King Crimson - In The Court Of The Crimson King 200g Vinyl Reissue

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by zardozislove, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zardozislove

zardozislove Senior Member Thread Starter

New from DGM.

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=dgm&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=67226588&Count2=984367012&ProductID=1158&Target=products.asp

One of the most anticipated & frequently requested high quality vinyl reissues finally returns to the 12" format.

Featuring the original 1969 stereo mix, Pressed on 200 gram super-heavyweight vinyl.

Newly cut from masters approved by Robert Fripp Complete with the original iconic gatefold sleeve Contains bonus MP3 codes giving access to a download of a transfer of an original 1969 pressing.

In The Court Of The Crimson King has been unavailable on vinyl for 20 years.

2. Brakeman

Brakeman New Member

wow. this looks awesome.

3. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

$30 looks pretty reasonable compared to finding an original U.K. Island pressing in good shape. I will eagerly await positive reports on the sound :pineapple:

4. SergioRZ

SergioRZ Well-Known Member

5. AaronW

AaronW Senior Member

About time someone reissued this, I'm looking forward to it!

6. jimbags

jimbags Forum Resident

ding dang doo

7. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

[LLOYD BRIDGES] "Looks like I picked the wrong week to quit vinyl" [/LLOYD BRIDGES]

8. Gizmondi

Gizmondi New Member

They had better do this right or the fan base will rip DGM to shreds.

Hey I love DGM, and I think Fripp runs a great operation for fans, but this better be an all analog transfer with no DAW futzing, compression, brickwalling, etc., or all hell is gonna break loose.

BTW - I bought that 40th anniversary box set last year and they clearly did not have access to the original cover painting. I hope they have cleared that up by now.

9. John Buchanan

John Buchanan I'm just a headphone kind of fellow. Stax Sigma

Interesting - apparently Robert Fripp has possession of the Barry Godber original after rescuing it from hanging on an office wall fading slowly in the sun.

10. SergioRZ

I can see more and more stuff like this coming in the next 3 or 4 years... There is a big market for well produced (AAA) vinyl with great mastering work from original tapes, specially 60s and 70s classic "rock" stuff...

More and more studios seem to be concerned about this and it's not just cutting vinyl, it's also about having a full analog setup. Those who don't have it, but want it, might be working on it to fulfill market demand in the coming years. :righton:

Other KC albums might follow soon. I just hope they do it right and meet this "special" market expectations.

11. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

I think you're too optimistic. I see the window of opportunity closing in maybe a year or two. The market is really getting flooded with reissue vinyl product now...

12. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

This statement makes me believe that it will not be an all analog release "Newly cut from masters approved by Robert Fripp".
    On the other hand While I have a mint original pink label, I really like the hi-Rez remaster.

13. I was mightily impressed with S. Wilson's stereo remix too. Who woulda thunk it?

14. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

It's terrific. Really brought out so much more of what was going on with that lineup. SW nailed it.

Here's hoping the upcoming Larks' stereo remix is as revelatory.

15. mistermuse

mistermuse Forum Resident

Even if it is an all analog affair you have to wonder about the condition of the 40+year old master tapes. No mention of a release date either.

16. Lord_Gastwick

Lord_Gastwick Forum Resident

I want it.

17. PatrickO'Donnell

PatrickO'Donnell Active Member

Given the relative scarcity of high-quality copies of this record I'll gladly take a well-mastered, well-pressed digitally sourced version at the offering price. Obviously I've got my fingers crossed for an all-analog source path though.

18. Billy Infinity

Billy Infinity Beloved aunt

I like it!

Geordiepete likes this.
  19. Skyflash

Skyflash Forum Resident

*Drool*

Damn I'm getting a turntable now.

20. haste

haste Forum Resident

Just saw this in a Burning Shed email.
    Have been waiting for this one for a while now. I hope it's done right.

"Preorder now for 18th October release."

(on a side note, I'm disappointed to see PT's In Absentia has gone out of stock on the Burning Shed site. I would've liked to have ordered it along with ITCOTCK since their shipping prices are so insane.)

21. SergioRZ

It happens often that items go in and out of stock and then back in, on BS website... just email them about it, or check back every week. :righton:

22. tinymontgomery

tinymontgomery Forum Resident

23. KeninDC

KeninDC Hazy Cosmic Jive

I'm buying.

24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I agree. They have hi-res files, it's too easy just use those files rather than bringing out the old tape.

25. John Moschella

John Moschella Senior Member

We'll have to wait and see.

I don't have an original pink Island and every other pressing I've heard is pretty crappy. The MOFI was one of the worst they ever did, really bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.