King Crimson 2009 re-issues CD / DVD stereo/5.1 all inclusive thread (Part 2)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by darkmatter, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heepsterandrey

heepsterandrey Forum Resident

I don't konw if it's been posted yet but ITCOCK will be reissued in vinyl by DGM!

2. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

3. Javimulder

Javimulder New Member

I've been playing In The Wake Of Poseidon a lot lately, getting re-acquainted... Once I'm past the very-similar-to-the-debut syndrome (which I always get the first time I play it after a long while of having it sit idle on the shelf), I love the record more and more with each listen...

Can't wait to get the 40th version in 3 weeks!

4. David.m

David.m Forum Resident

Is anyone able to advise if these DVD-A discs will allow the Lossless 24/96 stereo layer to be output via digital coax or will copyright protection prevent this?

5. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

Maybe I am just ignorant but I have never heard of copyright protection issues on the digital coax connection. I am aware of how protection is implemented in HDMI connections but not on SPD/IF or digital coax.

Do you know specific DVD-A discs with these problems?

6. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

There will be lossless stereo and if the previous discs were anything to go by the original and new stereo mixes will be included along with the surround mix for those that like that sort of thing

7. David.m

David.m Forum Resident

Sorry I wasn't clear, I already have the three 40th anniversary CD/DVD-A's so far released and will be getting the rest as released. From my research I believe that DVD-A 24/96 and above can be copy protected at the discretion of the disc producer, preventing the hi-rez from being output over coax/optical (just like SACD). If these King Crimson DVD-A's aren't copy protected I will be able to use a transport (like Oppo BDP83) to send the 24/96 stereo signal via coax into the DAC of my Playback MPS-5. If the discs are copy protected the hi-rez digital signal can only go out of a transport via HDMI (this is my understanding anyway). Hopefully someone can advise the situation with these discs.

8. apesfan

apesfan "Going Ape"

It also depends on the player. I have two Pioneer bluray players 51d and 320. The 51d ouptuts 24/96 on some discs on the coax(SPDIF) and the 320 downrez's to 24/48 on all 24/96 discs at the coax(SPDIF) output. The analog outputs on both players do the same resolution as the coax outputs(SPDIF) outputs. Called pioneer and got some dumb answers. The output resolutions are mentioned near the back cover directions of both players. Every player is different and every disc is different, or can be...good luck...John M.:wave:
    I play either the Cd through my Esoteric sa50 or the DVD-audio through my old Denon 2200. Wonderfull either way.

9. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Still maintain that bass is woefully underrepresented in the first batch of discs.

10. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

11. Music Geek

Music Geek Confusion will be my epitaph

I have just received an email from HMV. They have shipped the two new CD/DVD-As. If all goes well I have a plan for the weekend :)

12. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Really? Even on burningshed.com Islands and Poseidon are to be released on October 11th...

13. AndyH

AndyH Forum Resident

Status "Packing" at play.com

14. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

I got an email from Burningshed that they are now in stock (as of September 28).

15. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

OK, cool!

16. privit1

privit1 Senior Member

Burning shed have 'tweeted' that they are packing them right now.

17. RayistaGeoff

RayistaGeoff Forum Resident

Wish they would change their website then from 'preorder'. Since they charge shipping, and charge preorders as separate shipments, I have visions of trying to order them with some other stuff and ending up with their system charging me double (or triple) shipping. S'pose I can wait a week or two, really.

Geoff

18. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

I pre-ordered from Burning Shed long ago.

Email to me from Burning Shed yesterday - Islands shipped.
    Today - Wake shipped.

19. maxnix

maxnix Forum Resident

Didn't get an email, but checked the website with my transaction ID number . . . both are on the way as of today!

20. Burnt

Burnt Well-Known Member

I also had the same thing happen. Strange that they would ship each one a day apart from the other.

21. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

So does that mean they sent them separately...will you get dinged twice for shipping ?

I should visit Burning Shed, it's about time I sprung for a couple of these KC re-issues (and I still need Porc.Tree's FOABP too)

22. seg763

seg763 Senior Member

same here.

23. Burnt

Burnt Well-Known Member

In my experience the original shipping charge at checkout is the only thing I've ever been dinged for, no matter how many packages they divide your order up into.

24. seg763

seg763 Senior Member

no, I got charged long ago, and they also sent Porcupine Tree - Recordings separately.

they are like amazon in that respect that they send it out as it is ready.

weird that the 2 KC's were sent under separate cover 1 day apart though.

I guess burningshed has become a big operation and all this stuff is automated by computers.

25. PaulT

PaulT Spuzzum

No - I prepaid for them end of July I believe. They sent them separately but I already paid for the shipping (together).

I've bought all of the KC and all of the PT 5.1 from Burning Shed. Great service. The only issue is they charge your CC on order date, not on shipping date.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.