What is coming in 2010 from Audio Fidelity

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter K, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ubsman

ubsman Active Member

Is there no way out without paying $300 termination fee?

2. rich121

rich121 Forum Resident

Like it or not, it's how I feel.

5 titles in a year is pitiful, when you compare to the 20 CD titles, my opinion...

Rick

3. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

A $300 termination fee?

That sound ridiculous....why would they do that.

Was this fee known when you signed up?

I'm a happy 24K member
    I am not aware of any fee to terminate (which I do not plan to do).

4. -Ben

-Ben Senior Member

:rolleyes:

Ubsman's joking.

5. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

:hide:

My wife's right.....I am too gullible...sorry.

6. klonk

klonk Forum Resident

No, this is really not a exciting title, that Judas Priest one that is.

7. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Me too, I do not like Judas Priest at all. :wave:

:cheers:

8. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I'm happy :righton:

9. Drew

Drew Senior Member

There was a period in the middle of the decade where people were complaining
    that there weren't ANY titles being released. Now they're complaining about
    WHAT titles are being released. You can't win.

10. I have not lost interest, but there hasn't been a title I've really looked forward to, since The Pretenders 'S/T', and that one, unfortunately, had a major "fubar".

As for Judas Priest, S&G, and Randy Newman, the only one that appeals to me is 'S&G'. The Judas Priest title is ok, but I have zero interest in Randy Newman. If AF does another S&G title, I hope it's 'Bridge Over Troubled Water'. 2010 will most likely be the year I decide to remain a subscriber, or not.

11. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

J.J. Cale that would sell well on gold discs are Troubadour, Really, Naturally, 5, and Okie (especially Naturally, Troubadour and Okie)

12. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

I am not real excited about the Judas Priest release myself. But I know that every release that AF does will not always be my cup of Tea too, so I will take what they give us. I have been pretty happy with most all the stuff prior to the JP . I am just glad at the rate the Gold Discs are coming out now!

13. Adular Zech

Adular Zech Forum Resident

Whooopee! :goodie: :cheers:

But the printing on the labelside of the CD makes me think...why is Killing Machine No 9? Should be 8 in the original tracklist, which is provided by AF, too. Mistake or has a bonus been inserted??

14. vintage_tube

vintage_tube Enjoying Life & Music

Email received this afternoon from AF regarding some changes for 2010:

Hello Everybody, And Happy 2010!

I want to share with you the changes we're making in the New Year.

We far surpassed our sales goals for 2009, and as a result of that, we're in a better position with our manufacturing costs. We will be passing some of the benefits on to our Platinum and 24K Gold Members. Our Platinum Members will now be receiving a 20% discount (previously a 15% discount) on all new releases and catalogue purchases. Our 24K Members will be receiving a 15% discount (previously a 10% discount) on all new releases and catalogue purchases. A great way to start off the year.

I know this has been mentioned on Steve Hoffman's Forum, and I've had several emails asking if we've changed our mastering philosophy. The answer is, NO. We have the same mastering philosophy that we followed at DCC, and have continued with our Audio Fidelity titles.

As an example, we were going to release the B52's self titled debut album on 24K, but when we learned the original masters couldn't be located, we decided to pass on the title. Same thing with the Rickie Lee Jones "Flying Cowboys"-- there is no analogue master available to us, so we passed.

We'll be making some changes in our 24K packaging. I think you'll like the new look.

We'll be changing the embossed numbers on the back of the packaging as well. As much as I love the look of the embossed numbers, it's caused us problems with regards to consistency and clarity of the numbers. We tried a number of methods in the printing process, and even made the embossing larger....still had issues.

Starting with our February releases, we will now be using gold foil numbered stickers, a la DCC.

We are now using these gold foiled numbered stickers on our vinyl releases. They come out perfect. No hitches, no glitches.

We have some great new titles lined up, and pending license requests in for some blockbuster titles I know you'll love.

We plan to be much more aggressive in the number of 180+ vinyl releases we bring to you in 2010.

2010 looks to be a golden year for Audio Fidelity and we want to thank you, and our Platinum and 24K Gold Club Members, for being part of the team.

Best to you in 2010!

Marshall

15. Bender Rodriguez

Bender Rodriguez RIP Exene, best dog ever. 2005-2016

No B-52's? Bummer. Maybe Wild Planet instead?

16. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident

I wonder if Rebel Yell is still planned?

17. Hasn't been mentioned in awhile--perhaps there's some mastertape issues.

18. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

:cry:

Was really looking forward to this one.....

19. I hope it is.

20. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Anyone hear any word on the Skynyrd replacement discs?

Wasn't Flying Cowboys supposedly going to be a MOFI release?

Love the track Rebel Yell but not so keen on most of the rest of the album.

21. ksmitty

ksmitty Senior Member

I received a Replacement Skynyrd Disk in the mail Saturday along with the "Hell Bent For Leather" so they are obviously sending them out now.

22. CaptBeyond

CaptBeyond Well-Known Member

I wholeheartedly agree. It's also my favorite Jethro Tull album and I've been waiting forever for MoFi or DCC/AF to give it the gold treatment it deserves.

But I must say, I'm happy to hear that the Asia S/T will be getting done by AF. However, it's not a slam-dunk. It's bad enough neither MoFi nor AF still use the lift-lock jewel case, but if it's the el cheapo, crappoh junko slim-line jewel case a la Rod Stewart's "Never A Dull Moment" and if it's not mastered by Steve Hoffmann, then FORGET IT, I won't buy it.

23. Yes. I believe this one was scrapped when they decided to release the Pirates SACD instead. If Flying Cowboys will be anywhere near as good I'll get a copy for sure.

24. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Flying Cowboys (UDCD 779) was cancelled by Mofi... no master tapes exist!

25. VinylNutz

VinylNutz Active Member

And Point of No Return too!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.