XRCDs coming in June - Blue Notes!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by monkboughtlunch, May 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. therockman

therockman Senior Member In Memoriam

Oh yeah, just in case anybody is curious I talked to a dude by the name of Andrew.

2. therockman

Joe, please get some information to elusivedisc so that we can begin subscribing.

3. monkboughtlunch

monkboughtlunch Senior Member Thread Starter

4. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Haven't bought any XRCD's yet but it looks as if I am about to start.

5. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Will there be titles that are not included on the Music Matters and Analogue Production 45RPM series?

6. therockman

No info yet over at elusivedisc.

7. therockman

You can log on to find out.

8. Topanga

Topanga New Member

Blue Note XRCDs and subscriptions...

Sorry about the less than stellar answer our newest employee Andrew gave you!
    He has been properly educated now and that won't happen again...my apologies!

I (Bob) am at the Munich Hifi show and will be back in the country June 4th....we had test pressings of the first 4 titles at the show and they were met with great enthusiasm...they sound great!

We have not finalized all the subscription details yet but will shortly after my return. We will then put all 25 individual titles up on our website and a subscription part to order as well....I will make a post on the forum as soon as we have all the info...you guys will be the first to know!

Thanks! Bob Bantz :edthumbs:

9. therockman

Wow! This is great news indeed. I am looking forward to this series, and I plan on subscribing so that I will not miss anything.

10. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Log on where?

11. monkboughtlunch

Hi Joe

Were you involved in the 2001 XRCD reissue of Chet Atkins In Hollywood. If so I was wondering if you could share your thoughts on this thread.

Here's the link:

http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=183883

We are trying to figure which version was definitive. It's rumored Atkins redid his guitar part and reissued the recording.

Did XRCD issue the original recording or the redo with new guitar parts? And which cover is correct?

[​IMG]

12. Joe Harley

Joe Harley Senior Member

Hi Monk,

Yeah, I was Creative Director for XRCD at that time. I remember some kind of debate about the cover at the time but when Akira Taguchi and I saw the gold lame' bullet bra job we were sold and never considered the other cover again.

I don't think any of us was aware that Chet had redone his guitar parts on this one. We requested a master, received a master, and that's what we went with for the release. The master we received was the redone one. (I hope I'm remembering this correctly!) Even if we had known about this, we would probably go with the redone parts since this was clearly an artist decision and intent.

So in this case, I think it's kind of useless to discuss which one was "correct". In some ways, they both are. Clearly, Chet thought the album important enough to want to redo his parts. The choice of which cover is "correct" also comes down to personal; preference IMO. We all liked the gold lame' babe so that's what we used.

Does this help?

cheers,

joe

13. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

It's hard to follow-up a gold lame bullet bra but I listened to my Alan Yoshida Relaxin XRCD tonight. Very nice sound on that one.

14. monkboughtlunch

Hi Joe

Is there a July release date for Soul Station?

15. Joe Harley

Joe Harley Senior Member

Hi Monk,

I'm in the middle of an XRCD Blue Note mastering marathon with Alan Yoshida at OceanWay Mastering as I write this. (We're doing Lee Morgan's Tom Cat today....Johnny Coles' Little Johnny C and Lou Donaldson's great LD +3 were transfered Thursday and Friday. Dexter Gordon's wonderful come back record "Doin' Allright" complete with some tasty added tracks, is up for Sunday.)

Hank Mobley's Soul Station and Sonny Clark's Cool Struttin' (with added tracks!) are set to be released in July. Wait till you see the gorgeous bound books, along with added session photos! We're very eager to get these out there for everyone to check out.

I think you'll understand my enthusiasm once you hear one of these.

cheers, :cheers:

Joe

16. Hello Joe,

sounds very exciting, looking forward to these releases.

17. deanswift58

deanswift58 New Member

Hi Joe,

Will EVERY MusicMatters 45s be issued on XRCD only the "Best Sellers"?

18. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

:help:

Just when you think it is safe to curtail your cd buyimg along comes another series to bankrupt you.

19. therockman

Thank you Bob. I just called Elusive Disc and spoke to Sam and arranged for my subscription to the series. I am looking forward to these XRCD's.

20. therockman

Sam indicated that I would receive a confirmation email or a phone call, but I have not received anything yet. Because Sam did not take my credit card information, I do not think that I am a subscriber. I have had nothing but hassles trying to subscribe to this series.

21. michaelO

michaelO Forum Resident

Therockman:

The first two XRCDs are slated for July. Did Elusive Disc give you a release date for these.? I have a suspicion that like the AP BN SACDs this series will face delays.

Michael

22. Thanks for the reminder, July would not be bad - I will check the elusive disc web-site.

23. therockman

I just called again and there is still no subscription information, but Sam did say that they expect the first shipment sometime in August.

24. PaulB

PaulB Forum Resident

Yes, the website http://www.audiowavemusic.com/AudioWaveMusicFlyer.html now has the first releases scheduled for August 2009.

25. therockman

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.