American Idol Season/Series 10, 2011 discussion - ***possible spoilers*** (Part2)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by MilesSmiles, May 14, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

Rose shoots 8 for 27. Got to give it up a little more when the shot doesn't go.

BTW, Mike Brown to the Lakers! No!!

2. Dude, are you in the right thread? :confused:

3. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam

I found all of the performances by Scotty and Lauren competently sung. I was not excited by any of them. I imagine that fans of contemporary pop/country thought that finally there was a great Idol show.

If there had been two finalists who sang only blues and played slide guitar as well, and they performed six blues classics, I would have thought, man, what a great finale, while much of the rest of America would have thought it was boring.

Just because contemporary country is not my cup of tea, does not mean that it is intrinsically boring or without merit.

It was rather low key though. Instead of wondering what drugs they pumped into Lauren, I wonder what drugs they pumped into the judges to keep them appearing excited and enthusiastic throughout the evening.

4. Sully

Sully Forum Resident

And how many minutes did they spend in the beginning explaining why Lauren's voice may not be up to par, including interviews with the show's staff. I kept thinking Scotty should have just thrown up his hands, say "goodnight everybody" and walked off the stage.

5. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I was just thinking this morning that unless there's a change in judges next season, I'm going to delete my TiVo season pass and just not watch Idol any more. The judges were incredibly boring this season, and there isn't enough talent on this show to make watching it worth while. It's extremely rare when one of the contestants actually excites me enough that I would consider buying his/her record. With the acerbic Simon and loopy Paula gone, there isn't much of interest left in this show. At the beginning of the season I thought that the new judges might actually end up being interesting, but Steven Tyler has said "beautiful" so many times over the past 12 weeks that it makes Randy Jackson's use of "dawg" and "pitchy" seem infrequent in comparison.

6. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

Maybe they want Lauren to win since Scotty has already locked up the country gig.

7. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I have to agree. I enjoyed it this season so far it was something to watch. I used to enjoy it more due to the judges. The contestants were good this year, better than I remember in other years but it was not a have to watch show.

Essentially it was like eating cheap vanilla ice cream.

I am going to stick my $ with the X-Factor.

8. Hot Ptah

I have read several articles recently that the Nashville country establishment is not excited about Scotty, as they see him as a mediocre imitator of Josh Turner.

9. Hot Ptah

It was surprising to me that the judges apparently decided not to participate much in the show this year after the Top 11 were chosen. It seems to me that they decided that they would just let the singers perform, offer some vague, meaningless praise to everyone for every song, and let America vote.

They did pick a better group for the Top 11 than Simon and his crew of judges had picked in several years. I will give them that.

10. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

That was my initial impression, but after hearing everyone sing a few weeks I realized that, while better than last year (the low point for talent on this show), I'm not particularly impressed with this year's group.

11. zen

zen Senior Member

This is what we did as well. Though, we did watch each singers final performance in its entirety.

Fact. I can not believe the judges. Wow!! They did not nail Lauren on her vocal blowwww out (on the final songs high notes). Instead they praised her to sway votes. Ugly. It was really bad watching that display of judging. An all time low. My wife was so PO'd, she said, "I think I'm done with AI"....and that's a beautiful thing. ;)

12. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

ha, I was thinking Randy Travis myself...

13. shokhead

Plenty of mediocre imitators in all music.

14. shokhead

She has all the business in the world saying it, she's a judge and if you took what ST sad about giving Lauren the edge because she is prettier serious then I have some remasters that sound out of this world I'll see ya.:D

15. Hot Ptah

But they don't all get named as a certain future star in a popular music genre based on massive exposure on a popular TV show.

16. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

No she doesn't (not the way she "announced" it) and no I didn't, but many voters would.

17. evanft

evanft Forum Resident

Two years in a row with an awful top 2.

18. That was a bit much and also Lauren going into the audience and hugging her mother and her mom crying and stuff.

I sooooo hope Scotty wins tonight.
    :agree:

19. shokhead

Just minutes leading up to the live show at downtown L.A.'s Nokia Theater, TMZ reported that Lauren Alaina had lost her voice, might not be able to compete, and that third-place contestant Haley might compete in her place.

Not a big deal for a 15 year old to cope with. I think a lot of you are selling her short imo.

20. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Figured Judas Priest would appear and play and sing with James.

That was Great!!!!

21. :righton:

22. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

yep, the AI finale usually has a nice surprise and that was neat! Judas Priest in the house, who woulda thought.

23. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Was expecting J-Lo to throw her underwear on the stage when Tom Jones started to sing. ;)

24. Glad **** won.

25. zen

zen Senior Member

****, ****

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.