What is coming in 2010 from Audio Fidelity

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Peter K, Dec 5, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

If you haven't actually listened to those seminal 70's Stevie Wonder albums, then give them a chance. I ashamedly waited too long before discovering that that Stevie Wonder era was beyond remarkable, much more than what radio has given us.

2. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

You and me both. :righton:

3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Hells yeah! We need "Burn". I pledge to stop asking for more Deep Purple if they just to "Burn".

I got "Talking Book" to give Stevie a chance. Have never been a fan and was only familiar with a few of his hits. "Superstitious" was good, but I prefer the Red Hot Chili Peppers version. And that ballad "I Believe When I Fall In Love" is nice. But the rest of it did nothing for me. So I'm not buying anymore Stevie Wonder. I gave it a good faith try.

4. George P

George P Notable Member

If you can sell it to buy a copy of Fullfillingness First Finale, I suggest doing so.

Talking book is my least favorite of the Stevie albums that comprise Music of my Mind through Songs in the Key of Life. Fullfillingness First Finale is probably my favorite (Song in the Key of Life a close second) and I fail to see why it doesn't get the attention that the other ones do.

5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

I'm not gonna dump it. I'm okay buying some titles like this to help support AF. I bought both Simon & Garfunkel titles to see if I would like them any better than I expected. I didn't and it will be a long time until I play those again. I'm just not going to buy any more of the Stevie Wonder ones for now. But I'll play Talking Book again sometime. My opininion on it might change. Maybe when I get ooooooooooold, I'll even like the S&G! ;)

6. evad

evad Well-Known Member

Hey Roland......the only one I can think of is Second Helping from Lynyrd Skynyrd.

7. herky10

herky10 Forum Resident

Time for an avatar change, Roland - worked last time!

8. Drew

Drew Senior Member

Actually DCC Compact Classics did Queen "A Night at the Opera" after a few years after MFSL.

9. Ah, yes, you guys are correct, I forgot about those.

10. marantzbe

marantzbe Hyperactive!

:goodie:

11. marantzbe

marantzbe Hyperactive!

I like my WG full target, but I'm sure this one will be great.:righton:

12. mewdisk

mewdisk Member

I'll need to get this.

13. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

I'm sorry for being slow on the uptake folks but I'm not following all 35 pages of this thread- is Fullingness gonna happen for real? 'Cause I see a lot of mock-up image for what people WANT to be released.

If it is real, it's kind of a weird choice simply because it's the least popular of Stevie's peak albums. Of course SW is one of my favorite artists ever and Mind->Key of Life is like the pinnacle of pop music to me so I'd be thrilled with Fullingness gold CD and of course Key of Life would be awesome to finish the series.

14. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Yes, it's really happening.

15. acjetnut

acjetnut Senior Member

Real deal Hollyfield, and up for preorder: http://www.elusivedisc.com/prodinfo.asp?number=AFGCD108

16. Sheffield Steel

Sheffield Steel Forum Resident

Wow - "Fulfillingness" is coming out soon, is it! That's one of my top-3 Stevie albums (along with "Talking Book" and "Innervisions"). Not sure I'm too bothered about Phil Collins "No Jacket" album. I would have thought "Face Value" would be the more obvious choice - the original vinyl has a lovely mastering sound, very dark and warm and soulful, and although it was given a nice Atlantic Gold CD release in the 90s (which I have) it's no match for the AF/DCC sound.

Still, all good news!

17. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

Face Value shipped already :)

18. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

I have an Audio Fidelity 24 kt gold CD of FACE VALUE. :help:

19. George P

George P Notable Member

And I would have thought the superb mastering by Barry Diament would satisfy even the most picky of audiophiles. I use it as a demonstration CD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.