Bad Company AF 24kt Gold CD - it's here!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Feb 11, 2006.

1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Came back from a lunch and movie Saturday afternoon with my wife and son and found that the mailman had dropped off a package with the new Bad Company gold cd - it's spinning right now. I really like Can't Get Enough, which works out fine as it leads the album off. The snares really pop, and the cymbals shimmer, hang and decay with a nice tail-off. I used to have the old 10 From 6 hits set when it came out and Can't Get Enough sounded really muffled - that's definitely not the case here. I jumped ahead to Bad Company - it's really impressive when the growling bass and drums come slamming in hard after the slow/steady build-up from the opening piano chords. I switched to headphones for Movin' On - nice and crisp without sizzle on the cymbals. Worth the wait? If you like 70's hard rock, this set is pretty much a greatest hits set for Bad Company.

Hey, I've just realized that some of the songs on Steve's Bad Company gold disc have EXTRA STUFF at their beginnings not found anywhere else. COOL!!!!!

2. quentincollins

quentincollins Forum Word Nerd

:thumbsup: Mine are still on backorder from CD Universe. Hopefully should be here soon

3. NIKE SQ 460

NIKE SQ 460 Just Do It...Daily!

cool...thanx 4 the update. I can't wait now! :sigh:

4. hdsemaj

hdsemaj Forum Resident

Alright that does it. I ordered mine from buy.com moments ago.

5. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Rub it in, why doncha! :mad: :cussing: :rant:

Enjoy! I hope to pick one up next week. :agree:

6. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Going to sell your other versions???

7. indy mike

Can't - don't have any other than the new AF set since I punted the 10 From 6 set long ago.

8. rpd

rpd Senior Member

Curious what everyone else is doing. My AF is on the way... Have the original and the remaster currently....

9. Hopefully that means it will be in the brick and mortar come Tuesday.

10. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I hope I'm wrong, but I rarely see these locally in the brick and mortar stores until weeks after they've been available online. It was the same way back in the DCC days, too.

11. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Yep, you are wrong. ;)

Always have them at Tower Records, very close to or on the release day.

12. indy mike

Where I'm at we don't get anything gold at the local stores, and hi-res is limited to a handful of the BMG Living Stereo reissues every now and then. Anything that's not on a chart doesn't show up here, so mail order does the trick.

13. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I wouldn't know where a brick and mortar Tower Records would be. Never seen one. Never been in one.

14. indy mike

Big cities - closest to me is Nashville. Best Buy, Circuit City and Coconuts are here locally but selection is limited.

15. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Marshall told me the first press is already sold out and they are on to the second pressing already. Always a good sign!

George P likes this.
  16. Pug

Pug The Prodigal Snob Returns!

Great news! Congrats Steve (and Marshall too)!

17. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Wow! :cool:

18. PageLesPaul

PageLesPaul To be a rock and not to roll...

Not to sound ignorant here but how many units are in a first press?

19. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

...how does "Don't let me Down" Sound? my copy is on the way!

20. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

:cheers:

21. That's great news Steve. I just need to make damn sure I get at least two of these babies. Here's to a third pressing. :righton:

22. Damn, that's hard to believe. I can think of at least 7 within an hours drive at the most for me (Anaheim, Brea, El Toro/Laguna Hills, Belmont Shores/Long Beach, Torrance, Hollywood, and West Covina). Any way, Tower has a chance of having it on Tuesday. There's also a Virgin Mega Store near me, that's really good about getting in the AF titles the day of release. So hopefully it will stay true to form for Bad Co..

23. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

The Wherehouse may have it. It's on their website, "on sale" for 15.98. If that's the in-store price I'll cancel my Amazon order if the disk shows up on Tuesday at the store. It will alse be an opportunity to trade in some dvds I've been wanting to get rid of.

http://www.wherehouse.com/music/product-detail.jsp?id=2559482

24. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

Spare a thought for us forum members who live outside the US - It'll be a least an additional week before we get this. :realmad:

25. rjp

rjp Senior Member

best buy had the doobies and faces on the tuesday of release.

renny