Gentle Giant remasters

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JohnG, May 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Kerry's keyboard work on Interview just...kills! :righton:
    one of my fave GG albums.

2. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

Hi Eroc,
    it's a bit late for answering this post but anyway...
    Which albums from Beggars Opera did you lay your hands on ???
    Happy New Year !
    Achim

3. Claus

Claus Senior Member

SAGGITARY

BEGGARS CAN\'T BE CHOOSER

4. anduandi

anduandi Senior Member

Thanks Claus,
    I wish he had done Waters of change and Pathfinder.
    Achim

5. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

Thanks for the response, that sounds like a pretty good bet. I'll put that one on my list. Interview is one of my favorites too, I never understood why the band was not particularly crazy about it. Fine, "Give it Back" is not so hot, but the rest of it is pretty incredible..."Design", "I Lost My Head", "Another Show"...brilliant!

Hey, I see you're a Mainer too...who knew there were two Gentle Giant fans in Maine? ;)

6. I like the DRT one a lot, too! But I'd say it is >as good as< the original UK vinyl, and MINUS the poor quality vinyl, in my experience it has always been pressed on.

A weaker track like Empty City gets boosted up in clarity and is now a pleasure for me to spin !

7. Lownote30

Lownote30 Bass Clef Addict

I actually like the song Give It Back from Interview. The time signatures and everything else about it is really odd!! A different style for GG, but still just as cool to me. I love Interview, and think it was their last great album. I think it gets a lot of negative feedback, and I don't know why. I actually find it more ineresting that Free Hand a lot of times.

Frank R.

8. I also dig GiB! It's fun, and humour is a lot of what Gentle Giant was about.

9. webbcity

webbcity Confused Onlooker

Ok guys, you got me...I'll give "Give it Back" another try! ;)

Another question about these DRT releases...it looks like the original artwork for these has all been replaced with generic covers? Or is the original cover on the inside?

10. Yes, it is included inside the outer box.

When I first bought the DRT Interview, I got, like a lot of folks, the "fake-mono" bad master. They returned me a good stereo one with Derek Shulman's autograph inside, over his own photo! :O)

11. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.