The Dead Weather new album 'Sea of Cowards'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ottoman79, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Well here is the new news. Album slated for may 7th and 11th inside U.S.A. The Single 'Die by the Drop' to come out next week? Do a internet search for more info. Curious this isn't on the vault website yet.

I am excited, and hoping it will be a killer!:righton::righton::righton:

2. capn

capn Forum Resident

Did you love the first one? I'm a big fan of Jack White but thought the first one wasn't great.

3. louisville

louisville Peel Slowly and See

It's about time Jack White got off his **** and did something. It's been like a day since his last White Stripes album hit the shelves.

4. dirtymac

dirtymac Forum Resident

The White Stripes are one of my 2-3 favorite bands of the last 30 years. Love the Raconteurs. Loved the Jack White-produced "Van Lear Rose", really dug "Sympathetic Sounds Of Detroit" but did not get into the Dead Weather album at all. Hugely disappointed.

5. Drexler_McStyles

Drexler_McStyles Active Member

Damn! I was hoping the album would be out before we see them on 4/20.. I guess the single will have to do... I though the 1st single was supposed to be called Blue Blood Blues or something though...

6. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

Is Blue Blood Blues the one that's coming with the Vault membership from Third Man Records? They are supposed to get a 7" of new Dead Weather material with the latest subscription service.

7. jedilips00

jedilips00 non-exist-ent

Nevermind, it's:

The Dead Weather "No Horse (First Take)" and 'Jawbreaker (First Take)" - Recorded in December of 2009, this 7" features two recordings that are a first listen exclusively for Vault members into the sessions for the new Dead Weather album. These two takes will not be released anywhere else. This is a rare opportunity for fans to be the first to hear how an album is progressing, and we are very excited to be able to bring them to members.

8. miller_time22

miller_time22 Forum Resident

That cover art is pretty freaky. It's on their website:

http://www.thedeadweather.com/

Really looking forward to this new release. May is getting pretty insane in terms of the new albums I intend to get.

9. shane

shane Active Member

Can't wait. I've liked everything Jack White has anything to do with to date.

10. serge

serge Forum Resident

:righton:

The man can do no wrong...and unlike most other rockers he is always working and recording.. LOVE IT!

11. inksb

inksb New Member

Yeah, I love how Jack never seems to step out of the spotlight these last few years. Everything he does just works so damn well for me.

12. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

Really liked the last album, and I'm looking forward to seeing them in a few weeks. Can't wait to hear this album!

13. Drexler_McStyles

Going to the show tonight!!! (Tickets are still available?! Thats Albuquerque for you, if it were Dio or Stryper if wouldve sold out in 3 minutes.....)

14. Inertiatic-Wrist

Inertiatic-Wrist Forum Resident

I'm really looking forward to the new album too!

I don't like Dead Weather as much as his other two projects, but I still really dig it. The new single is a bit strange, especially the video. It's growing on me. Just like Horehound did. Took many listens to really get into it, but I love the sound of it--sounds so gritty.

I can't wait to see them the 30th of this month here in Austin. I don't normally try to get up front, but I think I'm going to try for this show!

15. Drexler_McStyles

Wow. The show last night was one of the best Ive ever seen, in my life. Blew my mind...

16. Inertiatic-Wrist

Inertiatic-Wrist Forum Resident

I would love to hear details! What was the setlist like? Highlights, etc.

Glad to hear you had a good time!

17. Drexler_McStyles

They played a pretty even split between the first album and what I presume to be the new album. The problem is I dont know the names of the new songs. I gather that Jack sings much more on the new album because he sang at least 4 songs I didnt know that night. One was kind of a rap, that was fantastic. Also, the song they opened with blew me away, but Im not sure what it was called. The main thing about the show was that they ROCKED out. Ive never been to such a hard rocking, high energy show in my life and Ive seen some great bands. Allison was ****ing amazing, I have to say Ive never been 100% sold on her but last night she left me in awe. Little Jack played drums on Will There Be Enough Water and he was great too. I was just impressed with the overall tight musicianship of these guys. I cant wait for the new album to come out. I picked up a pretty cool poster/print at the show that I'll have to frame. Just a fantastic experience. Its almost made it worth having to have lived in Albuquerque all this time. Almost.

18. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Here's review of the show I saw last week:

http://www.examiner.com/x-40957-Chi...e-Fillmore-in-San-Francisco-Review-wSlideshow

Overall, I thought they were pretty good, but not as good as The Kills (nor PiL, who I saw a few days later!). "Die By The Drop" was certainly a high point. I think they would be better keeping Jack on guitar and drafting in a drummer. My beef with The White Stripes has always been the moronic drumming, and Jack is a much better guitarist than drummer! He's not able to switch like Dave Grohl, IMO.

19. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Not even close, Dead Weather is my favorite Jack White side project. Horehound has such a laid-back, atmospheric, almost ominous rock sound. To me, it sounds much more fresh and creative than it gets credit for. It sounds huge.

As much as I love the guitar playing, I've been really disappointed in the Raconteurs. It sounds tired, and wears on me very quickly.

20. ottoman79

The Dead Weather, is my favorite Jack White related project. I wish I could see them. . .they don't come to where I live : (

21. Davidmk5

Davidmk5 Forum Resident

I love the sound of that 1st album & the new single is good ...

22. Drexler_McStyles

23. ottoman79

@ Drexler

THANK YOU for the link. Man, I like the sound on this new stuff. Am patiently waiting for my LP/ And hopefully this one will have a noticeably better sound than the cd version.

24. surfingelectrode

Whole album streaming live from a turntable set up at TMR NOW for 24 hrs: http://www.ustream.tv/deadweather

Oh, and the show on Monday was good. Not all of the songs translated well live (I Cut Like a Buffalo, Treat Me Like Your Mother, Die By the Drop), but the rest was great.

25. surfingelectrode

Just bumping this. They're in the middle of side two, and they'll be replaying the whole thing again after that, and again after that, and...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.