Crosby, Stills and Nash Gold CD Mastering: A day with our gracious host. PICS @ #119

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by thxphotog, Oct 18, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

Missed the photos. Hopefully they will be back.

Pat

2. I hope being vegetarian doesn't disqualify me from someday attending one of these events.

3. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

4. mayoski

mayoski Forum Resident

This gent just got back into town (literally), and I agree - worth it for the burger!!

You may.

Gracious is the word. Made me feel right at home. I would live there if they would let me! I would empty their trash every week. In fact, I offered to do that very thing after lunch - but in the interest of complete disclosure I have to report that Stephen did it himself.

Not lost on me either. Still hard to believe that I had the incredible good fortune to be part of this experience.

At this point, still not sure what details I should publish here, (obviously can't share any pics either right now), so I won't be going into any detail, but I think I can safely/cryptically say that one of the MANY highlights of the session for me involved the David Crosby gibberish between "Suite: Judy Blue Eyes" and "Marrakesh Express". Hopefully more to come?

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

great time! great burger!...who could want for more! glad you guys got the opportunity to see a master at work...I would have loved to be there.:)

6. Michael

missed them as well...patience.:)

7. Michael

you can have the veggie parts.:D
    I'm sure someone will take the burger...

8. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Do you mean you never noticed it before?

9. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

No, that's not what he's talking about. Our guests know the CS&N album inside and out.

There are several versions on the reel at the end of the side. We spent a 1/2 hour reviewing the chatter and figuring out which was correct one. Not exactly glamorous work but it needed to be done..

10. TooLoudASolitude

TooLoudASolitude Forum Resident

I would love to hear Steve master If I Could Only Remember My Name as well. I think it would be a good seller.

11. Khojem

Khojem Forum Resident

Love it! Hope the photos clear legal.

12. JA Fant

JA Fant Well-Known Member

Right on, a great cheeseburger is always worth any trip!

13. Steel Horse

Steel Horse Forum Resident

I really envy you guys whom could attend the mastering session. Anyway I heard that Audio Fidelity Premium Club members will receive a complimentary burger in the next batch of discs (CSN)......... :D

14. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

I want one of those burgers here in Ohio, when I sit down to play Steve's new CD, do you think that they ship those burgers "long distance"?

15. Done A Ton

Done A Ton Birdbrain

Is Stephen Marsh related to mastering engineer Richard Marsh?

16. jukin

jukin Forum Resident

17. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Clearly the correct solution is "all of them"...

So was that edited in after a copy was made? I guess they never actually cut any LPs from the masters?

18. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Look, it's all guess work. I believe when Mary-Kesh Xpress was cut for a 45 they removed the chatter and stuck it at the end of the reel where it stayed for 40 years. An "alternate" version was spliced back in place, incorrectly. The correct chatter was still at the end of the reel.

19. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

That makes sense (assuming it isn't on the 45).

20. Schmeig

Schmeig Forum Resident

:laugh:

21. Schmeig

Schmeig Forum Resident

I'd love a chance to attend one of these sessions someday. Cheeseburgers, tape boxes - it sounds like music nerd heaven! :)

22. Gary Freed

Gary Freed Forum Resident

23. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

24. pdenny

pdenny 22-Year SHTV Participation Trophy Recipient

If any album deserves the SH "touch" it's this this one as it's all about the human voice. Don't know how I'm going to pay for it given all the box sets I need to get this season, but I'll find a way. :D

Kitchen24 is a gas! If food were sex, it'd be their meatloaf :love:

25. David P. Hill

David P. Hill Forum Resident

Excellent Steve! I respect your originality and craftsmanship! Also Elusive Disc has the CSN "couch album" Audio Fidelity release as being HDCD, is that a typo on their part? I remember you discontinuing that procedure months back. Can't wait to hear! It's been a "Long Time Gone", Long Time Waiting for this gem!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.