When will they fix the New Order screwups?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DJ Phoenix, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SeventhTime

SeventhTime Well-Known Member

I think all the bonus discs were fixed in the 2009 correction run, both sound wise and track listing.

I don't think the Sunrise drop out on Low-Life was ever fixed though.

That would make sense, considering me and seemingly everyone else notices the same sound issues with it. I am happy with it now though, it makes me wonder what other 80s cds have similar pre-emphasis built into the original mix.

2. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Just re-listened to Sunrise again, (Japan Deluxe) and checked in a audio editor, there is no drop-out in the right channel @2:36, there is clipping present though at that mark

3. Sandinista

Sandinista Forum Resident

Bumping an old thread/topic.

I was obviously asleep at the wheel but I still have the original London 2008 versions of the reissues. Have been listening to a lot of NO lately and was wondering what you think the best course of action would be.

Assuming it's waaaaaaaaaaaay late to get replacement copies... I'm curious to hear about how much difference there are in the Rhinos. Aside from the bad taste of the initial lack of transparency with sources for the bonus material in 2008, are the Rhinos improvement enough to warrant purchasing all this again?

Or perhaps better to just snap up Substance (which I thought I had but don't seem to have) and/or Retro (for original Temptation at least?)

Any thoughts appreciated.

4. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

If I were you I'd grab Substance and all the pre-remaster US Qwest cd's + Retro

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.