was shocked she didn't make it is an understatement. Did you see her stunned look! BTW, Lauren wins. Sweet and cute wins out everyrtime.

16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Two reasons why I didn't like Haley are:

1) She was way too inconsistent (She either nailed a song or was horrible.)
    2) On some of the more rockin' songs, her vocal performance hurt my ears (too much growling, screaming, screeching, squealing, etc.)

Though, Haley definitely was probably the most improved of all the finalists from the original group after Hollywood week. She was hanging on a thread early on by being in the bottom 3 in the first few weeks of the voting.

In my opinion, except for James, Scotty had been the most consistent from week to week regarding vocal performance. Scotty definitely is a WYSIWYG performer, but I think he will sell well even if he doesn't win it all. Not as well as Carrie Underwood, Kelly Clarkson or Chris Daughtry, but moreso than most of the recent contestants from the past 3 or 4 years.

17. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I noticed that right away too! (as did everyone watching.) She was probably too cocky and expected to be in the final two, especially after Scotty had made it. And when she heard Lauren's name called instead of hers, it was a total and unexpected shock to her.

18. MilesSmiles

Ok, at least I can pass on the final now, should be a real snooze fest.

19. MilesSmiles

My money would be on Scotty.

20. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

What I bolded in the portion of your post that I quoted is exactly what bothered me most about Haley and it's the same thing that bothered me to a lesser extent about James.

21. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

Haley did not do particularly well with her final two songs this week. Her Led Zeppelin cover was quite good, I thought.

When I heard that she was going to sing the Fleetwood Mac song, I thought that she would do great and really solidify her position. Instead she did not give the song much energy and while it was competent, I thought it fell flat. It did not help that gale force winds were blowing in her face as she sang--whose idea was it to set up powerful fans right in front of her? I thought that she might have blown it when she did not excel at this song, which should have been right in her area of strength.

But then the two other contestants were equally lukewarm all evening, so I thought Haley had a chance. But I guess that the Southern, conservative, country music loving, rural and small town, voting blocks got to finally vote for two candidates who are just like them.

In contrast, Haley is from such a foreign place, mean old Chicago, and sang weirdo songs like Led Zeppelin. When Robert Plant teamed up with Allison Kraus for the Grammy winning album and successful tour, there were a lot of comments in the media that Allison's fans did not know who Plant is, and that her fans think that he is a real strange guy. There is a huge block of music lovers out there who are not like the members of this forum.

22. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The irony is that Simon Cowell hates Country music and would never have let the two finalists through.

Yes, Haley was shocked(I was too). Totally anti climactic finale. Scotty will win.

Evan

23. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

I thought she nailed the Fleetwood Mac and did terribly on the other two songs. I'm a huge LZ fan and, to my ears, her version of "What Is And What Should Never Be" was off.

I agree about that stupid fan blowing in her face/hair during the Fleetwood Mac song. Other than that, I thought she was spot on with the vocals and with Stevie Nicks' overall interpretation (the producers went overboard trying to clone Stevie Nicks' stage/video performances with the fans blowing the hair.)

24. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

My sentiments exactly. Haley wasn't going to change the world but it would have made the final more interesting if she was in it.

25. shokhead

I read that by someone else before I watched the show and I couldn't figure out why the hell did they let fans{as in people} on stage to blow in her hair?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.