Which old "non-remastered" CDs to hang on to?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SamS, Aug 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. M2225

M2225 Nebulus 7 intergalaxy eclipse

A thread started in 2002! Kudos! is the OP still active?

2. George P

George P Notable Member

Yep, last seen today.

clhboa and M2225 like this.
  3. wellhamsrus

wellhamsrus Surrender to the sound

To summarise the discussion of The Ultimate Rascals in this ancient thread: there are two main compilations with this title.

One compilation has a mainly yellow, black and red group photo on the cover:

[​IMG]

The other compilation has a ghastly yellow (bottom of cover) and red (top of cover) image, done by someone unfamiliar with graphic design principles:

[​IMG]

This one, with the ghastly cover, MIGHT be the one you want.

To determine if it is the version you actually want, check the first track. If "I Ain't Gonna Eat Out My Heart Anymore" is in STEREO, buy the CD. If this first track is in MONO, sell the CD or, better yet, don't buy it in the first place.

This compilation has been rereleased a few times. The first and second releases in 1986 were good. Good or bad, barcodes are the same, catalogue numbers are the same (9-27605-2), except for the (bad) Canadian version (CD 27605). So have a listen, or get the seller to have a listen.

4. Hamhead

Hamhead The Bear From Delaware

I still have the first CD player I ever bought back in 1985, a Technics SL-P1

[​IMG]

It's built like a tank but has trouble playing JVC discs.

I hear old Sony PS1's make incredible CD players since they use the chips that are in the high end ES players.

Sony PlayStation 1 CD player

c-eling and clhboa like this.
  5. George P

George P Notable Member

[​IMG]

Hang onto this one. Mastered by Calbi. Still sounds amazing after all these years.

BradOlson and c-eling like this.
  6. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Amy Grant's Myrrh, A&M, Reunion and RCA CD issues of the late 1970s-mid 1980s albums and Myrrh or A&M issues of the albums from 1988 on forward up to 1994 and the Christmas To Remember album is excellent on the A&M and Myrrh CDs. Petra's non-remastered More Power To Ya and This Means War discs over the Anniversary remasters.

Hamhead likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.