What show/movie are you proudest of avoiding?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by GregM, Nov 25, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I have friends who are obsessed with scrubs and I've seen various episodes. It's extremely hard to avoid but I do manage for the most part...

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

one terrible show! I flip the channel quickly on that one...:agree:

3. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

The Exorcist

4. Michael

I can honestly say I never finished that movie...:thumbsdn:

5. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

IMO The Exorcist is one of the very best movies ever made.

6. Michael

maybe well made, but I didn't care for the subject matter...:righton:

7. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

:righton: Quite possibly the best horror movie of them all. No idea why someone would be "proud" they'd skipped it...

8. SOONERFAN

SOONERFAN Forum Resident

I don't know if proud is the right word but I never got into any of the reality shows. I just have no interest in them. I know a lot of folks do and more power to them if they enjoy these shows but they are not for me.

9. Michael

OK, now I have to see this!:D

10. Rachael Bee

Rachael Bee Miembra muy loca

I bid Repossessed even though I got a few snickers out of it.

11. Michael

I do loathe that show!:laugh:

12. saurus

saurus Forum Resident

i'm very proud that i've avoided the new smurfs movie a few times. phew!

13. Michael

I'm sure many adults would if they could!:righton:

14. Scott Wheeler

Scott Wheeler Forum Resident

The specific subject, demonic possession? Or the broader theme of random, undeserved encroachment of evil in humanity?

15. anthontherun

anthontherun Forum Resident

Seriously. About the only good thing I can say about this thread is that it's much, much shorter than a "What music are you proudest of avoiding?" thread would be here. I agree that life is too short to waste on entertainment that you don't enjoy, and it's certainly possible in some cases to make an educated guess on whether a show/movie/album/book will suit your tastes or not...but wearing pop culture ignorance as a badge of honor just seems pretentious to me.

16. nbakid2000

nbakid2000 On Indie's Cutting Edge

I saw the Exorcist and thought it was one of the most boring films ever made.

There was another exorcism film too (Emily Rose) that I literally fell asleep during because I was so bored.

Of course I didn't like The Omen either...it seemed to me half of the movie was Gregory Peck sitting in his office chair.

17. Michael

yes...

18. Michael

saw Emily Rose as well...it was supposedly based on a true story...there is much on the web about her...I was skeptical...as I do not believe in any of it.:thumbsdn:

19. Michael

I get your point...I have to find out if I like a movie for myself not by the opinions of others...crazy to let another person make a decision of whether you should watch a movie or not...I would have missed many movies that I enjoyed regardless of what family, friends or a critic had to say about them...there are some actors I will watch anything the are in just because I enjoy them...:righton:

20. stuwee

stuwee Forum Resident

For me it was the Lord of the Rings trilogy in theaters and in TV ads for the shows, but not because I didn't care for them, I was waiting for the whole thing to come out on DVD so I could watch all three back to back :righton:

I'm proud of myself for holding out, that was a special day :agree:

21. Cheepnik

Cheepnik Overfed long-haired leaping gnome

This right here. Avoiding a movie or a TV show is not an accomplishment.

22. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

This thread also highlights the generation gap. Both The Excorcist and The Omen are considered excellent horror films in their day (saw both on opening day) but they are old school compared to today's ADD films.
    No wonder today's youth would find them boring.

23. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

rename this thread: "People, convince me to watch LOST!"

Actually, I was firmly in your camp, though slowly but surely the pod people came and got me and I ended up watching it. I really recommend watching the first season. I recently turned my father on to it and he loved it. You can pick it up for $17 most places or for free at the library. After season 1, everyone will have their own opinion about how it progresses. But, give it that shot.

Same for Breaking Bad, although that just gets better and better.

24. *Zod*

*Zod* Forum Resident

ST: TNG - one of the 2 or 3 greatest american shows of all time. you are doing yourself a disservice, sir.

25. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

That's an interesting twist on the thread. Never thought about that angle!

I don't think I've ever avoided a movie to wait to see the series all at once. I'll do my best to avoid trailers for movies I really want to see - if I already know I'm going to see Movie A, why watch an ad for it and ruin some of the surprises? - but I can't say I've ever skipped films to wait for the completion of the series...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.