Good Deals on amazon.com (part3)

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by lv70smusic, Mar 14, 2014.

1. Heavy J

Heavy J Forum Resident

Was it the 2023 3 album version or the older double album version?

2. latheofheaven

latheofheaven My Pants are FULLY Analog...

Heh, I'm sorry Bro... I didn't intentionally mean to be a D*ck (usually I don't hafta try very hard :) )

I forget that many people use telephones for this whereas I don't. And, I know it can be a real pain to copy and paste a URL directly on a telephone.

My humble apologies, I didn't mean to come across so strongly. I think just that I've seen this so many times, I didn't take into consideration that for those using different devices it may not be as straightforward and simple as I thought.

And, a sincere 'Thank You' for the deal too, which is the main point as another posted above :tiphat:

Cheers!

Jaime.

3. latheofheaven

Good to know, thank you for clarifying that for me. I did apologize to @Heavy J o_O

hutlock likes this.
  4. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

2023 3 LP reissue.

Myke likes this.
  5. latheofheaven

No, no... just seen it so much I think I kinda jumped the gun there trying to make 'my point' Sorry about that... I do forget that most do not use PCs for this which is a LOT easier. I did apologize of course too to @Heavy J

black sheriff and hutlock like this.
  6. Heavy J

Heavy J Forum Resident

No problem! We are all good and everyone is just trying to help each other find some deals. Only good intentions.

7. latheofheaven

Very true... That IS indeed why we are here...

I think I'll go outside, tear my clothes off, and beat myself about the head and neck with a heavy object...

Or... I could have Sandra do it... :love:

hutlock, slipkid, Biff Jones and 2 others like this.
  8. Joe Bip

Joe Bip Well-Known Member

Back down to this price again for anyone who missed it. I'm interested but (s0 far) not deep enough into 1980s Ultravox to justify owning a set like this. According to reviewers on Discogs, the sleeves may fit tightly into the outer box. Hard to argue for under $30.

9. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Score!

[​IMG]

10. grouploner

grouploner Forum Resident

I am a big Ultravox fan from the first record through Rage In Eden, and although I purchased this record (at the low price) I just can't get into it as much as their previous releases. It's pretty commercial, and not as adventurous as their previous stuff (IMO). If it's something you're interested in, however, the set is well-done, and the live set has pretty decent sound.

As an aside though, I didn't pay much attention to the comments about the tight sleeves, but MAN -- they weren't kidding! I've not seen anything like this one before, I mean it REALLY takes a lot of effort to get the LP jackets out of the slipcase. I don't understand why a package designer would do this.

Fortunately there are 2 individual gatefold jackets holding the albums inside the outer slipcase, so the LP's can be stored without it for easier access.

latheofheaven and hutlock like this.
  11. MerseyBeatle

MerseyBeatle Martha my dear (1995-2012)

12. johnnyb1964

johnnyb1964 Treats please!

Awesome! Got em both! Keep the ebook deals coming.

13. SteakandBlackOnions

SteakandBlackOnions Forum Resident

For some reason I read this as "No Ragrets"- Ace Frehley's book $2.99

Amazon.com

Apologies to Lathe if the link is imperfect...

14. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Your link is perfect, sir. I'm sure that's not the first time you've heard it.

15. jazzsurfer

jazzsurfer Forum Resident

16. Aggie87

Aggie87 Gig 'Em!

I was surprised to see a new Tom Petty album out of the blue. But then realized it wasn't Tom Petty.

Acronyms.

17. latheofheaven

Hey, hey, HEY! C'mon now... we can all have bad days :D

Good post too mate! :righton:

18. latheofheaven

Heyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy... None of that now... :tsk:

19. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Damn that’s a great mistake !!!

latheofheaven likes this.
  20. George Blair

George Blair Senior Member

I didn't buy it right away. Looked it up on Amazon and was shocked at the $75 price tag, then went straight back and picked it up for $29. Nice package (no, not you latheofheaven) :winkgrin:

imarcq, slipkid, struttincool and 3 others like this.
  21. latheofheaven

[​IMG]

22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Good job ! I got the red as the blue has too much duplication as I have each album anniversary box already. Some even twice thanks to this thread ( LIB vinyl for example).

That’s LET IT BE for those baffled by acronyms.

23. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

And I’m confused as to why someone would use TP to signify a Sonny Rollins title, but whatever. It’s back up to regular price now apparently.

24. jazzsurfer

jazzsurfer Forum Resident

Cause it’s a Tone Poet

25. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

Well yeah, I know that… but here in the Amazon thread I imagine a lot of folks didn’t. Plus there are only, what, two TP CD titles and all the rest are vinyl only? Just saying a little extra clarity would have helped.

Kind of bummed I missed the deal even though I already have the vinyl version.