Bought a "Target" Cd Today For $3.99...What's the Cheapest Target Purchase For You?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by houston, Aug 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houston

houston Forum Resident Thread Starter

picked up Judy Collin's "Judith" for that price...haven't played it yet, it was lost for 2 hours after I brought it home, my baby daughter had walked off with it, I found it under her toy keyboard :confused: :wave: any one else have a great Target purchase?

2. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Nothing under $6.

Actually, at that store, if you bought 10 they gave you the next one free - so maybe I can say $5.50. ;)

3. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

I bought: Donald Fagen "Nightfly" and ELP "Pictures at an Exhibition" at 4.99 each a few months ago at the same store, the same day.

Fullbug likes this.
  4. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store)

I buy em for $1 used. Some have scratches, but they all play completely.

Vinyl Addict likes this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Man, I don't know what the cheapest target I ever bought was. I know I got the Stones' "Still Life" cheap because I never much liked the album and only bought it to be a completist, so I'm sure I wouldn't have spent more than five or six bucks on it. I had no idea what a target WAS when I got it, much less that it was a rare one. Anyway, that's probably my cheapest target - hard to say...

6. Scott Strobel

Scott Strobel Forum Resident

Free with a buy 3 and get one free deal!!! The Pretenders - Learning To Crawl Cd. Just got it Friday while visting Fresno, CA Ughh!!!!!Fresno, not the deal!!

7. ricks

ricks Senior Member

Free, so to speak. At my local CD shop the deal for "club" members is buy 3 get 1 free. During a recent visit, I found my first target in the wild, since it was the least expensive of the 4 CD's it was free. Otherwise it would have been $4.99

Rick

8. Just bought a close to mint copy of Sweet Baby James for $3.99 last weekend...

Tjazz likes this.
  9. Pickoid

Pickoid Forum Resident

Most of the ones I have (probably a dozen or so), I found in the clearance bins at Half Price Books. They were usually priced at $1 - $3. Without a doubt, my coolest $1 find was The Digital Domain: A Demonstration on Elektra. Disc and booklet are mint, and it even still has the circular insert warning about "extreme dynamic range." :righton:

10. billdcat

billdcat Well-Known Member

I got ABBA's Greatest Hits for $6.oo years ago at a Record Show
    in Jacksonville Florida.

Didn't really know anything about targets back then,
    except they were early CD releases and this one was out of print.

11. chrswlkrc

chrswlkrc New Member

I found a mint Dire Straits "Love Over Gold" target at a booksale for $2. :)

12. mrbillswildride

mrbillswildride Internet Asylum Escapee 2010, 2012, 2014

Having only just discover Targets this year, here, :shake: :sigh: :agree: I found my first two Targets a few months ago, for only 7.97 each, Court and Spark and Led Zeppelin IV, both German.

In a Target related query, I found one last week, best of dobbie Bros, for 6.99, but it was a made in the USA, is there such a think as a US Target? it has the marks, but was only black and white, like a half target... anyone???

cheers,
    :cheers:
    mrbill

13. hi_watt

hi_watt The Road Warrior

I have a Genesis "And then there were three" Target US pressing. I was curious about this too. Has the channels reversed just like the WG Target.

14. OldJohnRobertson

OldJohnRobertson Martyr for Even Less

:laugh: I was born and raised in Fresno. Fresno's a great town, but it has its downsides, like any big city. There's no place in California I'd have rather grown up, though. :) The nice thing about Fresno is that it's so far away from what the rest of the world thinks of when they think of California. It's so far from the crunchiness of the bay area, the superficial fakeness of LA and the laziness of San Diego. :D

Where'd you pick up the disc?

15. mrbillswildride

"There's no place in California I'd have rather grown up. :)"

Dude, no disrespect intended, but are you kidding? Have you ever been west of Fresno over to the Central Coast of California? It smokes Fresno, which seems to be quickly outpacing Bakersfield as the new LA in the valley... Now that they have the new freeway in there, I can take the 41 to 180 to 168 and not even have to get off on Shaw to get though there asap to get to the High Sierras.... :righton: I just can't put that city high on my list of great places to grow up in and live in in CA.... :shake:

SLO County is just about the best kept secret in California...:shh:

16. JuanTCB

JuanTCB Senior Member

Same here. Bought a used copy off amazon marketplace last year for a buck or two and when I got it, lo and behold...

17. OldJohnRobertson

I spent lots of time on the Central Coast, mainly the Monterey and Salinas area as that's where my grandmother lived (Castroville, to be exact). I never cared for a) all the summer traffic from visitors to the region and b) the morning overcast every single morning that never burned off before noon. No thanks. If I ever had to live back in California again (God, let's hope not), I'd probably go back to Fresno before anywhere else. Yes, the new freeways are nice and it allows people from the south to get to Yosemite without ever getting off the highway. Of course, if you're coming to Yosemite from the north, you'd take the all-year entrance (route 140). :D I grew up about two miles from Shaw & 99. :) Ah, that drive out 168 towards Shaver Lake and Huntington Lake...beautiful country up there too! :D

18. Scott Strobel

Scott Strobel Forum Resident

I got the disc at the new Rasputin's store that replaced the old Tower records store at the same location on Blackstone. I have to make the Fresno journey at least a couple of times a month. That's one of my stops for browsing while in the area.

Fresno does have a few things going for like you mentioned. I just can't handle the air quality there and also the heat sometimes. I was fortunate this past weekend, as it was fairly clear and mid 90's while I was there.
    I live over in the Monterey bay area and I guess I'm acclimated to the ocean air and temperatures.
    Fresno is growing fast these days or it was, until the housing bust. Still, it's more affordable there than most California cities.
    If you don't mind the air and heat issues of course. :sigh:

19. OldJohnRobertson

Yeah the air can get pretty bad, but it's still nothing compared to the L.A. haze. :D You learn to deal with the heat. After you spend a year or two in it, you get used to it and you don't notice it really. I'd take 100 degrees in Fresno over 90 degrees here in Rhode Island because at least in Fresno there's almost never any humidity. :D

That Rasputin store is great. I went back to Fresno last October and found a few Stones SACDs that I wanted there. That's a great store. I hope it does well. I have many fond memories of 10 years ago, just before I moved to RI, I'd make the trip down to Bullard and Blackstone 2 or 3 nights a week sometimes (I lived near Bullard and Golden State) to Tower Records to buy music. Great times. :) No responsibilities in life and lots of disposable income. Yes those were the days. :D

20. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

Led Zeppelin - Houses of the holy $5.99 (AUD) :) off of ebay.

I don't think the seller knew what it was, I didn't know I was buying a target at the time either. It was a nice suprise for me when I opened it!

Fullbug likes this.
  21. billnunan

billnunan Forum Resident

I got Rod Stewart's greatest hits for $5 yesterday and, in another store, 30 minutes later got Led Zeppelin IV for $8. About a month ago I found a Japanese Dire Straits debut for $2.50.

I recently discovered that my copy of Lindsey Buckingham's "go Insane" is a target. I bought it at least 10 years ago and never opened it. That was even better than the $2.50 Dire Straits.:)

Tjazz likes this.
  22. mrbillswildride

Yeah, Monterey, Santa Cruz area can be quite crowded, tourist and trafffic, but I;m south of there,s till nice and quiet here, realitively... and on this side of the grade we dont get that morning fog, more like the valley heat.... i'm sure Freson was nice, but the smog in the central alley is oppresive to me everytiime I'm driving through it headed to the mountains (or like today, to Utah...) As for the road to Shaver and Huntington, we took it all the way to the end, John Muir Wilderness, Lake Edison, VVR, where I met me wife and started my family, 20 years ago... Dinkey Creek? see summer vacation thread?

cheeers,
    :cheers:
    mrbill

23. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Yes, there are a few U.S. made Targets floating about. That Doobies disc is actually pretty rare. . .

24. Dave G.

Dave G. Forum Resident

I scored a mint Japan target of Donald Fagen 'The Nightfly' for $5.99 yesterday.
    It's a keeper.

25. LouReed9

LouReed9 Village Idiot

I unfortunately do not own or have ever heard a Target disc personally. Heard OF them of course. Do they really sound that good?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.