Steve's update RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS Amazing sounding analog masters for LP confirmed

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Steve Hoffman, May 11, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Dude, I don't think the praise from WB had anything to do with the format. It was a compliment to Steve and Kevin for their great-sounding work. This could have been done for an MP3 download and they probably would still get the compliment. ;)

Let's just hope that this is the start of a good thing for music lovers and audiophiles alike. A return to good sounding, well recorded and mastered music. This is a very positive thing for all of us. I understand your disappointment that this isn't on SACD or DVD-A, but those formats are practically dead (not saying they should be, but the music industry had other plans it seems). One can only hope that there will be another HD option in the future... for now, just be happy we're getting this! :D

2. It was more simply dissapointment that the best sounding version of the album couldn't be the mass released version... I think good sound should be for everyone, not just people willing to buy a turntable in order to get access to a properly mastered version of an album.
    I couldn't be happier. Ever since the release of Californication I've been waiting for a new RHCP album to be presented with decent sound. I realise it isn't everyone's taste, but I think the Blood Sugar Sex Magik CD sounds very good, One Hot Minute is hotter, but still reasonable. Since then things didn't go down hill, as much as, completely fall over a cliff.

3. PedroSobota

PedroSobota New Member

Simply a top-notch digital transfer from the final vinyl version master tape would be enough! My personal argument for a digital version is that I'm much more comfortable getting hold of a great d/a converter and then forgetting about my equipment forever, than everytime wondering if my turntable is properly adjusted or if I may be getting inferior sound because some part needs oil or something (it's a mechanical thing!).

Most probably John Frusciante, a declared analog audiophile. He says on a letter about the album (posted at their website), "this album features the sound of analog tape, may it live forever.". If it depended on him, he would probably not care for any digital version.

4. I'm just wondering, was the other thread with the waveform comparison of the vinyl and CD versions of some tracks from Stadium Arcadium deleted or locked, because people started talking about copyright infringment type things?

I can't find the thread, or any record that I posted to it.

5. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host Thread Starter

Thread restored to Music Corner.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.