Would you buy a SH/KG Black Sabbath - Born Again 180 g vinyl release?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by erniebert, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I may be in the minority here, but if they were available, I'd get the entire Black Sabbath catalogue - at least the 19790's and 1980's material. I'd br umming and ahhhing over anything more recent.

2. Jeff Carney

Jeff Carney Fan Of Specifics (No Koolaid)

You wouldn't be in the minority over the 70s catalog, obviously. Probably not even the Dio-era.

This thread is weird in that it asks about a specific album that is kind of an anomaly in their career, and generally has an appeal that is limited to committed Sabs nuts.

3. qrarolu

qrarolu Forum Resident

Would I love to see this album remastered properly,,,, yes. Would I love to see this album remixed properly,,,, YES!!!

Robert

4. aberyclark

aberyclark Well-Known Member

This is probably, IMHO, one of the heaviest albums ever made. Very haunting atmosphere like the first Sabbath LP. I need to seek an import CD

5. magick28

magick28 New Member

I don't know as I have never heard it.

6. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

No, but I'd buy a SACD! It's a totally underrated album!

7. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

With 33 "Yes" votes, something tells me we shouldn't hold our breath on expecting SH/KG to handle this one anytime soon. :)

8. highfidelity81

highfidelity81 Forum Resident

I was hoping for an Audio Fidelity release ;)

9. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

IMO, Born Again is the last truly classic Sabbath album. Don't throw tomatoes but I hold it as dearly as I do just about anything they ever did! :hide:

10. Levitated

Levitated Forum Resident

Heck, I've been looking for just the standard CD of this in shops for years, so yeah, I'd buy a 180 gram vinyl of this!! I used to love Zero The Hero & Trashed. Part of the soundtrack to my early teens.....

11. aberyclark

aberyclark Well-Known Member

iTunes has a decent sounding version. I downloaded it a couple of years back and made a CD for the car. I think sonically, although AAC format, this mix is better than my old WB LP from back in 83. Better high end. I remember having to boost the high spectrum up a bit on my outboard Realistic 5 band equalizer and running the Tape deck in thoriugh eq before transfering to tape. Outboard EQ's yes..those were the days

12. mattright

mattright Forum Resident

Sure I'd love to see a SH version of ANY album - but there's a certain charm to the muddy lo-fi production that makes it unique in my eyes. I'm in the minority for sure, but maybe it's because I've heard all the ozzy songs on the radio for so long that I really dig the non-ozzy Sabbath era better these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.