The Dead Weather new album 'Sea of Cowards'

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by ottoman79, Mar 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. serge

serge Forum Resident

OMG! You lucky bastard!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Claudio Dirani

Claudio Dirani A Fly On Apple's Wall

I heard today their track that's due on that Eclipse flick: Rolling in on a Burning Tire. It's really evil sound! I really went for it big time.

3. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

I am digging the music on the album for sure, but the sound is killing me as well. Some of the tracks with a lot going on just sound like it's all mushed together. Rather than hearing interplay between instruments, I just hear noise.

Now don't get me wrong, I love noise, but would like a bit more space between instruments here.

I like the album, but I think Horehound is far superior...

4. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident Thread Starter

OK, I just opened my vinyl. Wow, I am really shocked. First I have seem splitting on the top of my jacket, second there is a palm print on one side and the other has four finger prints (yes, on the vinyl). Next, we have a chunk of the label missing. And finally my vinyl is warped. Huh!?

5. Drexler_McStyles

Drexler_McStyles Active Member

Thats gods way of saying 'return it' (and dont look back).

6. ottoman79

ottoman79 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Forgot to mention. I did indeed return the vinyl. Kung Fu records was more than helpful. They returned my vinyl no questions, and sent me a new one, which upon opening, was clean and not warped. I have to say they really satisfied me and I still love this album.

7. Rottenstain

Rottenstain Forum Resident

Thinking of getting this album, it a shame that the CD sounds crap, i do have a turntable but looking at the prices for the vinyl plus shipping it way too much.

Plus i stick up for Jack White mostly, but really making the CD sound crap and then telling people they should buy vinyl because that the true version then charging quite a lot on top is pretty dam snobbish, most people don't even have the equipment in the first place,

Mr White you have to work in your times.

8. joelee

joelee Hyperactive!

Vinyl copy is just a few bucks more than CD.

9. Rottenstain

Not if you live in the UK,

At hmv there is only the CD which is £ 4.99 online,

Vinyl at amazon uk is £24.99

Official Store is £ 2 cheaper, but would take 2 to 8 weeks to arrive.

10. runofthemill

runofthemill Forum Resident

I'm seeing that the price is $18.98 plus $12.48 for first class international postage from the third man web store. That would be $31.46, which should convert to about 20.14 British Pounds.

11. hvbias

hvbias Midrange magic

About 20 GBP more than it is worth. This is one of the worst sounding LPs I've heard.

12. krlpuretone

krlpuretone Forum Resident

Which isn't bad at all, since from experience I can tell you the First Class Mail International to UK cost of shipping on this LP is just under $19...

13. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

14. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

People should not have to buy one version on an inferior format at higher price with questionable quality control issues to get the better sound quality. This is bs and a total step backwards in technology and customer service and fan appreciation.

Sent from my EVO via Tapatalk Pro

15. Rottenstain

Yes it is, £20 for 2 sides of vinyl ?

With mixed reviews, okish gatefolds,

People need to stop living in fantasy land with vinyl, especially with new vinyl,

Didn't someone say it the same master placed onto the cd as well ?? Dosen't that completely make the vinyl pointless ?

16. roro1

roro1 New Member

A really nice album!
    Heavy,definetly sound over lyric's! Four great musician's.A great heavy bluesy vibe.
    I'm not sure about lack of dynamic's?I have a us vinyl copy.
    I think the clicking is intentional as it's only on one channel and in the mix.
    I love the cover too.A great use of colour.
    I especialy love the closeing track.It's not the album's best but it sound's inspired by someone:)With a hail mary thrown in.
    Not a pop album for sure but a fun listen.
    I'm have this and consoler's of the lonly on now going back and forth.Both are great.Mr white and company are real talent's

17. surfingelectrode

surfingelectrode Active Member

As far as this album goes, the difference in sound quality is negligible.

18. The Hud

The Hud Breath of the Kingdom, Tears of the Wild

Does anyone know if the japanese cd has any bonus tracks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.