WHO'S NEXT Japanese SHM-SACD

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rstamberg, Sep 15, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Forgot to add to my post #49...

I plan on getting the SHM-SACD, "Who's Next" thanks to this thread and I'm looking forward to hearing it.

Chris C

2. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

Wow, I've gotta quit getting on this forum or find a money tree. I just ordered the darn thing. Now I have the '95 remaster, the Japan for U.S. non-Hoffman mastered, the Canadian Hoffman mastered, and the double black ring Japan Hoffman mastered of this title. What's wrong with me?

3. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Nothing. This will be my 8th CD, plus two vinyl incarnations. :thumbsup:

4. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

At least were not alone in our craziness.:goodie:

5. Myke

Oh, and the Classic Albums DVD...of course ! :D

6. thebeatles67

thebeatles67 Forum Resident In Memoriam

I just ordered 4 copies of the "Who's Next" SACD from CD Japan tonight. Once they arrive I will be putting them up for sale at exactly my cost plus shipping fees. (Yes I get that 5th one free for my work. (I chose Fed Ex). For those that don't wanna open an account etc this may be a nice way to get one. If interested please PM and I will advise when they arrive--prob 3-4 weeks. I expect my price to anyone in the USA to be around $58.00 each plus shipping. Thanks.

7. Myke

THIS offer needs to be seen by everybody...just in case they're looking, or on the fence about grabbing one. :thumbsup:

8. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

you have a pm!

9. Stan94

Stan94 Senior Member

You should get the 1983 Polydor, it's found dirt cheap on eBay.

10. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

Thanks for the suggestion but I think I'm good now with this title. However, I reserve the right to change my mind.:D

11. howlinrock

howlinrock Forum Resident In Memoriam

I have all these CD's and 9 various vinyl copies and now I'm starting to get an itch-n for this SACD. My next stop "Who's Next Anomymous"

"Who's" got the best price? :)

12. Myke

Asked and answered. :D

13. thebeatles67

Thanks Myke. As of midnight last night all four have been spoken for. I am willing to do 4 more if there is interest. It's SACD, it's "Who's Next", and most all comments on this thread have been pretty positive on the sound. Once these are gone.....-- Please PM.

14. evad

evad Well-Known Member

How did this thread turn into a classified discussion? Yikes.

15. Myke

Last night when I bumped it, and Mike decided to do anyone that doesn't have a copy a nice service, for no profit. I was also the OP of the last thread that preceded this thread, which turned into something else, so...full circle.

16. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Well you don't have the:
    1) WG Polydor
    2) Japan P33P
    3) MFSL Ultradisc II
    4) Deluxe edition
    5) MCA Gold Masterdisc

Get with the program :)

17. Myke

Missing these two myself. :help: :laugh:

18. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Not quite. Mike receives a free Who's Next SHM-CD for his efforts. We all win.

19. Myke

Oh yeah, forgot that. Got all my different copies out in front of the keyboard...jeez, it's a lotta Who's Next !!! :laugh:

20. thebeatles67

Hi Evad,

My intentions were not to post a "classified" within this thread. There are several members here that quickly jumped on this price and service. I am NOT making a profit on these--not one cent. I am going to take advantage of the CD Japan offer of buy 4 get one free though. I am not asking for any money upfront from anyone. If others feel I am annoying them by this offer within the thread please advise and I will refrain from any additional post about such offer. My 8 years here (DCC and SH Forums) Ive always welcomed offers, info, etc to build my collection the least expensive way possible.

All the best guys.

21. RubenH

RubenH Forum Resident

I for one am glad that the gentleman from South Caroline is doing this. To get this disc, any one of us would be shelling out ~ $60, either to cdJapan or to Beatles67. From our perspective, the cost is the same. And if Beatles67 gets a freebie, good for him. I assume most of us find this forum entertaining/informative/fun, etc., and some of us might sense a bit of "community" with like-minded people, even though we know we will most likely never meet each other in the outside world. As a member of this loose community, I am glad to help another member, esp. since it costs me nothing.
    Now, as far as this being a classified post in the music corner, I don't know, maybe you're right, but this transaction involves the purchase of currently available/in-print SACDs, not an old DCC; that might very well merit its inclusion in this thread.
    Cheers

22. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Considering that some people only want the Who's Next SACD due to the reviews here it is nice that the Beatles67 is doing this. Four buyers save some shipping fees and the importer gets the freebee.

23. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

For nearly 60 bucks, you would figure they could have made this a hybrid instead of a single layer SACD. As mentioned prevously, I did buy one though.

24. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I don't care for hybrid it is just another problem for laser drives. Just get an SACD player.

25. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.