"Wish You Were Here" 5.1

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by jmrife, Oct 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

I agree :). I doubt there are few if any that have that type of system. I know when I get the WYWH SACD there will be a DSD to PCM conversion. No way to avoid it as I do not have all full range speakers or are they equal distances from the primary listening position. I wonder how many could actually tell the difference between DSD and PCM with a quality 2CH SACD?

Bill

2. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

That may indeed be a factor my friend, but the format also must have played a part in the decision as well. I have a feeling that any future 5.1 high resolution releases may be exclusively in the Blu-ray format. We'll see...

3. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Bought the AP version and cancelled the Immersion version. Now for the rumored Wall 5.1. Hmmmmmm.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

O.K. I know that the SACD had been rumored for years, but I was not aware that the mastering was completed years ago.

5. KeithH

Come on here dear boy...

6. MikeyH

MikeyH Stamper King

It won't be stated here, of course, but note the amount of info we've had on this title compared to that we get on the AP product that is worked on by them... just saying.

7. KeithH

True. Plus SACD is more user-friendly. I'm still getting the Immersion Box for all the extras. I doubt I'll play the Blu-Ray disc much.

8. PFA

PFA Forum Resident

Hi Ron. The format was not a factor at all in causing the delay. In fact, you could say that the WYWH SACD was a bargaining chip (the DSOTM SACD sold very well).

9. pmckeeaalaska

pmckeeaalaska Forum Resident

Just pre-ordered this one and I'm very much looking forward to it. If only they'd give Animals and The Final Cut the old SACD treatment, my Floyd collection would be complete. However, as stated in another thread that I started, this is highly unlikely.

10. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

I'm pretty sure that was the case. Storm even designed artwork specifically for the SACD as well so this was pretty much ready for production AFAIK.

And thanks for the confirmation Vernon.

11. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

12. Sigma6

Sigma6 Forum Resident

13. ca1ore

ca1ore Forum Resident

Does that mean that if the WYWH SACD sells well (I recall reading that the DSotM SACD sold upwards of 800,000 units) and/or the Immerison set sells well that they will commission surround versions of further albums? I hope so!

Still don't really understand why there wasn't a surround version of The Wall done (unless RW has grander future plans for it)?

14. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

15. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

16. padreken

padreken Senior Member

I had to call Acoustic Sounds today about my pre-order (my Discover card was hacked over the weekend, so they issued a new card) and the very pleasant person who took my new card info mentioned they had 2700 orders to date, and the pace has really picked up since the Rocky Mountain Audio Fest.

Can't wait for this one to arrive, and hopefully it sells well enough to make The Wall in 5.1 inevitable.

17. Radiotron

Radiotron Tube Designer

Pre-ordered mine from Elusive Disc. They ship USPS first class to Canada.

18. KeithH

Psst! Put the disc in a jewel case!

19. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

duneman likes this.
  20. GlamorProfession

GlamorProfession Forum Resident

21. Myke

I'm marking this to read later. What I was able to read was fascinating, but people around me here just won't SHUT UP for more than 5 seconds !!! :realmad:

Thank you VERY much for sharing this rontoon.

22. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

No prob. But the thanks should go to Julie (who frequents this forum) for the great write up and Colin for hosting it on AFG.

duneman likes this.
  23. tkl7

tkl7 Agent Provocateur

24. reidc

reidc Senior Member

Ya-

it sux when WORK gets in the way of the Forum- right Myke:winkgrin::winkgrin:

Chris

25. Myke

IF it were work related, but it's not any more than my quiet trying to read is. They be axin' questions, and crunching chips, and screaming with their mouths full of food :help: nothing like an office full of Hippos that can't shut up to save their lives.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.