Yourmusic.com Raising Subscription Price to $6.99

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LtPepper, Dec 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LtPepper

LtPepper Forum Resident Thread Starter

After signing in at yourmusic.com today, I saw a link:
    Click here for an important subscription update.

The message is:
    Well, I'm glad they told me if I don't like it, I know where the door is.

2. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

Bummer. Well, at $7.50 (shipped w/tax) it's still about the same as a used CD. I'll probably finish up getting the rest of the SACDs I need, then bail.

3. Phishphreak

Phishphreak New Member

Looks like a good reason to stock up now.

4. bluesbro

bluesbro Forum Hall of Shame

Rats :realmad:

Lets stock up now fellas!

5. daveman

daveman Forum All Star

Damn. I'll probably stay but that's disappointing.

6. jblock

jblock Senior Member

I'll pick my next queue selection for Dec. carefully and that's it.

7. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Time for me to buy all those boxsets. :sigh:

8. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I just realized the last two titles i got from yourmusic are still sitting on the shelf unopened! :laugh:

Oh well, this give me a good excuse to get my next title (shipped yesterday) and my Dec. title, and them cut them off.

Must...resist...urge

9. RicP

RicP All Digital. All The Time.

I'm out. :wave:

I was in for good at $4.99, I stayed through $5.99, but it simply doesn't make sense anymore to me. I can always just rejoin/cancel if I find a boxset I want. Bye Bye BMG!

10. JPartyka

JPartyka I Got a Home on High

Yeah, I was going to rejoin this month (I took a break for a while), but I probably won't at this point. Too bad.

11. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I should also stock up now. Has yourmusic.com added any SACDs recently? I completed my Dylan collection through the BMG club awhile ago, and I believe they stock the Clapton and Elton John SACDs, which I already have. Do they have anything else of note?

12. CT Dave

CT Dave Senior Member

With the dwindling selection, and now the price increase, I'm finding it harder to find a reason to stay on as well.

13. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Funny how they just don't email their subscribers with this information. Many people with a large queue would not even log on to the site for long periods of time. I'm cancelling as well.

14. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

I check the SACDs fairly often, but I don't recall anything new. It's really not their fault cause there's not many "new" SACDs coming out other than classical. (trying to stay on topic here :laugh: )

I've got all the rock/pop SACDs I want from them, the past few months have all been classical.

15. deadbirdie

deadbirdie Senior Member

I'm not going to stick around either. I'll finish up buying my queue this month and cancel. Buying the Dylan SACD box set (and every other SACD they offered) made joining worthwhile but i've run out of things to get.

16. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

Bad news. I also find it strange that as a yourmusic member, I heard it here first. At $6.99, you can do better with the BMG club's sale codes. That being said, still not a bad deal since they are new, sealed CD's basically at the price of used discs.
    Do you think there is any correlation between yourmusic and the death of Tower records? I think $5.99 CD's had to have hurt Tower at least a little bit.

17. edski

edski The Road to Ed

I did just get an e-mail:
    -------
    Thank you for being a valued yourmusic.com customer.

Starting on January 1, 2007, we will be increasing the monthly fee and CD prices at yourmusic.com to $6.99.

If you do not wish to continue your subscription at the $6.99 price, you are free to cancel at any time by accessing your account.

We hope you'll continue to enjoy your subscription and take advantage of our still low price of only $6.99 with free shipping.
    -------
    Good thing I ordered those Miles Davis box sets (Cellar Door, Complete IASW, Seven Steps) when I did!

Not sure I will stick around either...it's only a dollar, but that much closer to what will (hopefully) become new standard retail pricing for catalog CDs...

18. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I just cancelled my subscription.

19. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

The Miles boxsets are the only thing I'd consider ordering before I cancel.

Can you help me out? I have Bitches Brew box (like it a lot) and Jack Johnson box (like it, but too repetitive). Any suggestions on what to get next?

20. JohnBeas

JohnBeas Senior Member

I'll also be leaving. I started at $4.99 - bought lots of box sets, etc. and stayed when it went to $5.99. But even though I have a queue of about 45 titles as I look at most of them they're things I really don't have to have. I'll buy a few more items this month then cancel.

21. Danny

Danny Senior Member

I'll be cancelling after this month as well. I just stocked up on the things from my queue that I really wanted. It was fun while it lasted.

22. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

I got my e-mail a little while ago and cancelled my subscription about 10 seconds later. Maybe if enough people cancel they will re-evaluation the situation.

23. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley New Member

But $6.99 shipped for a new cd is still cheap, isn't it?

24. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

Yes. I can deal with that, but if it goes to $7.99, I'm out.

25. JorgeGvb

JorgeGvb Senior Member

Fairly cheap, but not enough titles that interest me anymore to be a monthly subscriber at $7. I had 15 CDs in my que, but they were mostly filling holes in my collection. If things change down the line, I can always join again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.