When will they fix the New Order screwups?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by DJ Phoenix, Jun 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hutlock

hutlock Forever Breathing

So... anyone heard any news? Isn't today the day?

2. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

I'm afraid I can't help much, but they were supposedly re-re-released on Tuesday the 25th. I am still waiting for my replacements to arrive in the mail. I haven't looked for them at retail (as I am doing the replacement program) but there are reports that the new versions DO NOT have the plastic sleeve around the digipak, if that helps anyone interested in picking them up in stores.

3. hutlock

I got promo copies of them originally and didn't get the plastic sleeves around them either, so no biggie there!

4. Horace Wimp

Horace Wimp The 39,891st Beatle

I got my replacement discs from Rhino today. Looks like they sent all 5 bonus discs plus the main disc of Technique.

5. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

How do they sound?

6. Horace Wimp

Horace Wimp The 39,891st Beatle

I wish I could tell you, but they're on the back burner for me with all the Beatles material to go through. If I get a chance to listen to some, I'll happily post about them. :)

7. m300

m300 Forum Resident

All myth, JD/NO do have plenty of tapes and the disc 2 material was properly sourced from them (for the fixed versions).

No clicks and glitches this time, though there is a degree of limiting involved which won't please some, though it's a lot less than on Singles or Waiting For The Sirens' Call.

8. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

I got all the replacement discs also, along with the main disc of Technique. I won't get around to listening to them for awhile, either.

9. Gene Parmesan

Gene Parmesan Forum Resident

I bought Movement and Power, Corruption & Lies at my local indie and neither had slipcases. They both had "R2" above the UPC on the back. Both Disc #2's also had R2 in the inner ring. No reference to R2 on either Disc #1.

I assume these are the 'fixed' versions.

10. JimC

JimC Senior Member

Mine also came Saturday. Just came back from seeing U2 in Chicago and they were waiting, along with a Rhino sticker, which is actually quite large.

I'm listening to Low-Life disc 2 and it sounds good.

11. Rob L

Rob L Forum Resident

Mine JUST came today..(all 5 plus Technique cd 1, 6 total)..I haven't had a chance to listen yet...

12. hutlock

Okay, so I both e-mailed AND called Dr. Rhino about this so I could get my fixed CDs sent to me, and I've not gotten a response to either. I e-mail on Monday, called yesterday. Should I call again, or does it usually take them a few days to get back to you? This is my first time calling Rhino customer service.

Thanks.

13. MikeT

Sometimes it does take a few days for them to get back to you. I have e-mailed Dr. Rhino many times, for many things, and he always responds and he always comes through when he says he is going to.

Don't despair, you will be taken care of.

14. hutlock

Thanks for reassuring me, MikeT! I'll wait it out then!

15. MikeT

No problem, I just hope I'm not wrong. :D (I still stand by what I said above).

16. hutlock

Okay, it's been a full week now and Dr. Rhino hasn't responded to my e-mail or my phone call... is that normal?

17. Mr Sam

Mr Sam "...don't look so good no more"

Dr Rhino responded to my email in 3 days (back in July).

18. hutlock

That's all I needed to hear, Mr. Sam. I'll drop another line that way now. Thanks!

19. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

Hm. I haven't heard back from them either. I was really hoping for a reply.

20. MikeT

Definitely not normal. Call and e-mail them (him) again.

21. hutlock

Maybe the replacements are getting replaced! :laugh:

22. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

OK, I just saw these in JB Hifi here in Perth. My questions, if I dont have some of these albums are these decent sounding versions to get or are they really bad. Opinion seems mixed. Second, how do you know if they are the "fixed" versions? I have not seen them here at all before so Im hoping these are the fixed versions cos Id hate to buy them and discover that these are the old versions. Any help much appreciated!
    Thanks

Steve

23. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

24. hutlock

I think if you can find Factory original CDs, they sound better than the Rhinos, especially Low-life.

I think the second pressings do NOT have the plastic slipcover on them, while the first pressings (the messed-up ones) do have the cover.

25. NOS300B

NOS300B The Moon Queen

I just got an email from Dr. Rhino stating that my New Order replacements would be shipped out within ten days. Hutlock, have you gotten a response yet? If not, I just bet you will soon!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.