Chad's Big Announcement - Atlantic 75th Series

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Leonthepro, Sep 13, 2023.

1. RandellG

RandellG Forum Resident

Peter HG and rochacrimson like this.
  2. keylime_5

keylime_5 Forum Resident

Atlantic doesn’t distribute AC/DC anymore , Columbia does, so they aren’t eligible to be a part of the series.

3. fjn04

fjn04 Forum Resident

Hmmm, that really is kind a bummer. Maybe someone will do AC/DC (and do I hear Black Sabbath singing in my head) in a good 33, full on AAA.

AP did Steely Dan, and there was no more ABC after Aja, Gaucho was MCA, Two Against was on Giant, and Everything Must Go
    on Reprise. So while I can understand these can't be released under the AP 75 Atlantic series, I'm sure someone could do
    the catalog.

keylime_5 likes this.
  4. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Bernie has already cut a big chunk of her catalog. She has a re-issue series with two boxes released already, all mastered by him.

5. RandellG

RandellG Forum Resident

Sorry.......should have clarified. Afraid we won't be hearing Bernie's work as 2x45 for the foreseeable future. I do have the single LP version of Bernie's Court & Spark and it does sound nice, as does the Chris Bellman Hejira. Probably passing on the MoFi One-Steps but interested in the SACDs if reviews are positive.

this_machine likes this.
  6. Peter HG

Peter HG Forum Resident

Thanks! I heard The Hissing of Summer Lawns for the first time only a month or two ago, and was blown away. Absolutely captivating, even better than Blue (at least for me, but am I even allowed to post such a sentiment? haha). Less pop, it has the hypnotic effect of Coltrane. Sonics on the OG are not worthy, so I had to track down Fremer's favorite reissue, and I definitely need the MoFi. As I've posted elsewhere, the MoFi Blue is excellent. I'm in for Court too

RandellG likes this.
  7. imsjry

imsjry Forum Resident

I have an original US pressing of Hissing and it sounds marvelous. What do you feel is “not worthy” about it?!

Geee! and teag like this.
  8. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I have Bernie's recent Joni Mitchell albums on Rhino and the MOFI Blue. But I have always felt that he really hit his peak in the late 90's and early 00's with Classic Records, and since the work has already been done, it would be nice if they could be released. But it's probably a no go since they they are coming out on MOFI.

9. Peter HG

Peter HG Forum Resident

Maybe I should have written "my OG", which I bought used and the gave a US cleaning. My copy is relatively dull sounding, like I could not quite hear into it. But just to be clear--I loved it. If it were a lesser album, I would have been fine. The Bellman is a significant step up, and I have my fingers crossed for the MoFi

Joni Mitchell Vinyl: Court and Spark, Hissing of Summer Lawns, Ladies of the Canyon *

imsjry likes this.
  10. The Black Cat

The Black Cat Furriest Demon

The Atlantic 75 deal is different altogether from any other reissue campaign AS/AP has ever done before, so it might not be up to Chad as to whether or not a particular title that is part of this series goes in to a hollowed-out encyclopedia with a broomstick for a handle.

Ketchup, little tomato.

11. Swordsandchains

Swordsandchains True metal never rusts

In regards to Led Zeppelin, in one of his videos around the start of the A75 campaign, Chad said Zeppelin didnt say yes but they didnt say no.

Also everyone keeps mentioning the extra 5 spots, one of those is Billy Cobham - Spectrum which wasnt part of the first 70 announced. And then he has mentioned another is a newer artist with a digital recording that he cant mention yet. So that leaves 3 open/unannounced spots, get Zeppelin out of your brain for taking up 5 spots.

caleb1138 likes this.
  12. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

It’s hilarious,

they do a 45 of the complete catalog all of us are buying it, it’s not even a discussion

13. chris8519

chris8519 Forum Resident

LZ I, II, III would fit nicely in those three spots and I’d be very happy. :laugh:
    Bump the Spectrum (wasn’t it just done on the Rhino series??) and replace with IV for even better results.

14. struttincool

struttincool Senior Member

Billy Cobham - Spectrum
    Sounds great, but could be a killer at 45rpm. Still a pass for me.

dachada, djost, hi_watt and 1 other person like this.
  15. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

In other words they are not returning his calls :)

16. Swordsandchains

That or their asking price is astronomical

brimuchmuze likes this.
  17. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

That….the ask is waaaaay to high…

18. Analogue Probe

Analogue Probe Well-Known Member

Are we still doing the Zeppelin/Chad/Classic Records parts talk? o_O If it happens one day great but not holding my breath.

supermd, VQR, Munger74 and 2 others like this.
  19. Strat-Mangler

Strat-Mangler Personal Survival Daily Record-Breaker

20. BKphoto

BKphoto JazzAllDay

Which is the problem, Jimmy actually believes his last effort is the best ever…

RandellG likes this.
  21. karmapolice

karmapolice Forum Resident

Chad will announce led zep only after sells as many Matchbox records that he can...and will announce led zep first title as Coda with no promises any more will get released

22. VQR

VQR Recovering AAA-holic

"Bob, it's Chad. Zep Classic parts are worn out. Come cut Zepplin on Doug Sax's cutting system in Salina. Call me back!"

23. Swordsandchains

[​IMG]

24. VQR

VQR Recovering AAA-holic

Seinfeld bass line, pressed at 78 RPM on UHQR Clarity vinyl

supermd, willyumlouis, Wnhlz and 2 others like this.
  25. Swordsandchains

*single-sided

willyumlouis and VQR like this.