The Complete Doors Studio Albums at HDTracks!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by bferr1, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bferr1

bferr1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

*Special Price - The Complete Doors Studio Albums in 96kHz/24bit

99.98 for eight albums in 24/96 resolution!

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD603497933105

The Doors
    - One of Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums of All Time."
    - One of NME's "Greatest Albums of All Time."
    - One of Q's "100 Greatest Albums Ever."
    - Included in "The Rolling Stone Hall Of Fame."
    - Reached #2 on the Billboard 200.
    - "Light My Fire" reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Heralded as one of the most influential bands in rock history, The Doors’ eponymous debut garnered unprecedented acclaim. The unforgettable self-titled release emerged as one of the finest initial outings made by any rock group. This multi-platinum classic is full of the group’s psychedelic sound and poetic lyrics. Frontman Jim Morrison’s bluesy vocals are simply haunting. Included is the band’s signature song, “Light My Fire,” which has sold over a million copies and topped Billboard’s Hot 100.

Strange Days
    - Reached #3 on theBillboard 200.

Strange Days is the thrilling sophomore album by The Doors. The work builds on the group’s highly successful self-titled debut. The album would be certified gold and reach #3 on the Billboard 200. Featuring some of the band’s strongest works, the album includes the hits “Love Me Two Times” and “People Are Strange.”

Waiting for the Sun
    - Reached #1 on the Billboard 200.
    - "Hello, I Love You" reached #1 on the Billboard Hot 100.

Waiting for the Sun is the third studio masterpiece by The Doors. Released in 1968, the album would become the band’s first number one album and includes their second number one single, “Hello, I Love You.” Waiting for the Sun was also a commercial success overseas and includes the melodic standouts “Love Street,” “Wintertime Love” and “Summer’s Almost Gone.”

The Soft Parade
    - Reached #6 on the Billboard 200.
    - "Touch Me" reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

The Soft Parade is the experimental classic from influential rock band The Doors. The album finds the group adding brass and strings to their innovative sound. Peaking at #6 on the Billboard 200, the band integrated rich orchestration into tunes including “Touch Me,” which reached #3 on the Billboard Hot 100. “Touch Me” is a pop masterpiece that ranks among the great ‘60s AM radio tunes. The Soft Parade also includes the titled track which explores various moods, textures and features Morrison’s signature lyrics.

Morrison Hotel
    - Reached #4 on the Billboard 200.

Morrison Hotel, The Doors’ fifth studio recording, finds the band returning to their bluesy roots. Reaching #4 on the Billboard 200, the edgy album would highlight the strengths of each member. The work includes the Billboard Hot 100 hits “Roadhouse Blues” and “You Make Me Real.” Morrison Hotel would also be the second highest charting album for the band in the United Kingdom. Rock Magazine declared the album “without any doubt their ballsiest (and best) album to date.”

L.A. Woman
    - One of Rolling Stone's "500 Greatest Albums of All Time."
    - On NME's "Greatest Albums of the '70s."

L.A. Woman is the iconic masterpiece from The Doors and the final album to include Jim Morrison. The work is a blues-oriented affair that features Morrison’s piercing vocals. The album includes the memorable standouts “Love Her Madly,” “Riders On The Storm” and “The Changeling.” L.A. Woman is one of the band’s finest works and a pivotal release from one of music’s most influential bands.

Other Voices

Other Voices is the band’s seventh studio album and their first following the death of lead vocalist Jim Morrison. The album follows the creativity and innovation of their massive hit, L.A. Woman. Each member of the trio expresses their talents and musicianship on this undeniable masterpiece. Hits include Manzarek’s stunning bluesy opener “In The Eyes Of The Sun” and Densmore’s “Ships w/Sails.”

Full Circle

Full Circle is the final album of original material and the second post-Morrison album by The Doors. The trio gathered their ideas and produced this seminal classic. Full Circle features several classics including “Get Up And Dance,” “4 Billion Souls” and “Verdilac.” With superb songwriting, excellent instrumentation and masterful arrangement, this is a must-have for any collection.

2. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

*busts out the credit card after forum reviews*

3. macabrae_j

macabrae_j Active Member

I can't see myself, or other people on this forum buying these, except for the last two albums. For analogue people, the 45rpm records are just coming out, and for digital people, the SACD's are coming out soon as well. I can't picture these being sourced from the new SACD files before the SACDs are even out. Who are these downloads for?

4. Solaze

Solaze New Member

what are the sources?There's none listed.

5. Stephen Murphy

Stephen Murphy Forum Resident

Maybe they are for people who don't care for 45rpm vinyl or SACD. There are also lots of people who don't care for 16/44 digital. If the dynamic range has not been squished out of them, I will probably grab them. The price is certainly right.

6. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

More people will download these than will buy SACDs and 45 rpm LPs....hate to break it to you but as much as we love them- SACDs and 45 rpm LPs aren't exactly going to set the world on fire with sales.

7. glenecho

glenecho Forum Resident

definitely...as in someone buy this now!

8. macabrae_j

macabrae_j Active Member

I think if all you want is 24 bit Doors, then this set might be perfect for you. (I'm using "you" in general terms) However, to care about 24 bit, you probably care about the best sound. I know SACD is dead, but for at least 50 bucks you can buy a player, connect it in your DAC via optical, or HDMI, and have the better in-print mastering. Isn't that what this forum largely about?

I just can't see caring about the bits, but not the mastering. Unless it all comes down to price, and you do not want to spend over 100 bucks on The Doors. Which is reasonable. Again, I don't know who this product is aimed for.

Dmdstrhalo likes this.
  9. glenecho

glenecho Forum Resident

who said we don't care about the mastering? I for one don't want the SACDs. For me there's a lot more I can do with audio files and I don't care about having physical media.

10. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

Just get the SACD

11. macabrae_j

macabrae_j Active Member

I'm not saying you don't. I'm saying that if someone cares about the bits, then they obviously care about the mastering too. These downloads are most likely from an older mastering, and not from the new mastering for the SACD's and 45rpm records that are being praised here, and considered by The Doors as definitive.

The only reason to not buy the SACDs is cost saving versus mastering, or that you ("you" in general)do not wish to buy a SACD player, damn the mastering.

Edit: As much as it sounds like I am, I am not a SACD guy. I'm a download guy and record guy. But I did buy a $50.00 Oppo SACD player for the Pink Floyd "Wish You Were Here" SACD, and it's worth the effort for the better sound. I was just thinking that people here do the same thing to get the best mastering despite what hardware it comes out for.

12. I'm holding out for the SACD's. Be interesting to hear some reviews of the HD Tracks releases.

13. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

Gotta be the Perception box masters, doesn't it?

14. crimpies

crimpies Forum Resident

And mixes.

15. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

Just listen to the intro to LA Woman and you'll know soon enough. I got the Perception box set for $69 brand new, its much better value than this download.

16. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm really surprised to see the last two albums on there. They don't seem to be available separately. I don't know if I'd want to buy the rest of them again, but I'd love to have both Other Voices and Full Circle in high-rez.

17. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

The preview of "Strange Days" is the original mix.

I hate to be a complainer, but I wish you could get the individual albums separately. I wouldn't want all of them, but there's two or three I'd spring for in a hi-rez original mix.

18. weirdo12

weirdo12 Forum Resident

That means that no source info was provided to HDtracks. Seriously. That's the answer.

19. The only things certain in life...Death, Taxes, and The Doors reissues.

Dave's SG likes this.
  20. DreadPikathulhu

At least this one offers something different by acknowledging that both Other Voices and Full Circle belong in the Doors catalog. Too bad you've got to pay $100 to hear them in high-rez, though they have been on iTunes for some time.

21. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That was my question. I only want Other Voices and Full Circle, as I will be getting the Analogue Productions SACDs and already have the Perception box set.

I am curious about the sources used for Other Voices and Full Circle, seeing as there are no legitimate digital releases to draw from. Were they mastered fresh from the original tapes? Are they needledrops? Did someone upsample a bootleg CD?

22. DreadPikathulhu

Both Other Voices and Full Circle were released on iTunes by Rhino earlier this year. They sound like they are from a good source.

23. Pants Party

Pants Party MOSTLY PEACEFUL

I already have the Perception box too -- just wondering the following...

1. How do we know (or don't we yet) that the APOs SACDs will sound better
    2. Are the HDTrack Downloads the same as the Perception box?

24. glenecho

glenecho Forum Resident

I just ordered this from HDTracks after several days of obsessing. I don't have a SACD player and don't really want one so this release intrigues me. Downloading now. I will try to answer some of the questions about the sources but it may be difficult as I don't have the Perception box. Some peak levels may or may not help to determine if they are the same source I suppose...not sure.

25. fortherecord

fortherecord Senior Member

So, one buys these to store on a computer or hard drive that may be outdated soon or crap out someday, rather than buying an SACD, which will last forever? I don't get this paying for digital files thing at all. Computers and audio is just not in my realm at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.