A reminder about Audio Fidelity 'Bad Co.' 24 karat gold CD going out of print!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scott J, Sep 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scott J

Scott J Forum Hall of Fame Thread Starter

Just wanted to remind folks that the Audio Fidelity title of 'Bad Co.', goes out of print this month. I've got 3. One for playing, two for posterity.

2. sungshinla

sungshinla Vinyl and Forum Addict

Re: A reminder about AF 'Bad Co.'

I love vinyl but this CD is incredible, a must have.

I have two copies, one for playing and one sealed. One of them was priced at $18.99 at Borders. I remember paying more on eBay. I wonder if the Borders copy was a bargain or I just got ripped off on eBay.

3. street legal

street legal Senior Member

Good idea to post about this Scott, in case anyone was unaware of this.

I got mine a few months back & love it!

4. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

Now, for a brief thread poop, where the hell is new stuff Audio Fidelity? On vinyl or CD, that is, none of this DVD hoo-ha. Now on to our regularly scheduled thread.

5. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

I suppose if I see a copy of it in a store I should grab it. Maybe i'll more than quadruple my investment someday. I already have my copy to enjoy.

6. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Same here. I bought my copy when it was released. If I see another one, I would grab it to have an extra.

7. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Looks like you got ripped off on both. Amazon had this for 14.99 for a very long time. It's gone up $2 since. Even a high-priced outfit like Tower has it for 17.99.

Both of the Bad Co gold CDs I have are still sealed. Had an open one once but I gave it away.

8. JJ75

JJ75 Forum Resident

Don't miss out (just my opinion)

I kept mine sealed til a couple of weeks ago, but wanted some music for a long car journey, so I delicately opened the wrapping so it could be replaced, and burned it and the Faces gold disc onto one CDR.

First off it is a great album, ideal for driving to. If you like Free, you will surely like this, there are some excellent tracks on there and nothing which I didn't like.
    I totally disagree with those who (in a previous thread about AF discs) commented that the music was a bit second rate, it really isn't.

As for the sound, well, I don't know what other issues of the album sound like but obviously this one is fantastic. You couldn't ask for more from a redbook cd (of material recorded in the 70's)
    A big thumbs up from me.

Again don't miss out on this one, or you may regret it when it's OOP and selling for big $$$ on Ebay.

JJ

9. JWB

JWB New Member

I was blown away by this disc. It sounds SO GOOD.

10. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

It's still available at CD Universe, priced at $15.55 right now.

They have it ranked at #222 on their all time sales list.
    Don't know where CDU sits in the scheme of things compared to other retailers /e-tailers but they must have moved quite a few copies.

Hope this bodes well for the success of Audio Fidelity (and therefore future releases).

11. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Hi,

Buy 2 or 3 of this! Killer sound and music. How rock discs should be mastered! Better than US vinyl by miles!

12. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Best In Sound 2006

13. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Wonder who'll get that blue ribbon award next year?

14. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

This therad deserves a STICKY. :agree:

15. Mad shadows

Mad shadows Senior Member

I’m glad I don’t have to worry about this. Not long a go I found a first press of this album (UK, Island, 1U/1U, EX/EX) for 8 dollars.

16. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

It be, so. :)

17. boothster84

boothster84 New Member

yeah i got one too, i already opened it though. yeah your right, i should get at least one more before they leave. thanks for the heads up on the issue.:righton:

18. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

I better get to steppin'... or I'll wind up being The Guy Who Quadrupled Grant's Investment... ;)

Am not the world's biggest BC fan, but that first album really is loaded.

This thread brings a point to mind, tho... part of my procrastination stems from the fact I've never seen it – or any AF titles – at Amoeba (strange, as they stock virtually everything including audiophile titles),... so if any AF-ers are looking in, please give this small-but-great California chain a look.

19. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley New Member

I think there are so many sold, the price will not go sky high for a long time.

20. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

Doesn't everybody have multiple copies of this one??

21. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Yes. :p

Seems like so many are hoarding extra copies that it could be many many years before this gold CD title starts selling for a substantial premium.

On the plus side, I'm hoping that with everyone investing in extra copies of this title for Audio Fidelity, flooding them with cash, they'll be able to re-emerge from hibernation with a strong lineup of compelling gold CD titles in time for the Fall 2006 holiday shopping season....

Craig(VC).

22. OcdMan

OcdMan Senior Member

I don't think that (or any other release besides the Audio Fidelity release) was taken from the actual 1st generation mix-down tapes...?

23. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

I hope this isn't too much of a thread crap, but if Bad Company is going out of print this month due to contractual obligations, and most of the other four gold CD titles were released a couple of years ago (around the same time the Bad Co disc was supposed to be released if not for trouble finding master tapes) . . . Does this mean that the rest of the AF gold CD titles are going to soon go out of print as well for contractual reasons?

Craig(VC).

24. Doug Hess Jr.

Doug Hess Jr. Senior Member

I would assume so. Normally there is a set length to the license and therefore unless something is different about certain titles, just like the DCC discs, they will all go out of print at one point or another.

25. MikeP5877

MikeP5877 Senior Member

I thought the other titles were 3 year licenses. Bad Company was unique.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.