Season 3 - Arrested Development

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by 4_everyman, Sep 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual Thread Starter

Any other AD fans here?

I just got turned on to this show a few weeks ago and i watched the entire first season DVD set. I have seen none of the second season, although i see that the DVD set is due for release on 11 October.

I was assured that i could watch the season 3 premiere and not feel lost. I did and i wasn't! Even though i have an entire season to get caught up on, the show doesn't seem to have lost its energy or edge.

Buster is sporting a claw in place of his hand. I'm sure when i see Season 2 i will learn the story behind that.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

All I have to say about that is "Loose Seal!". ;)

Regards,

3. sbroache

sbroache Forum Resident

One of my favorite shows! I was not disappointed with the premiere, just elated to have it back.

Favorite lines:
    "You are Uncle Oscar." "Dot com."
    "Your cousin could help you pitch a tent. Maybe you could rub off on her."
    "Taste the happy Michael." "It tastes like the sad."

*******SPOILER ALERT*******

I heard a rumor Henry Winkler's character will be leaving the show shortly and be replaced by his lawyer cousin played by Scott Baio.

4. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

Well, he was fired in the season premiere so you may be right.

5. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Scott Baio's character is named "Bob Loblaw." Say it fast.

6. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

I thought it was hysterical. :p best season premiere so far.

the blue handprint on the back of Kitty's head. :laugh:
    "I slept in the car because I know my snoring bothered you." ...and I left a tape recorder so you wouldn't know I was gone :laugh: (hey, I'm paraphrasing from memory here. dont sue.)
    Tom Cruise advising that postpartum depression medication leads to heroin. :laugh:
    the Volvo is too boxy. :laugh: well, frankly, the whole copy machine scene.
    they got the wrong identical quintuplets. :laugh:
    "I've made a HUGE tiny mistake." :laugh:
    "die, you little black bastards! then I got stabbed. a lot." :laugh: http://www.imoscar.com
    the excitement over the stock being upgraded to "don't buy" :laugh:
    the "Tobias Swallows" nametag :laugh:
    and I can't quite remember the line, but Portia de Rossi pointing to her chest and yelling something like "he's not giving up all this!" :laugh: had me laughing enough to frighten the cats.

and I'm SURE there was at least one voiceover line that had me laughing, but now I can't remember what it was. :shake:

7. 4_everyman

4_everyman The Sexual Intellectual Thread Starter

OMG! I missed that one. :yikes:

There's something about Tobias that makes me very uneasy... :laugh:

8. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Arrested Development is one of the two best reasons to own a TV these days. The other reason (IMO)...The Office. Yes, I love the British version but the U.S. version is not to be missed. The season premiere on Tuesday was laugh out loud hilarious, just like Arrested Development!

9. Ryan

Ryan That would be telling

Was it "I wan't just saying that. He really does have a son" ?

10. Christopher J

Christopher J Norme Con Ironie

Was it this one:
    G.O.B.: Well, I will tell you this, Michael... I don’t have a son...
    Narrator: He does.

11. Christopher J

Christopher J Norme Con Ironie

No, wait! It was this one, right?

Narrator: If Steve had had a father, he would’ve warned him not to go into the woods with strange men...but he didn’t.

12. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

no....

13. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

THAT's the one! :)

14. GoldenBoy

GoldenBoy Purple People Eater

Hilarious show. I just started watching this a few weeks ago in re-runs of the second season after seeing Jason Bateman on Letterman promoting the new season. I can't understand what took me so long to find this show. It is the funniest comedy on television, IMO. The season premiere was wonderful.

15. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

sometimes I just LOVE to be proven wrong. I was SO sure that this show was gonna be dreadful when I first heard about it. Jason Bateman? Teen Wolf? Portia De Rossi? she didn't even make an impression on 'Ally McBeal.' I'm NOT a fan of Ron Howard and the very idea of voiceover narration just screams "bad writing" (which was particularly funny when they made fun of that very thing last season with Ron bitching about how lame the voiceover was on the Bluth TV special) the only thing that caught my interest was David Cross. but even he's not afraid to be involved with bad comedy if the paycheck is needed (anyone else see 'Scary Movie 2'?)

I'm not sure why I tuned in to the pilot episode because I really wasn't expecting anything half-decent. sometimes you just never know where quality is gonna rear its ugly head.

16. bldg blok

bldg blok Forum Resident

I saw on another board that his supervisor's name tag said "Mike Spitz". :laugh:

That's what I love about "Arrested Development", it rewards repeat viewings. Despite what anyone says, there are still some good TV shows out there, but IMO this is the best sitcom! Life's better when there are new "Arrested Development" episodes. :thumbsup:

17. 93curr

93curr Senior Member

how sad is it that I was actually thinking of funny lines from AD whilst watching 'Lost'?

Tobias's poem :laugh:
    voiceover responding to Tobias's poem: "gee, I wonder why she didn't want him back"? :laugh:
    "flip the cushions" - "aw, now I'm gonna smell like tuna melt" :laugh:
    Lucille's "musty old claptrap" :laugh:
    Lucille's "good for her" at the car rolling into the lake with the kids inside, and then the same thing happening later with Buster. :laugh:
    Tobias, not just telling about Kitty raising her shirt (for the bajillionth time), but feeling the need to actually demonstrate it. :laugh:
    the "he came" statue :laugh:

18. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

...from "triple sell" :)

Regards,

19. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way

Arrested Development - TV wasteland, not a chance, with this, and The Office I'm laughing my freaking head off! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

20. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

I am so happy to have this show back on, especially this early in the year. I laughed my frickin' *** off. Better than ever.

Jeff

21. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

STEVE HOLT! :righton:

22. Jefhart

Jefhart Senior Member

Did you notice that under the yearbook picture of his mom, Eve Holt, it said something like Favorite Saying "EVE HOLT!" Priceless stuff.

Jeff

23. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

I went to high school with Buster (Tony Hale), so I've followed the show closely from the beginning. He was so small back then, couldn't have weighed more than 120 pounds even by his senior year. Tony was in a zillion commercials before catching on with AD, most famously lip-synching "Mr. Roboto" in that VW ad a few years ago. Very nice guy...

24. tomhayes

tomhayes Senior Member

I love Arrested Development but I think the Office debut was funnier.

It's nice to have two such funny shows to compare and contrast.

This week Curb Your Enthusiasm comes back and we'll have 3 funny shows on TV.

And with Tivo there are no commercials.

25. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Very cool...nice connection! He is hilarious on Arrested Development. He is so good that I sometimes forget that Buster is a character.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.