Bought a "Target" Cd Today For $3.99...What's the Cheapest Target Purchase For You?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by houston, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Sometimes yes and sometimes no, and very frequently the mastering is identical to later more common pressings.

2. spencer1812

spencer1812 Forum Resident

Houses of the Holy today at a garage sale. $1.00

3. A.G. Pennypacker

A.G. Pennypacker Forum Resident

Cheapest I can recall is about $4, which was a Fleetwood Mac Rumours West German Target that I found just a few weeks ago. I'd been looking for it since a couple months after joining here, so my jaw dropped when I found it in the store.

4. Demolition Man

Demolition Man Forum Resident

$2 for 90125 by Yes at my Salvation Army.

5. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

not sure I remember which it was but do remember it being $2.99 .

6. $6 was the cheapest.

7. andyinstal

andyinstal Runner for Others

$2 Carly Simon Best of in the clearance bin at Half Price Books

8. andyinstal

andyinstal Runner for Others

winner!

9. maxwelledison1

maxwelledison1 Senior Member

Picked up Robin Gibb Secret Agent at a CD Warehouse several years back and got it for free because I had 10 punches on my buy 10 get 1 free card. Several months later found an Abbey Road Black Triangle for $5 at the same store. I expected gongs to go off as I left the store with that one.

10. leir

leir Forum Resident

Van Halen - 1984 $4

11. rock76

rock76 Forum Resident

Same title for $5.25 recently.

Japan for US pressing.

12. leir

leir Forum Resident

That's the one

13. pdovore

pdovore Forum Resident

For online? Say about 3US plus shipping - so perhaps 9US overall.
    Locally around 2 US used in excellent condition lowest. Locally none over around 10US in the last 2 years.

14. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Seems that many posters in this thread have found their targets at second hand music shops at typical used cd prices. Anyone know of stores that charge "collectors" prices for target cds?

15. pdovore

pdovore Forum Resident

What a huge score - congrats!
    I've been looking for a "Made in || West Germany" copy for around 6 months now for a good price. Finally found one the other day for $35 and I was pleased. :thumbsup:
    But you got a steal there..

16. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

I don't own any and I worked in a record store for 5 years that had a huge used CD section. Of course looking at the titles I am sure at the time I wouldn't have cared (I was mostly into electronic and indie music then but have since expanded to just about everything). I can't imagine how many must have passed through there during my time but oh well. I know I missed some even better vinyl.

17. cparamo

cparamo Active Member

The cheapest I've paid was $3 for the red target Neil Young Harvest. :thumbsup:

[​IMG]

18. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Now THAT'S the big winner of this thread! Though you KNOW it'll be worthless after 9/9, right? :D

19. mplund

mplund Forum Resident

I'm envious of the Secret Agent disc. I only started looking for it in the last couple of years, but I have to wonder if I have EVER flipped past it in the bins since I started looking for used CDs in the mid '90s.

20. The Rush Fan

The Rush Fan Well-Known Member

Yesterday, looking through the extreme bargain bins, I picked up Foreigner's Agent Provocateur for $1.95 (minus 5% discount!). It's pretty beat up, but I also picked up Genesis' Abacab in mint condition, smooth-sided case and all for $2.95.

21. anyone have some for sale, reasonably, please pm, am looking for "flat master" material. Thanks.

Mods - if this is in the wrong section, or inappropriate, please feel free to delete. Thanks.

22. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

It didn't come exactly cheap but I just picked up a Queen - The Game WG target CD in NM condition for about $9 at a store in Osaka.

:wave:

23. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

Actually,

I wonder how many of these will turn up in the used bins in September???

I have seen a number of West German Beatles pressings turning up at stores here in the last few weeks, so people are starting to make room.

24. dcathro

dcathro Forum Resident

Nice one!:righton:

25. ashlee5

ashlee5 Senior Member

To think that I was excited having to pay "only" $136 for my copy on eBay. :D

:wave:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.