Recent Activity

Activity stream for all registered members at Steve Hoffman Music Forums.

1. latheofheaven liked Nycademon's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

The 2011 Chris Bellman master is (reportedly) AAA and it's great! https://www.discogs.com/release/3099654-Black-Sabbath-Black-Sabbath-Vol-4 It's also a bit pricy now, because it's a mastering that Rhino has NOT been "repackaging into different...

May 20, 2024 at 1:33 AM
  2. latheofheaven replied to the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

It is indeed excellent! The only available WWA with the same runout as the original Vertigo but without the 'Pecko' is also very good, especially if you prefer the darker, original Vertigo sound. But, both are quite good, I am indeed keeping...

May 20, 2024 at 1:32 AM
  3. latheofheaven liked BS101's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Have you heard the CB cut from 2010? Hard to beat that.

May 20, 2024 at 1:31 AM
  4. latheofheaven liked sec4aa's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Black Sabbath S/T is my first from this Rhino HiFi, and I hope for more Black Sabbath albums in the future. I would like to see KG taking on Vol.4 because that album deserves better. I was not moved by the previous selections on this series, so...

May 20, 2024 at 1:31 AM
  5. latheofheaven liked 808_state's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I probably added that qualifier of "particularly" because of my slightly traumatic experience with the original green label ; ) I also really enjoy your commentary on the Sabbath thread and note that in some cases you prefer a darker sound which...

May 20, 2024 at 1:30 AM
  6. latheofheaven liked BKphoto's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

So those un-numbered copies weren’t just jackets that someone forgot to run through the process…not realizing that they weren’t numbered…or was it professor plum in the conservatory with the extra stamper…?

May 20, 2024 at 1:29 AM
  7. latheofheaven replied to the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Wait... Let me get this straight... Your Paranoid about the S/T...? I know... I know... couldn't resist :rolleyes:

May 20, 2024 at 1:29 AM
  8. latheofheaven liked hi_watt's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I got two copies of the Sabbath debut because I am paranoid about damaging one copy and not having a back up. That rule applies to me only with favorite albums in both CD and LP formats.

May 20, 2024 at 1:28 AM
  9. latheofheaven liked Steel Woole's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

All the time. Rhino is the catalog division of the Warner Music Group.

10. latheofheaven liked 4-2-7's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

In my opinion this Black Sabbath title is almost like Chad at AP letting us know that he is dropping the first title of Zep or Pink Floyd DSOTM and they are pressed and ready to ship. :righton: Then the fact if those are coming out their is...

11. latheofheaven liked 4-2-7's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

And the comparison of I don't have anything to compare it to but it sounds great. :winkgrin:

May 20, 2024 at 1:27 AM
  12. latheofheaven liked TwiceFan's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Until one forum member reports that it is “somewhat bright.” Then you will be selling all three. (Not you necessarily, but many will be.)

13. latheofheaven liked Zumbi's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

I just bought 3 copies of the new Black Sabbath debut. Was very expensive, since it's also shipping to Europe (Sweden), and that is not cheap! But I think it still be worth it, and I think I never have to buy another version of the Sabbath debut.

14. latheofheaven liked Ryan_Pretzel's post in the thread New Rhino Audiophile series announced: High Fidelity (inc. The Cars, John Coltrane) *.

Television and The Cars “self titled”. Although tutu and change of the century are awesome too. I’m a rock guy at heart so hearing The Cars title in this format was wonderful.

molar-endocrine