Paul McCartney One Hand Clapping - Jun 14 2024 - *

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmxw, Apr 17, 2024.

1. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Oh, which One Hand Clapping items aren’t sold outside the US?

2. No Bull

No Bull Forum Resident

:D:winkgrin::uhhuh:

Laugh of the day. So true.

3. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

All of the merchandise, apparently. Crewneck, T-Shirt, Poster, Tote Bag.

supermd likes this.
  4. Chee

Chee Forum Resident

He needed money years before his death. He long ago sold his publishing.

5. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

?

6. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I find threads like these interesting but also kind of funny. :D

I always assume the MPL crew spends way less time obsessing about every release date and possible anniversary tie-in etc., etc., than the folks do here, unless it’s a super biggie like a Band On the Run anniversary etc

I seriously doubt things like making money for Denny Laine or worrying about what gets released first etc., gets examined and compared in forensic detail like it does here .

My possible scenario;
    A better version of One Hand Clapping surfaces.
    MPL board member # 3 mentions it to senior MPL board member #1 .

Board member #1 is unaware it was available on DVD previously or mentions the nicer version has surfaced to Paul when he sees Paul walking down the hall at MPL.

Paul says ..”nice, Maybe make a release of some sort out of it. I’m headed to the studio.. Let me know what you come up with. Have a good day”.

End of story .
    :laugh:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    Sean Murdock, ARK, Drewzel and 18 others like this.
  7. kohoutek

kohoutek Forum Resident

I am very pleased to see this set and appreciate very much learning about it here. Well done, one and all.

8. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

At the 42 minute mark, Allan Kozinn talks about the upcoming One Hand Clapping release, and the way he explains it makes me feel slightly better about not getting a blu ray release and more excited for volume 2 of McCartney Legacy

9. Paul Gase

Paul Gase Everything is cheaper than it looks.

I love Sally G. When the Juniors Farm was charting, Sally G was in rotation on my Mom’s fave adult talk show/easy listening station which she had on in the house all day. Was cool hearing Sally G on the radio. The station loved it.

10. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan Thread Starter

:agree:

Yes, I was just noticing the difference between "shop" and "store"...

Store has One Hand Clapping.
    Shop has a Lennon and a Starr disc I was interested in.

It'd be nice to combine them into one order and pay $0 shipping... [so, hopefully Shop gets it's OHC up soon!]

Curious...

Note: searching for One Hand Clapping in the Shop gets one hit which brings up this: Women To The Front 2021 - uDiscover – uDiscover Music :wtf:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2024
    mrjinks likes this.
  11. Bruce M.

Bruce M. Forum Resident

If you were around in '74, "Sally G" got a decent amount of radio play in some markets. I know I heard it on the radio in the L.A. area. But I think it was uneven, and certainly not as much as "Junior's Farm."

kohoutek, crossroads69 and supermd like this.
  12. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

We moved to just outside Nashville 2 years before Paul came to town.
    I was 15 and barely remember any press on he and Linda.
    Wish I could remember more.

No Bull likes this.
  13. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Having read McCartney Legacy I, do you really believe that he is this disinterested and uninvolved in how his musical output is presented to the public?

I sort of get the angle that he doesn't really come up with the 50 color variations or stupid cardboard suitcases and whatnot. I have no trouble believing that MPL has a standing order to extract as much money from fans as is humanly possible and push the limits (as yet seemingly unreached) of absurdity to do it.

But I absolutely do not believe that he merely signs off on the release of his life's work at the whim of hired suits.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2024
    Bruce M. likes this.
  14. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

Still waiting for some interesting releases from the Macca archives. That early '70s barrel has been scraped, time for the '77-'79-era!

Lewisboogie likes this.
  15. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

I was being a bit sarcastic but my point is.. I’m not sure how involved he is with the ins and outs and release dates of things like One Hand Clapping.
    This isn’t a new album ala McCartney III or Egypt Station, where I’m sure he’s much more involved, interested and hands on with pretty much every facet of the release.

But One Hand Clapping is a little blip of a release really, basically for we nerds here in McCartneyville.

I can see him delegating much of the responsibility to others to get this project together and then he makes suggestions or whatever.

Paul seems to be doing a zillion things at once so I’ll be the first to admit that I’m not sure how much time and thought he spends on this kind of release, but I don’t think anyone else here really knows either .:D

But as I’ve mentioned, things talked about here like getting this released to raise money for Denny Laine’s family, or other suggestions seem very unlikely in MPLs or Paul’s scheme of things, IMO.

16. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Oh, I agree with the motivation part of it. McCartney doing anything to help the progeny of a guy he relegated to hotel banquet room performances in the last years of his life is highly unlikely. McCartney contractually owed him nothing for his Wings work, and that's what he got right up until the end.

ARK and Glenn Christense like this.
  17. jmxw

jmxw Fab Forum Fan Thread Starter

I bought the single in 1974.

Played the heck out of Junior's Farm! Sally G, not so much.

But I've recently really come to appreciate how cool the bridge is on SG. It's one of those, sounds like a whole other song stuck in the middle... I like it more than I did in 1974.

18. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

McCartney didn't relegate Laine to anything! The man chose his own path after Wings!

19. jacden

jacden Senior Member

... Which is perfectly fine. Paul shouldn't feel obligated to support his ex-band members financially for the rest of their lives just because his fanbase feels sympathy for them. Denny made his own choices and was responsible for his own life, just like all of us.

ARK, DrAftershave, Eska68 and 7 others like this.
  20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

One Hand Clapping is scraping the bottom of the barrel? Couldn’t disagree more.

21. dunkoid

dunkoid Forum Resident

Denny relegated himself. He earned good money and blew it, no one to blame but himself for the situation he found himself in.

ARK, DrAftershave, supermd and 4 others like this.
  22. vinyl_marmalade

vinyl_marmalade New Member

not as sold out as you might think... it is again available (April 25): uDiscover Store Germany - Der Music Shop

Ludger likes this.
  23. merchandising

supermd likes this.
  24. Pauly56

Pauly56 Forum Resident

Correct. He chose to leave McCartney during TOW. This guy was playing in the Seattle Kingdome one day and in early 2000's, scheduled to play a free show in the parking lot
    of the Freehold , NJ municipal building (which ended up being cancelled due to weather). Another poster was correct, Denny also played in a small room in a hotel in Freehold.
    Talking about a fall from the heights. McCartney's current band knows a good gig when they see one and choose to stick with him. You won't get better than this.

25. bbanderic

bbanderic Forum Resident

So no new physical release of the video, best we can hope for is an official YouTube release. I wouldn’t count on them syncing the new stereo audio to the video, they didn’t do it on the official archive DVD (mono) and I don’t expect them to put in the work here either, will have to wait for the eventual fan project to get it done right.